Magneto Prestige

NuugNuug Member Posts: 23
Prestige/Rating is a major issue for people like myself that love certain characters inside/outside the game. It’s been my goal to have Magneto as my top champ and having to give that up all bc he’s 120th overall at rank 4.. kinda upsetting. Especially while other champs are getting overhauls they go up immensely in prestige- example: Rocket r4 overall 152 went up to 11th. And when Hulks overhaul comes out and I see a great increase, I’ll come back and say the same thing. Magneto has always stayed roughly in the same spot. Makes no sense with how strong of a character he is in the grand scheme of things.

Comments

• K00shMaanK00shMaan Member Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    That might be a fair point regarding Magneto but everyone's favourite champ is different and it's obviously impossible to make every champ have the Prestige to be that persons top champ.
  • CyborgNinja135CyborgNinja135 Member Posts: 1,118 ★★★★
    There is no correlation between a character's strength and their prestige. Case in point: Silver Surfer and Thor Ragnarok
  • Marostrange2005Marostrange2005 Member Posts: 422 ★★★
    maybe make the frame for all champs and the top champ have like fire in the background or smthg
  • NuugNuug Member Posts: 23
    I’ve definitely considered all of the following and I don’t see why Kabam haven’t just made a simple Showcase option instead of basing it on Prestige and Rating. At least when it comes to profile.
    With those 2 they should be high tho. Surfer is a galactic being that helps the devourer of worlds and thor is a god. and both are actually good in game.

There is no correlation between a character's strength and their prestige. Case in point: Silver Surfer and Thor Ragnarok

• KyloKylo Member Posts: 124
    Nuug said:

With those 2 they should be high tho. Surfer is a galactic being that helps the devourer of worlds and thor is a god. and both are actually good in game.

I think you would be one of the very few people that claims thor ragnarok is good.
  • CyborgNinja135CyborgNinja135 Member Posts: 1,118 ★★★★
    Maratox said:

Thor rags is actually a very good champ after his buff
    There are plenty of skill champions I would choose before him
  • Just_Frank2022Just_Frank2022 Member Posts: 139
    Getting 250k specials and prestige is lower than champs a whole rank below him whose specials don't even top 15k. Doesn't make sense in my book.
  • Just_Frank2022Just_Frank2022 Member Posts: 139
    Rmags has a spot on my team in almost every piece of content in this game.
  • PapaMidnite007PapaMidnite007 Member Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    It doesn't bother me not every champ has to have good prestige. Infact that will prevent you from enjoying the game if you are only going for prestige you will miss out on ranking so many good champs who will help you when you are in tight corners.
  • TerraTerra Member Posts: 8,283 ★★★★★
    Kylo said:

Nuug said:

I think you would be one of the very few people that claims thor ragnarok is good.
    People haven't lost the stigma of "PrEsTigE RaNkuP OnlY" when it comes to him.
    He's actually really solid.
  • IamGrO_otIamGrO_ot Member Posts: 172 ★★

One of the best champs in the game overall, who cares about prestige… Mags, Angela and Doom...the champs who have gotten me through act 6, 7 and 8.1.
  • IcepickisbackIcepickisback Member Posts: 33
    Prestige makes no sense on any level whatsoever. It’s almost like Kabam either assigns it arbitrarily or gives it to their favorite pet Champions.

It ruins the game mechanics and that can’t be denied.
    Makes no sense. I’m over here ranking up stark suit spidey just to keep mags as my top champ.

Getting 250k specials and prestige is lower than champs a whole rank below him whose specials don't even top 15k. Doesn't make sense in my book.

• OKAYGangOKAYGang Member Posts: 524 ★★★
    My thought is if a champ is going to help you in multiple areas of game play like rMags does who cares about prestige? Rank them up, complete more content and then use your earned rewards to rank champs less useful with higher prestige later on. Mags is literally a top 3 Mutant champ use wise in every game area that earns good rewards. He is arguably the best in story quests, more than useful on both sides of AW and BG, and can be useful for AQ. Sacrificing a little prestige in the short term is well worth it if it helps you r4 more champs for higher prestige and actual in game performance in the long term. Prestige is the average of your top 5 champs. Rank the ones that will help you get the rewards that you need to rank up others the fastest has always been my strategy. Mags was my first r3 6*, I now have 9 r4, and 14 r3 6* champs with enough cats and rank up gems in reserve for at least one more R4 and a few more r3s although I may start saving those cats for my first r5 sometime later this year. When I do finally get to that first r5 rank up it will be the champ that I feel will help me most with Act 8.2-4 and other future story content the most so I can get my next R5 as quickly as possible.Prestige won't even be a consideration until I have a solid R5 attack team for future story quests and wars.