Options

Why shouldn’t units get buffed too? 🤨

Comments

• Options
    CapriciousCapricious Posts: 215 ★★
    hburns03 said:

ItsDamien said:

TyEdge said:

This isn’t among the hundred biggest issues with this game right now.

Since when is money not a top ranked issue? Since when are units not an essential commodity in the game? All of you guys do me a favor and dump all of your units. Go ask Kabam for a refund on a purchase and put yourself in unit jail. Spend all of your units on two stars and spend the rest of this month owning zero or negative units and then tell me how irrelevant this issue is.
    There are plenty of people who are completely free to play and do quite well for themselves. So no. It’s not “essential” and even more so it’s not “essential” to pay for them either.
    Good for them, I didn’t say paying for units is an essential aspect of the game. I said that if everything in the game is being buffed then why wouldn’t the unit store also be included in that. Stop with the strawman arguments. All that you’re really saying is “well I don’t spend so I don’t care” then why are you here?
    it would be nice to get more units from spending bc obviously it makes it easier getting units. but the reason other resources in the game have been buffed is bc of progression. gold is easier to obtain in late game due to the fact you need more gold to level and rank up champions. certain catalysts that were once harder to obtain are now easier to obtain according to your progression level. units haven’t been buffed bc the value of units have not changed and there’s nothing preventing your progression due to units when you can always go into arenas and get hundreds-thousands of units depending on how much you want to grind. the only relevant use for units after you’ve set up your masteries properly is really only if you want to buy energy refills or potions, which you can obtain both those items from other in game content

But here’s the thing… units are now a big part of progression one way or another. You can buy rank materials with units, you can buy victory tracks and shields with units, you can buy gold with units, you can level up champions with units, you can earn relics with units, UNITS ARE HUGE RIGHT NOW! Back when these price points were created the only thing people would use them for was team revives. Now we’re at a point where it’s actually a part of the culture of the game. In pretty much every single mode. HELL you can even skip through AQ and AW with units. UNITS UNITS UNITS UNITS UNITS UNITS UNITS! I mean it’s weird to even think about how we’ve progressed in just a year
  • Options

hburns03 said:

Huh

What part of what I just said was confusing to you?
    What is the 1:1 ratio that you mentioned?
    think of it as spending 5$ gets you 500 units instead of 135
    $5 gets you 735 units a month currently.
    Oh really? Than what does $10 dollars get you?
  • Options

Huh

Basically most game have a currency system where the amount of dollars that you spend is around equal to the Virtual currency that you receive and than items that you can purchase are also that same price value. So a cavalier crystal in the game costs more than $10 a team revive costs slightly less than 5 dollars. I could also see Kabam making the $5 deal closer to 300 units. But either way $5 for around 100 units is bizarre and a terrible value for todays game
    Which games?
    From what I play… rocket league, marvels avengers,
    While games like Fortnite, injustice 2 ($5 gets you double so it’s more 2:1), 2K are examples where you’re getting more than just a 1:1 (I think $5 gets you 700 etc) however with 2K it more or less evens out when you look at how expensive the cost is in totality. I wouldn’t mind running through all of the game marketplaces and comparing ours to other games but I just think that Kabam should do more to optimize the values I think that these smaller deals especially are kind of rip offs
    But they’re completely different games with completely different game economies. $100 in their currency gets you $100 worth of their product. $100 of units gets you $100 worth of MCoC product. Ratio is irrelevant. This is like arguing which is heavier between 100 pounds of feathers and 100 pounds of bricks. The weight in value is the same but the product and what you need for said product is different because each economy has a different currency, a different value ascribed to their product, and a different customer base with different spending interests.
    It’s actually like arguing what $100 gets you at Walmart vs what $100 gets you at target but some of you guys are completely cool with only being able to buy a rock for $5
  • Options
    Jefechuta said:

GOTG said:

OGAvenger said:

1:1 ratio. For 500 units you need to spend $500! Be careful guys! He secretly is asking for a unit NERF!

