**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Unable to bind 5* relic

MackeyMackey Posts: 1,547 ★★★★★
edited December 2022 in Bugs and Known Issues
Recently acquired a 5* Vision battlecast but it isn't registering the bind process, it pops up to say "bound to ....." but doesn't actually take, if I try to back out after it pops up saying if I back out the relic won't be bound etc etc. I do have video footage of this but can't upload videos here?

To note, I've tried to bind it to Ultron, Nimrod, warlock, peni all 6* champs. Even tried to bind it to 5* ultron/warlock with the same results.

@Kabam Miike

To add .... I'm having no issues binding a 4* or 3* relic. Only the 5*

Comments

• MackeyMackey Posts: 1,547 ★★★★★
    OK so now I can't bind 3 or 4 star ones either 😂
  • OKAYGangOKAYGang Posts: 524 ★★★
    I am having this issue also, is it just us?
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,959 ★★★★★
    Are any of the champs you're trying to bind in AQ or a quest?
  • flip3609sbroflip3609sbro Posts: 44
    I can’t get a 3* relic to unbind now, was wanting to swap a few around, can’t get it off.

Champ isn’t in any quest, aq, aw.

Also tried a game restart, to no avail

No it's not that, it actually allows me to bind but doesn't stick to the champ. Champs locked in a quest, it don't let you do it at all.

have you tried ignoring relics like the rest of us?

In all honesty I'm not fussed about them but I got a 5* one from BGs VC progression and thought I may as well bind him. Then saw I couldn't and figured the right thing to do was to report it here and via a ticket
  • DjjendjeenDjjendjeen Posts: 55
    I am having the same problem
    Mackey said:

No it's not that, it actually allows me to bind but doesn't stick to the champ. Champs locked in a quest, it don't let you do it at all.
    Can you screen record it and post it to youtube to show whats happening?
  • _BigD__BigD_ Posts: 7
    Not only can I not bind a new relic to a champ, I am unable to unbind old relics. Like others have mentioned, it will let me do it and it appears to have worked, but once you change screens it’s like it never happened.
  • Igheid11Igheid11 Posts: 41
    _BigD_ said:

Not only can I not bind a new relic to a champ, I am unable to unbind old relics. Like others have mentioned, it will let me do it and it appears to have worked, but once you change screens it’s like it never happened.

Same problem... I can't bind or unbind any relics.

@Kabam Miike

edited December 2022

Mackey said:

Can you screen record it and post it to youtube to show whats happening?
    I could if I knew how to lol, seems like a lot of faff tbh. I have footage already so if Kabam need to see it I'm sure they'll provide an email to forward it to

Very strange. I have a 5* Thor Relic and I am not having a problem. I bound it to Venompool and it stayed. Are you iOS?

Very strange. I have a 5* Thor Relic and I am not having a problem. I bound it to Venompool and it stayed. Are you iOS?

I'm on android. Couple of my ally pals are also having the issues. Not sure if they're on IOS or not though 🤷‍♂️
  • Franchise_7Franchise_7 Posts: 45
    I thought I was the only one 😒
    Mackey said:

I'm on android. Couple of my ally pals are also having the issues. Not sure if they're on IOS or not though 🤷‍♂️
    I am also on Android. Maybe it's relic related. Are any of them having trouble with 5* Thor?
  • Igheid11Igheid11 Posts: 41
    edited December 2022

Mackey said:

I am also on Android. Maybe it's relic related. Are any of them having trouble with 5* Thor?
    I'm on Android but tried on iOS and the error persists...

My relic is Hulkbuster 5*... But tried with a 4* scarlet witch and... Error
    i am having problems unbinding and binding storm and juggenault relics, but can unbind/bind a venom relic
    Mackey said:

yup, i have this same problem
    i'm on iphone ios, tried on ios15.6.1 and ios16 and had problems on both ios versions
  • ChiliDogChiliDog Posts: 883 ★★★
    Was this ever responded to in another post?
    ChiliDog said:

Was this ever responded to in another post?

Yes, Jax acknowledged it in another thread on here
  • DragonbaneDragonbane Posts: 16
    @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Miike
    Any attention to this issue? I haven’t been able to bind / unbind relics for sometime and it seems this is not being addressed.
  • TreininTreinin Posts: 215 ★★★
    Hey guys, me and my buddy Whae2ez are also experiencing this issue. It's very frustrating when we work so hard to get this shiny new relic, and we can't even bind it to our champs. Very discouraging and kills our desire to throw our hard earned money at you.
  • NOLA_PIENOLA_PIE Posts: 8
    Same.. i got a 5* storm relic.. won't let me bind to any eligible champs.. pulled relics of 3 and 4* rarity, both before and after this w no problem binding.. I've waited a week thinking that relics being "the new shiney thing", I would've heard something about a fix.. somewhat surprised to come here, only to find complaints and silence.?
    NOLA_PIE said:

Same.. i got a 5* storm relic.. won't let me bind to any eligible champs.. pulled relics of 3 and 4* rarity, both before and after this w no problem binding.. I've waited a week thinking that relics being "the new shiney thing", I would've heard something about a fix.. somewhat surprised to come here, only to find complaints and silence.?

In fairness they have acknowledged the issue on this thread
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/322723/relics-button-bind-relic-not-working#latest

Don't believe they've responded since Jax acknowledging though and there certainly isn't a fix for it 🙄
  • NosrepNosrep Posts: 85
    I had the same issue with a 4* relic
  • Fuzzy_Fuzzy_ Posts: 58
    I have this problem too!