**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Act six looks HARD. I don't know if I'm ready

LemonloafLemonloaf Posts: 117
edited December 2022 in Strategy and Tips
So I just completed act 5 and I was expecting act six to have like 100k health pools but no they all have at least 170k health here is my current roster

I got a whole bunch of six stars from gifting event but idk if I have the skills to get cav what do you think?
Post edited by Kabam Valkyrie on

Comments

• LemonloafLemonloaf Posts: 117

Lemonloaf said:

So I just completed act 5 and I was expecting act six to have like 100k health pools but no they all have at least 170k health here is my current roster

I got a whole bunch of six stars from gifting event but idk if I have the skills to get cav what do you think?

Your roster can carry you if you take the time to learn. Just because you might nor have the skills right now, doesn't mean you can't learn. Most of us started out bad at the game and got better. Dedication and patience, paired with your roster will see you through.

Best of luck!
    Thanks for the encouragement I will test out the first quest tomorrow

Best kept secret in MCOC is the game doesn’t actually get harder. The nodes gets more ridiculous and the health pools go up. Requiring you to play well for longer. And requiring more revives to get the boss down. But eventually your attack goes up by ranking champs. And as your roster widens out you’ll have more of those niche counters. Which will save you revives in the long run.

If I was you I would focus on ranking your act 6 xbones and sentinel counters. Because those are gonna be your road blocks.

I have a Omega red duped heard he's good for crossbones. I also think Medusa would be a good sentinel counter yes?
  • Mobile_P0tat0Mobile_P0tat0 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    Lemonloaf said:

Best kept secret in MCOC is the game doesn’t actually get harder. The nodes gets more ridiculous and the health pools go up. Requiring you to play well for longer. And requiring more revives to get the boss down. But eventually your attack goes up by ranking champs. And as your roster widens out you’ll have more of those niche counters. Which will save you revives in the long run.

If I was you I would focus on ranking your act 6 xbones and sentinel counters. Because those are gonna be your road blocks.

I have a Omega red duped heard he's good for crossbones. I also think Medusa would be a good sentinel counter yes?
    OR isn't as good for crossbones as he used to be since biohazard was replaced with a poison node. He might be able to do the fight still but if yours is still low sig I would recommend hulkling instead.

The sentinel in 6.1.2(I think) has biohazard so getting an armor shatter up with Medusa will be tricky, but you do have a nebula/ Ghost that can do it if you invest in them.

Lemonloaf said:

OR isn't as good for crossbones as he used to be since biohazard was replaced with a poison node. He might be able to do the fight still but if yours is still low sig I would recommend hulkling instead.

The sentinel in 6.1.2(I think) has biohazard so getting an armor shatter up with Medusa will be tricky, but you do have a nebula/ Ghost that can do it if you invest in them.
    Well thankfully I have both ghost and nebula although I find ghost really hard to use without synergies
  • LlessurLlessur Posts: 488 ★★★
    Lemonloaf said:

Lemonloaf said:

Well thankfully I have both ghost and nebula although I find ghost really hard to use without synergies
    Two tips for using ghost without the synergies

1) only throw sp3 because it makes her crit buffs per me any and that means you just hit harder and avoid the sp2 which can be tricky

2) play her normal until you to sp2 then parry then dash back special cancel

PS Ghost probably won’t hit super hard unless you have at least some part of the suicide mastery but that’s just me I run just liquid courage
    Llessur said:

Lemonloaf said:

Lemonloaf said:

Two tips for using ghost without the synergies

1) only throw sp3 because it makes her crit buffs per me any and that means you just hit harder and avoid the sp2 which can be tricky

2) play her normal until you to sp2 then parry then dash back special cancel

PS Ghost probably won’t hit super hard unless you have at least some part of the suicide mastery but that’s just me I run just liquid courage
    Thanks for the tips I don't have any kind of suicide masteries
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Lemonloaf said:

Lemonloaf said:

Your roster can carry you if you take the time to learn. Just because you might nor have the skills right now, doesn't mean you can't learn. Most of us started out bad at the game and got better. Dedication and patience, paired with your roster will see you through.

Best of luck!
    Thanks for the encouragement I will test out the first quest tomorrow
    There are a lot of good YouTube guides for act 6 paths. Check out MCOC NOOB.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,736 ★★★★★
  • PapaMidnite007PapaMidnite007 Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    edited December 2022
    You need to do some rank ups and max out some good 5 stars and take 6 stars to higher as well. Act 6 is no joke you will have to deal with crossbones in 6.1.. sinister and mordo in 6.2... champion boss got toned down so you wont have too much trouble fortunately once you get past 6.2 it'll be a breeze except there is an annoying Cap Iw boss in 6.3 with surging vengeance plus destructive feedback so he might give you some trouble. And last but not the least Grandmaster it'll put your skill to the test since Grandmaster is a purely skill based fight also an important tip: when fighting him take a reverse control immune champ along your heavy hitters.
  • If Act 6 is too much a difficulty step up for you right now, honestly, that’s ok! There’s lots of content you can do to prepare your roster for taking on the next Act. You can explore Act 5, work on monthly quests, rank up more champions etc.