1:1 ratio in his mind is 1 dollar equals to 100 units.
    Thank you, I mean come on now. We don’t have to disagree but let’s not be dense
    Fam, units are literally free, stop this
    There is a cost to everything! My time is not free, my attention is not free, the carpal tunnel syndrome from the grind isn’t free either. Everything is a transaction otherwise why would people spend money on units ever? Better yet why don’t we let Kabam just make units in the marketplace free since you don’t think there’s a cost to what we’re doing
  • Options

Huh

Basically most game have a currency system where the amount of dollars that you spend is around equal to the Virtual currency that you receive and than items that you can purchase are also that same price value. So a cavalier crystal in the game costs more than $10 a team revive costs slightly less than 5 dollars. I could also see Kabam making the $5 deal closer to 300 units. But either way $5 for around 100 units is bizarre and a terrible value for todays game
    Which games?
    While games like Fortnite, injustice 2 ($5 gets you double so it’s more 2:1), 2K are examples where you’re getting more than just a 1:1 (I think $5 gets you 700 etc) however with 2K it more or less evens out when you look at how expensive the cost is in totality. I wouldn’t mind running through all of the game marketplaces and comparing ours to other games but I just think that Kabam should do more to optimize the values I think that these smaller deals especially are kind of rip offs
    I see. So what you're saying is all games are different. Gotcha.
    If that’s your takeaway than you should let Damian teach you a thing or two because I clearly made two distinctions within the markets. Games that optimize and games that maximize. Where does Kabam fit into this equation? Neither because of what I have said in other posts.
  • Options

hburns03 said:

Huh

It gets you 1470 units over the course of two months.
    You’re ducking the topic but I respect this because at least you know how to debate a little bit. You’re talking about a subscription service that lets you accumulate units over time in exchange for the player logging in every day and engaging with the product. I’m talking about the marketplace that lets you buy units directly which is entirely unbalanced and not optimal. Two completely different topics. But yes the $5 deal is very nice buying it twice or rather once a month doesn’t turn it into a $10 deal. It simply means you paid for the subscription twice
  • Options
    I like y’all this is fun
  • Options

Huh

Which games?
    But they’re completely different games with completely different game economies. $100 in their currency gets you $100 worth of their product. $100 of units gets you $100 worth of MCoC product. Ratio is irrelevant. This is like arguing which is heavier between 100 pounds of feathers and 100 pounds of bricks. The weight in value is the same but the product and what you need for said product is different because each economy has a different currency, a different value ascribed to their product, and a different customer base with different spending interests.
    It’s actually like arguing what $100 gets you at Walmart vs what $100 gets you at target but some of you guys are completely cool with only being able to buy a rock for $5
    Only when you’re comparing identical products, but you’re making your argument using examples that can’t possibly line up with one another. V-bucks only buys you what Fortnite offer and v-coin only offers you what 2k offers. MCoC can’t align the value of units with another games currency because that currency is no good on their game. In the same way Epic and 2k can’t align the value of their currencies with units because you cannot purchase their product with units. It’s a self-defeating argument because it’s completely invalid.
    This is a better argument than what everyone else is saying. And I agree with you, I would need more video games that have micro transactions in them to compare. However 2K would be more similar to MCOC because VC can buy you both cosmetics and also several different items that I will essentially just call player progression items. I am simply asking for Kabam to consider reviewing the current model that they have in place considering the increasing cost to our player progression system.
  • Options

Huh

Which games?
    Duplicate comment. Ignore this one.
    I got caught slipping on that one, my fault.
  • Options

Huh

Which games?
    Duplicate comment. Ignore this one.
    But the end of my statement still holds true, everyone here’s going to be fine spending $5 on a rock but I’m not because I know that I can go get something better somewhere else.
  • Options
    Jefechuta said:

Bro, you are obviously too young to understand why all you say is complete nonsense, and If you are not young then there's nothing else to discuss here as you didnt notice by yourself why you are wrong

Wanting progress isn’t nonsense
  • Options
    FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Posts: 2,225 ★★★★★

Huh

Which games?
    Only when you’re comparing identical products, but you’re making your argument using examples that can’t possibly line up with one another. V-bucks only buys you what Fortnite offer and v-coin only offers you what 2k offers. MCoC can’t align the value of units with another games currency because that currency is no good on their game. In the same way Epic and 2k can’t align the value of their currencies with units because you cannot purchase their product with units. It’s a self-defeating argument because it’s completely invalid.
    This is a better argument than what everyone else is saying. And I agree with you, I would need more video games that have micro transactions in them to compare. However 2K would be more similar to MCOC because VC can buy you both cosmetics and also several different items that I will essentially just call player progression items. I am simply asking for Kabam to consider reviewing the current model that they have in place considering the increasing cost to our player progression system.
    2k is still a poor comparison in my mind because in 2k you’re either focused on a single player (MyPark) as opposed to a vast roster that spans across all game modes, or you’re focused on a head-to-head game mode where you are building a roster but the competitive ability of that roster is diminished shortly after completing it and nearly requires a reset roughly every month. With MCoC the value of what you spend your units on in attempts to build your roster actually holds value over a significantly longer period of time and almost indefinitely depending on which game mode you’re investing in.

