**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Getting Rid of the Armor Up Buff?

2»

Comments

• Options
    L0TUS_MANTISL0TUS_MANTIS Posts: 221 ★★
    I was using Mephisto against Hercules and he gained the armor buff when soul imprisonment was active as well. Not sure if im missing something in Hercs abilities but Im not bothered to read the description right now
  • Options
    KlippKlipp Posts: 197 ★★

I was using Mephisto against Hercules and he gained the armor buff when soul imprisonment was active as well. Not sure if im missing something in Hercs abilities but Im not bothered to read the description right now

Supposedly included in the neutralize bug that kabam acknowledged
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,745 ★★★★★
    Klipp said:

Supposedly included in the neutralize bug that kabam acknowledged
    Excellent. Also: I wonder if soul imprison is encoded in game similarly to Neutralize?

Dr. Zola
  • Options

DrZola said:

Is there any doubt at this stage that it’s (generally) a coding issue? Trying to separate out the several types of interactions here and I’m not sure they are all the same. In VT at least, there shouldn’t be any other nodes affecting the interaction.

Dr. Zola

Somewhere in the hundreds of active threads about battlegrounds there was a comment from Jax that the dev team is aware and it should be fixed for the next build. I feel so naked without my tigra. Just glad nobody has used sersi or galan as defenders on me.

Yep—both Tigra and Rintrah have died ingloriously quick for me. Not fun.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    Ansh_AAnsh_A Posts: 540 ★★★
    Tigra and Rintrah not working for.me either.

For some reason Rintrah worked very well against Knull and Corvus. Failed against Apoc and Nick Fury. Is Rintrah working only against cosmics or did i get lucky?
  • Options
    Ansh_A said:

Tigra and Rintrah not working for.me either.

For some reason Rintrah worked very well against Knull and Corvus. Failed against Apoc and Nick Fury. Is Rintrah working only against cosmics or did i get lucky?

Lucky maybe?

Honestly, the effectiveness of champs that nullify, stagger, neutralize or otherwise limit buffs seems very unreliable in VT right now. If the team is even able to fix it, that supposedly will be whenever the new content for January drops.

This disappoints because many players studied the released BG nodes carefully and discussed potential counters and defenders in preparation for the season. That affected rankup decisions—in some cases, for champs specifically for this mode who might not otherwise be useful in others.

A perfect example for my roster would be Mephisto—MD makes his ability to keep soul imprison up indefinitely pretty simple, but soul imprison isn’t working reliably. There are other mystics and other class champs I would have ranked if I had known his abilities wouldn’t work correctly in this BG meta.

BG coding makes this a frustrating waste of time and resources.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    OdachiOdachi Posts: 1,093 ★★★★
    With mephisto they gain the chitin charges as they aren't buffs, annoyingly it just sits at 10 and doesn't try to create an armour up buff, so as soon as the soul imprisonment ends it can then create the buff, this includes if you use your sp1 as the attack that creates the buff. He was off my team after that