**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Where's the Christmas Spirit Kabam? Why the Bah Humbug attitude?

I'm in a lot of chats for this game, A LOT. Y'all actually have no idea how many chats I'm in but it's a lot. One common thing I have noticed going on in the chats since the banquet event started is players freaking out because they didn't know they had to wait in order to be eligible for the banquet alliance event rewards. Lots of people, lots of really really nice long time players of this game. They honestly didn't know that they had to wait until they were in an alliance for 14 days and in my opinion the blame is on you Kabam. This should have been more organized, you ended the war season after the cutoff for the banquet event so everybody that switched alliances after the conclusion of the last war season had to wait a few days before being able to participate in the banquet event and not all of them were aware of this. Some of them just started playing the game and others were busy with finals and some were busy trying to get ready for the holidays so they could be with their family. When this started on Tuesday at 1:00 p.m. Eastern standard Time by 2:30 p.m. Eastern standard Time I must have talked to and calmed down over 50 players. There were many more in the chats but those are the ones that reached out to me privately and I'm telling you over 50 players. After everyone was done talking it was agreed upon for these players to message Kabam support and explain what happened. All of us assumed in the spirit of Christmas that you would fix this for them. That there was no way you would pull a scrooge and screw over ANY players right before Christmas. And then you did it. I still can't believe it but you did it. You told them they should have known and left it like that. Well I'm sorry not everybody is glued to the forums, not everybody opens every message you send in game because we have lives outside this game and it's Christmas time so guess what? Those lives are exceptionally busy right now. This is not just affecting those players, it's affecting the entire player base. I didn't switch alliances after the last war season ended. You would think this wouldn't affect me. Yet I am still here writing to you and pleading to you to fix this. I think that says a lot in itself. You might think this doesn't affect me one way or another but it does, it affects everybody. Those players that you're brushing off? Those players that you're refusing to help because according to you they should have known better well guess what? They belong to alliances. They have friends in those alliances and those friends feel just as bummed about it as the affected players. The free to play players affected have no chance of earning back all of those units before the event ends. The players that spend on the game... it's Christmas. I don't know about you but money's super tight, especially this year. The economy isn't exactly booming. Inflation isn't going down. Kabam I really hope you'll do the right thing and reconsider your stance on this. Let's see if you can reach deep down inside and find some holiday spirit. I know it's in there, just let it out. Don't ruin Christmas for these players.

Comments

• Options
    DragonMCOCDragonMCOC Posts: 528 ★★★
    Um...wow...
  • Options
    Roguefrogger13Roguefrogger13 Posts: 413 ★★

• Options
    FiiNCH said:

Tldr: players mad because they didn't read.

I just saw a wall of text and said ‘nope’.
    Yeah look at the screenshot and tell me you still think this is okay
  • Options

And this is just one player, I wish I could help all of them. This situation is just so messed up.
  • Options

Some of these players affected literally just started playing the game again after a break. Some of the players affected were dealing with finals in college. Some of the players affected were dealing with health issues. The list goes on and on. Kabam needs to do the right thing.
  • Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

Some of these players affected literally just started playing the game again after a break. Some of the players affected were dealing with finals in college. Some of the players affected were dealing with health issues. The list goes on and on. Kabam needs to do the right thing.
    Kabam doesn’t need to do anything. They’re not going to change it now, they probably won’t change it next year either. Perhaps those line chats should have told them not to buy or open crystals until they were eligible, as those who weren’t on a break would have known.
  • Options
    DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,568 ★★★★
    It’s not your job. Let it be and move on. You have your own game/life to think about first beforehand anything else.
  • Options
    RonSwansonRonSwanson Posts: 1,171 ★★★★
    If they were long time players they should have known better
  • Options
    JollyHawkJollyHawk Posts: 537 ★★★

FiiNCH said:

I still think this is okay.
  • Options
    RonSwansonRonSwanson Posts: 1,171 ★★★★

FiiNCH said:

Yes 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    GoingBackGoingBack Posts: 100 ★★
    edited December 2022
    To be fair, he just said that he is in a lot of chats, so many chats. But not the he reads a lot of chats. I agree that one is on the player base. I just use this forum and even I knew as I read the in-game messages.

I would understand if they were complaining about no gifting badge for Conqueror as that was in a message. But Kabam put out multiple messages about being in the alliance for 14 days before contributing well before the event started.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,040 ★★★★★
    edited December 2022
    I'm to the point where if players aren't reading the communications sent out, there is no sympathy for them. It's beyond ridiculous how many want their handheld every step of the way and want to blame everyone but themselves. It's even worse that it was a rule last year as well.
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

I'm to the point where if players aren't reading the communications sent out, there is no sympathy for them. It's beyond ridiculous how many want their handheld every step of the way and want to blame everyone but themselves.

Atleast OP is somewhat respectfull.I saw people full on showering abuses and treating their in ability to read as some sort of incompetency on kabams part
  • Options
    A little reading goes a really long way. Kabam was very open about their communications.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,040 ★★★★★

Players- "I didn't read any info on the event".
    Also players- "Why aren't my points counting?"
    Kabam- "Here's the info...again".
    Players- "I blame Kabam". "We needed more than multiple communications, forum posts and warning banners on the event timers to ensure we don't screw this up for ourselves." Stupid Kabam.
  • Options
    Crine60Crine60 Posts: 1,391 ★★★★
    This is absurd. Kabam provided the info you needed to know how this would work. It wasn't at all unclear. As far as I can recall this is how it has always worked, if there is a timer on something you can't earn points towards it until it ends and unlocks for you, you don't store your points before and suddenly have them count when the timer ends.

Did Kabam make crappy decisions in planning the timing of the various events to allow people to change alliances with enough time to not have a lockout while still getting delayed rewards from other modes, yes. That doesn't mean you aren't responsible for reading the communications and using a little critical thinking or even basic reading comprehension.

There is no reason Kabam should have to go through and make all these manual adjustments you are requesting just because people were impulsive or too lazy to read information on how something would work before spending money or units at the drop of the event. The people you are so concerned about need to take some personal responsibility for their foolish actions.