**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

How should Kabam fix sandbagging?

Comments

• tufo24tufo24 Posts: 45
    I have even gone with just a deck of 3 or 4*'s to have a balanced deck but then end up facing someone with unranked 5 and 6 star champs who are more powerful than my maxed out champs. BG now rewards players for not ranking up champs when before this, the goal was to rank everyone up. If we can't rank down champs, have even matchups or ban cheaters/modders than this will end up failing as players just stop trying.
  • Who_knewWho_knew Posts: 50
    There should be a limit on how many ranks between your highest and lowest champ. Example is your strongest champ is 6r4 then you cant use any champ lower than XrX then you can be matched against other people in the same bracket.

But as long as people are using mods then it doesn't matter what they do to fix the match making.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    I don’t wanna ban 3* and lower because there’s lots of cool chances for three star and below friendlies you could do
  • HuenasHuenas Posts: 33
    It’s actually really simple, you match by count of highest tiers in deck and count of star level. Similar screen they do with incursions.

If you don’t put any 6* in deck, you never face a 6*

If max you put in your deck is 4* then you never see another deck with anything larger then 4*

They won’t do this thou as the 4* are obtainable by most and take the need to gamble and spend out of the equation.

Since this model would be just skill vs skill and RNG involved in draft, it would be the most fair.
  • MatanacosMatanacos Posts: 67
    edited November 2022
    LOL!! Too much whining.

I have a pretty big roster, but do BG with a straight 3* deck. Matches are even~ish and fun!!

The fix seemed to work. Most complainers do not realize that between their top champ on the deck to the lowest one, there is a BIG gap.

I think deck set-up might require a tad bit of thinking? Homogenize your deck, and you'll see
  • CrusaderjrCrusaderjr Posts: 1,059 ★★★★
    wouldnt top 40 maybe 50 champs be the best solution? or depending how many r3 or 4 6* someone has you get more slots for top 60-70 champs? personally i have like 30+ r3 and higher 6* so that would allow me to add some 5* that i normally use. obviouslly lower rating champs wont benefit me or be allowed in.
  • AntzRodzAntzRodz Posts: 255 ★★
    Ban 3* 2* and 1* champs in battlegrounds
    I would recommend banning each Star levels depending on progression based.
  • SidDDragonSidDDragon Posts: 1,183 ★★★
    edited November 2022
    For me the first step should be reducing the rarity of champs one can place to two..for example if u have a 6* champ in ur deck then u can only have 6 and 5* champs in ur deck..if the highest rarity in ur deck is a 5* champ then u can only and 5 and 4* champs in ur deck and so on.
    This would allow people who use all 4 or 3* deck to continue keep doing that and have fun in that game mode in their own way.
    That wouldn’t solve the problem of sandbagging altogether because people would still place 5* r1 champs but it would reduce the extremes by some margin and some other filter can be added on top of the above restriction to prevent the 5* r1 placements
  • ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★

*Other
    Separate people into Brackets. Either two or three Brackets, and adjust the Rewards accordingly.
    There is no reason for anyone at the Paragon level to bring anything under a 5*. Unless they're trying to manipulate the system. Separate them into a Tb/Para Bracket, and their advantage dwindles. So you won't have to ban any use, it just won't be lucrative.

I don't say this often, but 100% agree with grounded wisdom here.Key part of this which many suggestions leave out is to adjust the awards accordingly.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,054 ★★★★★

*Other
    Separate people into Brackets. Either two or three Brackets, and adjust the Rewards accordingly.
    There is no reason for anyone at the Paragon level to bring anything under a 5*. Unless they're trying to manipulate the system. Separate them into a Tb/Para Bracket, and their advantage dwindles. So you won't have to ban any use, it just won't be lucrative.

I don't say this often, but 100% agree with grounded wisdom here.Key part of this which many suggestions leave out is to adjust the awards accordingly.
    Ironically, he is wrong.
    Imagine say blue namor being ultimate top meta champ, yet you only have him at 2*. If you add him to your deck and ban him every match, you get 29 champs to choose from, wich gives more control over your picked champ. If your opponent doesn't have that champ in his deck, you just ignore your 2* champ, just like you would've ignore the other champ you would've add instead of your 2* ban bench warmer. So it very much does make sense for me as paragon to bring 2* champ in certain circumstances at very least
  • Sachhyam257Sachhyam257 Posts: 974 ★★★★
    Just got done with my third match of the season and I've already faced a paragon player sandbagging in bronze 2. It's just pathetic. Why haven't kabam put in measures like- banning 1/2/3*s if there is a 6* in the deck already? If you have a 6* it means you have moved past those lower rarities. An argument can be made for 4*s but none for those lower than that.

