Obviously not a bug in BG

ZolobacsiZolobacsi Member Posts: 123 ★★
edited January 2023 in Bugs and Known Issues
Since my previous discussion was closed I couldn't react, out of curiosity, other than submitting a 100 tickets to support, what else is going to happen. Because I keep reporting them, I keep getting the same response and I still keep losing the same way. Disconnect, disconnect, disconnect. I'm not writing here, because I don't know how to report "suspicious activity", I'm writing here to ask what is being done about it and to get an answer.

Comments

• SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,242 Guardian
    Has nothing to do with your opponent (except maybe the particular champs you opponent might have picked, which may be more prone to heavier processor requirement on a device).

But it's not sandbagging just because someone gets matched against someone stronger.

And it's not hacking of your device by your opponent if your device has an unfortunate “connection” issue.

It's the game, the processing requirements of BattleGrounds compared to lower content, the “live” (as far as both players having stricter timing requirements) aspect of playing against someone else as opposed to just your own lagging in other content only affecting you where you have plenty of time to recover or stay lagged until things clear up. Etc.

Disconnects are nothing to “report” someone for suspicious activity for.
  • ZolobacsiZolobacsi Member Posts: 123 ★★

Has nothing to do with your opponent (except maybe the particular champs you opponent might have picked, which may be more prone to heavier processor requirement on a device).

But it's not sandbagging just because someone gets matched against someone stronger.

And it's not hacking of your device by your opponent if your device has an unfortunate “connection” issue.

It's the game, the processing requirements of BattleGrounds compared to lower content, the “live” (as far as both players having stricter timing requirements) aspect of playing against someone else as opposed to just your own lagging in other content only affecting you where you have plenty of time to recover or stay lagged until things clear up. Etc.

Disconnects are nothing to “report” someone for suspicious activity for.

Who was talking about sandbagging? I'm talking about cheating. There is no lagging. There is no connection problem. It only happens when I have the upper hand, clearly the opponents doing.

• SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,242 Guardian
    Zolobacsi said:

Who was talking about sandbagging? I'm talking about cheating. There is no lagging. There is no connection problem. It only happens when I have the upper hand, clearly the opponents doing.

There are other posts out here asking how they can similarly report sandbagging/cheating because they (with only a few 6* r3) are getting matched against someone with 20+ r3’s and r4’s.
    That's not the fault of the other person.

Same with your post, you are getting a loss because of some connection issue, whereby your device is not able to maintain a constant “pinging” of “still here” type of responses between your device and the game servers throughout a processor-intensive fight.
    Has nothing to do with your opponent. (Unless your opponent is somehow hacking into your internet, or launching a “Denial of Service” attack against you or Kabam servers at the time of your match).

If you get a Forfeited, means that something went wrong between your device and Kabam servers. The opponent is separately conducting their fight on their own device, communicating between themself and game servers. Their device is not directly communicating with your device.

Zolobacsi said:

There are other posts out here asking how they can similarly report sandbagging/cheating because they (with only a few 6* r3) are getting matched against someone with 20+ r3’s and r4’s.

Same with your post, you are getting a loss because of some connection issue, whereby your device is not able to maintain a constant “pinging” of “still here” type of responses between your device and the game servers throughout a processor-intensive fight.
    Has nothing to do with your opponent. (Unless your opponent is somehow hacking into your internet, or launching a “Denial of Service” attack against you or Kabam servers at the time of your match).

If you get a Forfeited, means that something went wrong between your device and Kabam servers. The opponent is separately conducting their fight on their own device, communicating between themself and game servers. Their device is not directly communicating with your device.
    Just to prevent any further arguments on connection issues I did test it. I tried forced close and I tried disconnecting the network too. Guess what happened, the fight registered. Explain that. I heard this "it's your device" "it's your connection" excuse so many times, it's old.
  • valgeradvalgerad Member Posts: 20
    Game will auto forfeit if one pause until game time out
    valgerad said:

Game will auto forfeit if one pause until game time out

I don't think it does although I haven't tried yet but if that's the case, why is it me who lose?
  • JollyHawkJollyHawk Member Posts: 604 ★★★
    Zolobacsi said:

Zolobacsi said:

Just to prevent any further arguments on connection issues I did test it. I tried forced close and I tried disconnecting the network too. Guess what happened, the fight registered. Explain that. I heard this "it's your device" "it's your connection" excuse so many times, it's old.
    You hear it so many times because it's true.