How good is a 6-Star Morningstar unawakened?

Fl_FlamesFl_Flames Member Posts: 14
edited December 2022 in Strategy and Tips
I've been playing this game for 6-8 years now, and today I got my first 6 star, It was a Morningstar. So how good is she unawakened?
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• GogiGogi Member Posts: 473 ★★★
    Which one is it? playing 6-8 years is a big gap.. and how can that be your first 6* after playing for so many years?
  • SkunkcabbageSkunkcabbage Member Posts: 211 ★★
    Gogi said:

Which one is it? playing 6-8 years is a big gap.. and how can that be your first 6* after playing for so many years?

You took the time to respond to him purely to question whether he's lying to us?
    How about using that negative energy to help him? He could play super casually like once a week doing heroic monthly EQ, he could play 1 hour a month.. what does it matter?
  • SkunkcabbageSkunkcabbage Member Posts: 211 ★★
    Fl_Flames said:

I've been playing this game for 6-8 years now, and today I got my first 6 star, It was a Morningstar. So how good is she unawakened?

She is a ramp up champ, you need to finish a fight with an sp3, or use an sp3 during the fight and keep damaging them to reach 100 and claim their soul. If you run recoils then you'll want to finish the fight with an sp3 because the poison damage makes it almost impossible to reach 100 and claim their soul. You can use the NF+DP to remove the poison which is great for sustainability for her and practicality.

The awakened ability starts you off at 1 soul (2 if you have the Guillotine synergy - so during the first fight you could technically reach 3 souls in that scenario).

At 4 souls and gains perfect block which is great for making her tanky. At 5 souls she gets regen which is a chance to heal based on damage dealt so kinda RNG

At 5 souls she is amazing, the sp1 does a ton of damage when it crits at that point, her power gain on the heavy becomes very nice too. I usually use my R3 awakened MS in Incursions as that's where she shines. The awakened ability also works great against opponents who have a power gain, Fury, or regen because she copies a version of the buff for herself and nerfs the strength of theirs.

IMO the awakening is very important and she is a lot of effort, which isn't worth the ramp up in content, apart from Incursions.
    The only reason I use her for regular content is against very buff heavy opponents because her sp2 removes their buffs and does a disgusting amount of damage - usually 1 sp2 and they are KO if there's like 5+ buffs in my experience.
  • LordSmasherLordSmasher Member Posts: 1,524 ★★★★★
    She's not great. She won't solve a problem a 5 star stronger champ can't solve.
  • psp742psp742 Member Posts: 2,536 ★★★★
    Morningstar needs ramp up sp3 to capture souls.. upto 5 souls and she starts to be good.. its better if she is awaken.. to keep persistent charges.
  • AMS94AMS94 Member Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    edited December 2022
    Leave her at R1
    At ur level it's better to focus on amazing 5* champs instead of running after mediocre 6* ones