Some are resorting to sandbagging just to counter other sandbaggers. It's just a **** situation all around.

Also, as @Dragoon81 stated, it shouldn't be based on consecutive wins but rather total wins. A single loss in an unfair matchup against a modder or sandbagger easily sets you 2 wins back. Unless you are spending on victory shields, you end up using more elder marks/ energy to make up for the deficit.
  • Rudolph_RaindeerRudolph_Raindeer Posts: 259 ★★
    Where is the option:

• Leave it as it is
  • Nameless_IWNameless_IW Posts: 980 ★★★★
    the sandbagging is real easy fix. if the summoner has enough 6 and 5 stars champs, then automatically 3* and below are banned.
  • AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    They can probably develop Tiers based on no. of champs a player has in different star rarities....we already have similar tier system in Incursions

Eg. If a player has 50+ 6* champs then they will be in Tier 1 & they can only use 5* & 6* in Competitive BG matches while having the option to use lower star rarities in friendly matches
    Similarly a player having 50+ 5* will be in Tier 2 & they can use only 5* & 4* champs in competitive matches
    Similarly Tiers 3 & 4 for lower rarities
  • Sachhyam257Sachhyam257 Posts: 974 ★★★★
    AMS94 said:

They can probably develop Tiers based on no. of champs a player has in different star rarities....we already have similar tier system in Incursions

Eg. If a player has 50+ 6* champs then they will be in Tier 1 & they can only use 5* & 6* in Competitive BG matches while having the option to use lower star rarities in friendly matches
    Similarly a player having 50+ 5* will be in Tier 2 & they can use only 5* & 4* champs in competitive matches

I don't have 50+ 6*s so I'd be in tier 2, then I'd be forced to use my 5* and 4* champs. What about my 40 6* champs? I don't get to use them? Lol.
  • AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★

AMS94 said:

I don't have 50+ 6*s so I'd be in tier 2, then I'd be forced to use my 5* and 4* champs. What about my 40 6* champs? I don't get to use them? Lol.
    I mistakenly omitted that part
    50+ 5* means 6*, 5* & 4* can be allowed, not just 5* & 4*
    Basically with every tier drop players can use champs of 1 tier lower rarity, & all higher tier rarities will stay open for their decks
    So 50+ 6* means 6 & 5,
    50+ 5* means 6, 5 & 4,
    50+ 4* means 6, 5, 4 & 3,
    50+ 3* means 6, 5, 4, 3 & 2
    And <50 3* means entire roster will be available without any restrictions

With these safeguards, players with genuine accounts won't be able to manipulate the system as much as they currently can
    Sandbagging will continue with lower rank 5* champs but the gap won't be as big as it currently is, giving players much fairer matchups while facing sandbaggers

Only people who'll be able to manipulate the system will be modders....for them we need different mechanisms as they don't need to do sandbagging to cheat the system
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,919 ★★★★★
    All those options are garbage.

Beat someone with half a deck or get better.
  • IamGrO_otIamGrO_ot Posts: 172 ★★
    AMS94 said:

AMS94 said:

Basically with every tier drop players can use champs of 1 tier lower rarity, & all higher tier rarities will stay open for their decks
    So 50+ 6* means 6 & 5,
    50+ 5* means 6, 5 & 4,

With these safeguards, players with genuine accounts won't be able to manipulate the system as much as they currently can
    Sandbagging will continue with lower rank 5* champs but the gap won't be as big as it currently is, giving players much fairer matchups while facing sandbaggers

Only people who'll be able to manipulate the system will be modders....for them we need different mechanisms as they don't need to do sandbagging to cheat the system</p>
    The difference between a 5*r1 with a low rating and a maxed 3*, is a few hundred in rating. So, unfortunately, this does not solve anything in relation to sandbagging.

The solution is to draw everyone against everyone within a group, regardless of rating.