I would also counter with this: does offering more ways to optionally spend units really decrease the current value of units? I would argue that more ways to spend them how I see fit, especially when talking about rank up materials, is an increase in the value. Yes, you may spend them faster, but product availability doesn’t immediately mean that the currency is diminishing. We don’t need more money because there are more choices of candy at the store, we just have more options to choose how we use our money.
  • Options

Huh

Which games?
    2k is still a poor comparison in my mind because in 2k you’re either focused on a single player (MyPark) as opposed to a vast roster that spans across all game modes, or you’re focused on a head-to-head game mode where you are building a roster but the competitive ability of that roster is diminished shortly after completing it and nearly requires a reset roughly every month. With MCoC the value of what you spend your units on in attempts to build your roster actually holds value over a significantly longer period of time and almost indefinitely depending on which game mode you’re investing in.

I would also counter with this: does offering more ways to optionally spend units really decrease the current value of units? I would argue that more ways to spend them how I see fit, especially when talking about rank up materials, is an increase in the value. Yes, you may spend them faster, but product availability doesn’t immediately mean that the currency is diminishing. We don’t need more money because there are more choices of candy at the store, we just have more options to choose how we use our money.
    But I don’t think we have enough freedom and empowerment in the game for the candy analogy to work fully. So it isn’t that the cost of units is allowing us to buy different choices of candy. But rather we’re getting units so that we Can attend the same ball pits and interact with each other on a semi equal playing field. Kabam wants to add different ball pits at different prices but doesn’t want to increase the generation of units which causes us to either spend more or grind more in order to maintain that same level of access. The only choices we have are when to make business decisions and choose NOT to progress with all of the other people who are being funneled into these different venues
  • Options
    JefechutaJefechuta Posts: 1,212 ★★★★
    You cannot compare different game between them, its nonsense lmao, there's no need to write a whole book to explain it, you are comparing scorpions to elephants, both are animals but its a complete nonsense to compare them, its basic logic
  • Options
    Jefechuta said:

You cannot compare different game between them, its nonsense lmao, there's no need to write a whole book to explain it, you are comparing scorpions to elephants, both are animals but its a complete nonsense to compare them, its basic logic

Dude you know that their are LITERAL statistical tests that you can do with the exact purpose being to compare different things. 😒 I.E. is Steph curry more likely to make a 3 pointer than Tom Brady is to throw a touchdown. Now I’m mad at running statistics but don’t make me grab the nerds! Cause I can 😂
  • Options

Jefechuta said:

Dude you know that their are LITERAL statistical tests that you can do with the exact purpose being to compare different things. 😒 I.E. is Steph curry more likely to make a 3 pointer than Tom Brady is to throw a touchdown. Now I’m mad at running statistics but don’t make me grab the nerds! Cause I can 😂
    “Mid”
  • Options
    Yeah and an insect is way stronger than a human because it can carry X times his own weight, but still is nonsense to compare them cause of their size and mainly because both are different animals, so again, man, stop this, you could be using this time discussing this by playing some arenas and getting units
  • Options

hburns03 said:

Huh

You’re ducking the topic but I respect this because at least you know how to debate a little bit. You’re talking about a subscription service that lets you accumulate units over time in exchange for the player logging in every day and engaging with the product. I’m talking about the marketplace that lets you buy units directly which is entirely unbalanced and not optimal. Two completely different topics. But yes the $5 deal is very nice buying it twice or rather once a month doesn’t turn it into a $10 deal. It simply means you paid for the subscription twice
    I appreciate the backhanded compliment lol. My posts about the subscription service were about as relevant as your argument about other game currency. How many units you get for $5 or $100 is irrelevant. They could make it 5 million units for $5 and price things you can get with units such that your $5 would not get you as much as it does now. If two games both offer 500 units for $5 and item X costs 500 units in one and 300 units in the other, what does it matter than they both gave 500 units? The only relevant point is assessing how much you can buy in game for your $5.

