**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

How does deep wounds work EXACTLY?

TruthseekerTruthseeker Posts: 333 ★★
edited December 2022 in Strategy and Tips
I am paragon on main so no need to explain basics.
My question is about the second part of deep wounds. About max hp % ticks.

SOOOO is it me who should have more hp than opponent or does the opponent need more health than me to meet the requirments.

And does it mean % health or actual number of hitpoints.
Tell me everything you can about that. Thank you in advance and happy holidays
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Options
    Also does it tick 1% of opponents BASE health? (I would guess so. Otherwise it would be overpowered).
    But i still have question :D
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,852 ★★★★★
    You need to have more HP numbers than your opponent. It doesn't go by %.

And the 1% additional direct damage does take off 1% of opponents max HP, this does affect the % of HP rather than the actual numbers
  • Options
    captaincushcaptaincush Posts: 632 ★★★
    you have to have more health (pretty sure actual numbers, not %) and i believe the 1% of their health is total health, not base health
  • Options
    TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,994 ★★★★★
    Take Claire Voyant into cavalier EQ. Get them under 10% hp while you’re near full.

Retreat and do a heavy. You’ll whiff. 3 bleeds will apply. You’ll see the 1% damage for each. It’s a fun way to end a fight if you’re screwing around. There’s no cooldown so you can do another and take another 3%.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    So the duration is all that increases like 99% of time? Is it still worth upgrading it?
  • Options

So the duration is all that increases like 99% of time? Is it still worth upgrading it?

Increasing the duration of bleeds also increases their damage, because the bleed continues to tick for the same amount of damage per tick, but now you deliver more ticks of damage. Each half second longer duration basically adds one more damage tick.

Because of the way it works Deep Wounds has a proportionately larger benefit for champs with short, strong bleeds over champs with weaker longer duration bleeds. If you have a bleed that lasts for five seconds it ticks ten times. Tier 1 Deep Wounds would add a tick, which is basically a 10% damage increase. But if you have ten second bleeds then that same boost would only be a 5% damage increase. Conversely, tier 1 DW would be a 10% damage increase for X-23s bleeds, but tier 5 DW would be a 50% damage increase on her bleeds.

Whether it’s worth it depends on which champs you use and how often, compared to the benefits of other masteries.
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

Increasing the duration of bleeds also increases their damage, because the bleed continues to tick for the same amount of damage per tick, but now you deliver more ticks of damage. Each half second longer duration basically adds one more damage tick.

Because of the way it works Deep Wounds has a proportionately larger benefit for champs with short, strong bleeds over champs with weaker longer duration bleeds. If you have a bleed that lasts for five seconds it ticks ten times. Tier 1 Deep Wounds would add a tick, which is basically a 10% damage increase. But if you have ten second bleeds then that same boost would only be a 5% damage increase. Conversely, tier 1 DW would be a 10% damage increase for X-23s bleeds, but tier 5 DW would be a 50% damage increase on her bleeds.

Whether it’s worth it depends on which champs you use and how often, compared to the benefits of other masteries.
    Was hoping on your answer on this one. Even though we disagree on some topics i always apreciate you insight.
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,545 ★★★★★

DNA3000 said:

Was hoping on your answer on this one. Even though we disagree on some topics i always appreciate your insight.
    DNA's answer is key to understanding that certain characters gain a lot more than others.

Punishers SP1 bleeds are 6s long. Each point in Deep Wounds adds 0.5s, increasing the base damage by 8.3%

Compare the benefits gained by Nick Fury on his fourth light attack: this is a short intense bleed usually lasting just 1s. So every point you add to Deep Wounds increases this damage by 50% of the base amount.

Now, look at how this transforms the damage caused by a 5* 5/65 champion with and without 5 points in Deep Wounds:
    Punisher SP1 (base) = 2646 damage
    Punisher SP1 (max Deep Wounds) = 3748 damage
    Nick MLLLL (base) = 1035 damage
    Nick MLLLL (max Deep Wounds) = 3623 damage

Note: Deep Wounds does not apply to instant bleeds like Nightcrawler's.

Apart from Nick, champions who gain a lot from Deep Wounds:
    Killmonger
    Blade
    Moon Knight
    Carnage

For most other champs, who may have bleeds lasting 4 seconds or longer, their gains will be a lot smaller; and (to take the longest example) you'll barely notice the difference with Gorr's 18-second debuffs.