To avoid UC / Cav / TB being slaughtered by Paragons for several weeks in a row, one starts in the system at different stages based on progression title. For example, UC bronze 3, Cav Silver 3, TB gold 3, Paragon plat 3. These players are awarded previous levels' rewards when the season starts. This could work better, but of course…it will never happen…💸💸💸
  • Angryneeson52Angryneeson52 Posts: 445 ★★★
    This still works fantastic and is a joy to do to little accounts!
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    _Pez_ said:

If you are going to do a poll on this, There should really be an option for matchmaking based on BG tier/league only. It's one of the end results a lot of people want even if you dont

That already happens no
  • MackeyMackey Posts: 1,549 ★★★★★

_Pez_ said:

If you are going to do a poll on this, There should really be an option for matchmaking based on BG tier/league only. It's one of the end results a lot of people want even if you dont

That already happens no
    No it doesn't. Go and search for a match with your top champs (you'll match someone with a similar deck) ... then go and search for a match with only 4* in your deck (you'll also match someone with a similar deck).

Tier is obviously taken into account too but that is the only parameter that should be there
  • MackeyMackey Posts: 1,549 ★★★★★
    IamGrO_ot said:

AMS94 said:

AMS94 said:

So 50+ 6* means 6 & 5,
    50+ 5* means 6, 5 & 4,

Only people who'll be able to manipulate the system will be modders....for them we need different mechanisms as they don't need to do sandbagging to cheat the system</p>
    The difference between a 5*r1 with a low rating and a maxed 3*, is a few hundred in rating. So, unfortunately, this does not solve anything in relation to sandbagging.

The solution is to draw everyone against everyone within a group, regardless of rating.

To avoid UC / Cav / TB being slaughtered by Paragons for several weeks in a row, one starts in the system at different stages based on progression title. For example, UC bronze 3, Cav Silver 3, TB gold 3, Paragon plat 3. These players are awarded previous levels' rewards when the season starts. This could work better, but of course…it will never happen…💸💸💸
    100% agree here, sure it'd need some fine tuning but the basics is spot on and exactly how it should be. Not sure how Kabam got it so catastrophically wrong after umpteen betas 🤦‍♂️
  • DL864DL864 Posts: 1,089 ★★★
    I think they should jist ban certain * levels based on progression. If you do it on prestige you end up in the same situation aw was in awhile back. This is probably the easiest and most obvious solution.
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    Gotham28 said:

_Pez_ said:

Gotham28 said:

_Pez_ said:

So you're telling me matchmaking should should be based ONLY on the rank you are at? Well then good luck with your biggest champ a 4star r4 iron patriot against my r4 sig200 Weapon X . Should be fair right? since we both are at bronze 3
    My opinion doesn't really matter, it's one of the main proposals people have been suggesting on all these matchmaking posts, if you are doing a poll it should have all the possible outcomes and not be biased to your wishes.
    I didnt include that option because it makes no sense. Think about bro, if matchmaking was based on rank only that would mean all the bigger accounts instantly have a HUGH advantage. No matter how skilled you are if the opponents roster is 10x better than yours you cant win. Its going to be shitshow and only whales will be playing bgs at that point
    And that’s exactly how AW works.
    As fair as it gets.
    As long as you are at the same tier/rating you should had the same odds to match anyone in it.
    Any other factor except luck, included in matchmking process, is unfair , whether that is prestige, deck rating or anything.
    People are sandbagging in bgs because they try to manipulate a manipulative matchmaking.
    Power start based on previous season placement and total random matchmaking within same bracket (or same GC rating) solves the problem.
    No need for sandbagging and people can use all their top champs.
    Till then, sandbagging will be the most effective tactic, to counter the faulty matchmaking.

• K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    If you want to have matches using 3 and 4 Star champions, that's great. I think it could be a lot of fun. great opportunity for Content Creators, etc. It doesn't belong in Ranked Matches though. That's what an Unranked mode should be for. You should be 100% encouraged to bring your absolute best and most competitive champions (taking the nodes into consideration) when you queue up for a Ranked Match. I'm not even entirely against bringing lower rarities because you intend on banning that champion. I think that's all part of fair strategy. I'm just saying that doing so should not have any impact on the quality of opponent you match up against. If you are winning, you should generally be encountering more and more difficult opponents.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,184 ★★★★★
    Can they tie your ability to bring a low rarity champ with, say, your title? If you’re Cavalier and above, you can only bring 5 and 6 stars, or some such? Uncollected can also bring 4s, Conqueror can bring 3s…