Every game has its own in-game economy. Even granting your point that most games use a 1 to 1:1 scale the only point you could make would be like saying that most games use the metric system and Kabam uses the English system. Your point would be like arguing that because you can drive 100 kilometers an hour on a road in Canada therefore the United States should let you drive 100 miles an hour.

If you want to argue that you can buy more with $5 worth of in-game currency in most other games, provide evidence. If you want to argue that Kabam's current in-game economy is unbalanced, then do so. But your argument that "Most games already use a ratio that’s closer to a 1:1 scale. Meaning that $5 should be getting us about 400-500 units instead of 100 (135)" is a non sequitur.
    Redundant I already told you everything you’re asking of me. And your driving analogy doesn’t work because units and VC are the same thing. In fact you know this already which is why you brought up the 2nd point arguing what can you get with the VC is more important than how much it costs to buy the VC. I’m arguing that the price of the brick has gone up in this game. And it has just as health potions have higher potency and champions cost more gold and resources to rank up.
  • Options
    ItsDamien said:

Your $100 doesn’t equal my £100. If I go to your Walmart I’ll walk away with more value after conversion than what you’ll get from spending $100 here. That’s the argument you literally made when comparing different game economies. It’s a redundant argument.

Read the chat b
    ItsDamien said:

Your $100 doesn’t equal my £100. If I go to your Walmart I’ll walk away with more value after conversion than what you’ll get from spending $100 here. That’s the argument you literally made when comparing different game economies. It’s a redundant argument.

$100 20 years ago doesn't even get you the same prices as it does today. And no I don’t mean in a different country I mean in this one
  • Options
    We’re celebrating anniversaries every year and acting like it’s the same game that can just stay the exact same. The hall of glory and health sucks too. What am I supposed to do with 200K??? It’s all rubbish
  • Options

ItsDamien said:

Read the chat b
    ItsDamien said:

$100 20 years ago doesn't even get you the same prices as it does today. And no I don’t mean in a different country I mean in this one
    Thats why you can buy T4 CC for 20 Units and you needed a lot more units to do it before and only in offers
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,639 ★★★★★

hburns03 said:

Huh

I appreciate the backhanded compliment lol. My posts about the subscription service were about as relevant as your argument about other game currency. How many units you get for $5 or $100 is irrelevant. They could make it 5 million units for $5 and price things you can get with units such that your $5 would not get you as much as it does now. If two games both offer 500 units for $5 and item X costs 500 units in one and 300 units in the other, what does it matter than they both gave 500 units? The only relevant point is assessing how much you can buy in game for your $5.

Every game has its own in-game economy. Even granting your point that most games use a 1 to 1:1 scale the only point you could make would be like saying that most games use the metric system and Kabam uses the English system. Your point would be like arguing that because you can drive 100 kilometers an hour on a road in Canada therefore the United States should let you drive 100 miles an hour.

If you want to argue that you can buy more with $5 worth of in-game currency in most other games, provide evidence. If you want to argue that Kabam's current in-game economy is unbalanced, then do so. But your argument that "Most games already use a ratio that’s closer to a 1:1 scale. Meaning that $5 should be getting us about 400-500 units instead of 100 (135)" is a non sequitur.
    Redundant I already told you everything you’re asking of me. And your driving analogy doesn’t work because units and VC are the same thing. In fact you know this already which is why you brought up the 2nd point arguing what can you get with the VC is more important than how much it costs to buy the VC. I’m arguing that the price of the brick has gone up in this game. And it has just as health potions have higher potency and champions cost more gold and resources to rank up.
    No, they are both in-game currency just as dollars and pounds are currency. It doesn’t make them the same. My driving analogy works fine. They are both measures of speed. You argued that we should get 500 units for $5 based on the ratio of units to dollars in other games but you equivocate.
  • Options
    Vergeman78Vergeman78 Posts: 132 ★★
    edited December 2022
    Where’s GroundedWisdom? His insight is all that’s missing from this conversation lol. To stick with speed units, this post is going nowhere fast
  • Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

ItsDamien said:

Read the chat b
    ItsDamien said:

For calling out strawman arguments earlier, you should look in the mirror. This is the biggest strawman argument so far. Your argument is comparing one currency (dollars) across two different games (in my argument countries). Just because you can buy more with your dollars in one game doesn’t mean you can expect the same perceived “value” in another.
This discussion has been closed.