**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Something seems wrong in the World of MCOC

2»

Comments

• Options
    Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Posts: 766 ★★★
    OG has a point in that... its very easy now to get all the 6 stars in the basic, and then when the new featured comes out... with the 400K+ shards saved, get most if not all the new champs, and then have nothing exciting for another 90+ days. Further more... it isn't hard to have 100+ R3 champs... and I predict by summer-ish... to have every champion as a 6 star R3 won't take that much.

While it will be annoying to "reset"... 7 stars are needed to make opening champions exciting again.
  • Options
    ChiliDogChiliDog Posts: 883 ★★★
    When I becom a millionaire, I hope I still appreciate a $10 gift.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    I’m grateful for the opportunity to save my abyss crystal for iDoom. Nothing is guaranteed the abyss could miss and all the shards in the world don’t equal to a guaranteed champion. So more attempts the better
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,039 ★★★★★

Buttehrs said:

Most of you have understood the point of my post correctly, but some have not.

I thought that writing “great gift” several tlmes and pointing out that it “Feels a bit odd (and unfair) to write this,” made it clear how I see this xmas gift from Kabam. But let me be clear (again): It is a great gift. Probably the best gift we have ever gotten (I have played since December 2014).

I used the gift as an example of what has happened to the game economy lately with the introduction of BGs rewards, which make most other parts of this game seem not worth the effort. Someone has written this point more clearly than I did (Thanks).

When I finished Abyss a long time ago and got Corvus, I was soooo happy. It was a struggle, but it felt great. Several people I know dont see the point in doing Abyss now, and I understand them.

I know that I represent a minority of the MCOC players, but I think a debate forum is better if different perspectives are shared…

You contradict your own words though. You can't say it's a great gift in one sentence and then proclaim it's devalued due to whatever in the next. Either it's great or it's not. Either it's worth the time investment or it's not. And due to the type of game this is, if the gift is the same as it was a year ago it is by nature, less valuable than last year because the game has moved on to other things.
    Ofcourse I can say that. An abyss nexus is probably the best item in the game. Objectively speaking. You have to finish the hardest content in the game to get it. Or at least you used to. Most people gain big time from a abyss nexys. However, some of us dont.

But why do you adress HOW I write stuff, instead of adressing my POINT: That the economy of the game has changed recently, which is much more interesting for everyione to read than a comment on how I formulate myself (in a - for me - second language).
    So what should the gift have been for Paragon?
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,781 ★★★★★

Buttehrs said:

I thought that writing “great gift” several tlmes and pointing out that it “Feels a bit odd (and unfair) to write this,” made it clear how I see this xmas gift from Kabam. But let me be clear (again): It is a great gift. Probably the best gift we have ever gotten (I have played since December 2014).

I used the gift as an example of what has happened to the game economy lately with the introduction of BGs rewards, which make most other parts of this game seem not worth the effort. Someone has written this point more clearly than I did (Thanks).

When I finished Abyss a long time ago and got Corvus, I was soooo happy. It was a struggle, but it felt great. Several people I know dont see the point in doing Abyss now, and I understand them.

I know that I represent a minority of the MCOC players, but I think a debate forum is better if different perspectives are shared…

You contradict your own words though. You can't say it's a great gift in one sentence and then proclaim it's devalued due to whatever in the next. Either it's great or it's not. Either it's worth the time investment or it's not. And due to the type of game this is, if the gift is the same as it was a year ago it is by nature, less valuable than last year because the game has moved on to other things.
    Ofcourse I can say that. An abyss nexus is probably the best item in the game. Objectively speaking. You have to finish the hardest content in the game to get it. Or at least you used to. Most people gain big time from a abyss nexys. However, some of us dont.

But why do you adress HOW I write stuff, instead of adressing my POINT: That the economy of the game has changed recently, which is much more interesting for everyione to read than a comment on how I formulate myself (in a - for me - second language).
    Obviously enough 7* shards for a 7* that isn't available yet. But then they'll cry when the initial pool sucks more than a vacuum cleaner.
  • Options
    altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    Eh, different strokes for different folks.

If the Paragon gift was instead a R3->R4 class or generic, there would be people similar to you who would feel underwhelmed, as End Game Paragon have already R4'd all the champions they want to while Early Paragons might not have any other champions to R4.

Kabam can't please every type of Paragon player (unless they did a choose-your-own-adventure type store), and a Abyss Nexus is probably the most broadly appealing.
  • Options
    Denslo500Denslo500 Posts: 903 ★★★
    @Rudolph_Raindeer Do you think it is because our functional roster is so much bigger?
    Between max'd out 5*s and developing 6*s, we kinda have something for everything.

The other day, I got a 6* Rintrah.
    I should have been overjoyed.
    Instead I thought, "I already have a 6* Tigra ranked and she does neutralize".
  • Options
    altavista said:

Eh, different strokes for different folks.

If the Paragon gift was instead a R3->R4 class or generic, there would be people similar to you who would feel underwhelmed, as End Game Paragon have already R4'd all the champions they want to while Early Paragons might not have any other champions to R4.

Kabam can't please every type of Paragon player (unless they did a choose-your-own-adventure type store), and a Abyss Nexus is probably the most broadly appealing.

Even an R4 gem wouldn't be valuable since they probably do top AQ and R4's are easy to come by up there. It's clear that OP doesn't have a clue since they've been asked several times in this thread already.
  • Options
    Buttehrs said:

Buttehrs said:

Obviously enough 7* shards for a 7* that isn't available yet. But then they'll cry when the initial pool sucks more than a vacuum cleaner.
    Technically those shards hold mo value..yet. So if one of the most sought after prizes in the game isn't "shiny" enough for OP, then I really don't know what would be.
  • Options
    Wozzle007Wozzle007 Posts: 937 ★★★★★

Buttehrs said:

Nobody is saying the gift should be any different. It can be true that for OP at his stage in the game the gift isn’t exciting but at the same point, there isn’t a gift that is fair enough to replace it. When 7* are available to open the economy changes and excitement at opening new items will likely return. Hell opening a basic 7* will be exciting again for everyone (for a while).
  • Options
    Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    I understand.

I am in the same boat, I put my self in this boat.

My other buddies are loving the gifts though and looking forward to EOP and gauntlet runs. It also allows them to move up in a better alliance and compete and test their new rosters. It’s fantastic for the economy and more or less a stimulus package.

If/ when you step down or retire who will take your place? Probably that fresh new paragon that is super excited about the abyss nexus and probably didn't complete abyss.