Give the next quest a try, but don’t get too discouraged (No Retreat in 6.1.1 is an annoying node)
  • Sunstar19Sunstar19 Posts: 90
    Give it a try and see how far you can go without revives. In general, you should not go into the path without reading nodes from Act 6 onwards. I remembered there are a few difficult fights and need specific counters. 6.1.1 Medusa, 6.2.5 Mordo, and 6.2.6 Champion,
  • Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,309 ★★★★★
    Bro just rank up a few of your champs
    Ht
    Ghost
    Ibom
    Sunspot
    Falcon
    All of them are great even unduped, but if possible try duping ghost from dual class crystals or gem
  • Iron_J3Iron_J3 Posts: 269
    edited December 2022
    Lemonloaf said:

I also just want to let all the people who got cav with a lot worse rosters, that I know it was harder back then but please try to refrain from saying things like " you're a **** player if you can't get cav with that roster". Thank you

I agree. It’s really not a cool thing when others say - “I’d be uncollected, Cav, etc by now with your roster”. Well, congrats to those people. Just take your time, practice, do monthly events, arenas, AQ, AW, Incursions, etc. We progress differently with wide range of skills. I’m almost uncollected and it’s really the Nodes that make game harder (annoying?). I haven’t played for super long, and progressed fairly fast through Acts 1-3. I fully explored all those. Then, got burnt out from questing so I did more Alliance, arenas, Monthly, etc. It almost became where I was playing to only just “collect champs and widen my roster”. Sounds odd, I know. But, it’s a game. It’s supposed to be fun. My 4* roster is very good, but when started pulling 5*, I got meme champ after meme champ. Heck, my current streak with 5* still is not half as good as 4*. I’ve been very frustrated lately with majority of pulls. I’ve thrown some money at the game too. It’s frustrating when do that, and the 6* Nexus Crystal bought, is Iron Fist, Champion and Kamala. Some might like them. I don’t like them and those champs don’t help my roster so-to-speak. Anyways, sorry for slight rant 😉!

Again though - practice, learn all the nodes, counters to nodes, widen roster - and play at own pace. Also, rank up some good champs like SunS, HT, Venom, Neb, Ice, Sym Sup, Hulking, maybe Odin or Gamora. Perhaps if dupe Knull, he’d be helpful. Maybe even champs that aren’t that good, or aren’t in the top 3 tiers can still help. Example of mine would be Ronin and BW DO. I love using him and his play style. Some say I’m idiot if he is one of my top champs. Your roster is good. Fury, Stealthy, Starky, Venom (the man I’ll never get as any star), HT, SunS, Medusa, Odin, Sym Sup, Gamora (she still hits like truck), and Nebula since her buff, Hulkling, Knull - are solid champs. I might have left out a few. Where I’m at profession wise, is lacking power control and regen champs. They can help a lot and you’ve got few solid ones. Keep at it and remember - it’s a game and supposed to be fun. Here’s a link below I found online that is pretty useful. Good luck!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15LULXhv9wJwFxU_H2sDusn9Ln0mbIn3h7wypwviWBN8/htmlview#

• willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,143 ★★★★★
    Iron_J3 said:

Lemonloaf said:

. Here’s a link below I found online that is pretty useful. Good luck!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15LULXhv9wJwFxU_H2sDusn9Ln0mbIn3h7wypwviWBN8/htmlview#

I'm Paragon and I've always wanted something like this. Thanks.
  • Iron_J3Iron_J3 Posts: 269
    edited December 2022

Iron_J3 said:

Lemonloaf said:

. Here’s a link below I found online that is pretty useful. Good luck!

I'm Paragon and I've always wanted something like this. Thanks.
    All good. I found it other day googling because Caltrops and Safeguard were really annoying me. I mean, it be kinda nice if Kabam let us players activate our own Nodes so-to-speak from time to time. Not all the time, but here and there to help counter better what fight against. Simply because we all have massive wide range of skills playing.

• Luke9523Luke9523 Posts: 906 ★★★
    edited December 2022
    You don't know you have the skills until you just give it a go.
    I thought I wasn't good enough to do act 6 either, as I'm only an averagely skilled player at best. But I'm slowly making my way through and making a dent in it, bit by little bit. So, just give it a go and try your best. I'm sure you'll be able to make progress, even if it's slow progress. And it will help you improve your gameplay. 😁👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
    Well I tried 6.1.1 and it was pretty hard for me I could only get through like 3 opponents before all of my guys were k.o. my biggest problem is the stupid node it makes it very hard to bait special's. Although I did get a 6* havok leveled him up all the way he deals some pretty good damage like 60k sp3's.