**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Ragnarok unfair?

Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
I’m sorry but a Sp3 that pins you to a wall, stuns you, and every blocked hit after has a chance to stun AND give you massive shock damage which there’s no immunity for…

Yup all skill…it’s like Yondu except you can’t just bait a heavy and intercepting isn’t a great option. Even parrying him isn’t an option. You’re only option is to pray you have power drain/lock or manage to wiggle out of the wall-pin and get REALLY lucky with Rhino

(He’s a scary defender I’ll say that)

Comments

• Options
    SirnoobSirnoob Posts: 952 ★★★
    wait weren't u the same guy saying how he will be bad?
  • Options
    DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    Wow...he was easy. Drax owned him. Any power control champ would too.
  • Options
    DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,875 ★★★★★
    eXtripa69 wrote: »
    Just don't push him to a sp3 ...

For once I have to agree, just don't let him get a sniff of his level 3. And plan on when your gonna get your 20th hit due to the power gain
  • Options
    Crine60Crine60 Posts: 1,391 ★★★★
    Shouldn't his power gain end as soon as your special hits him/starts though. It doesn't seem to make sense to have it last varying lengths of time based on different durations of special animations.
  • Options
    dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
    edited November 2017
    Yeah, I thought he was stupidly overpowered if every 20hits was a guaranteed SP3 and then you get nuked with shock damage.

Then I read the part about it cancels if he is knocked down from a special. That just means make sure you have something on hand ready to go, then when you push him to 20, use your special.

Also, 'knocked down' means the END of a special, so for multi-hit special champs, keep in mind, the longer the special takes, the longer he builds power before it is interrupted.

Knowing this, I finished Master Thor without ever getting hit.

(I used Wolverine. A power lock champ would make it even easier.)
  • Options
    danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★
    really? this montly quest is the easist by far

It's cause of posts like this that the master mode has been nerfed into the ground
  • Options
    klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,428 ★★★★
    danielmath wrote: »

It's cause of posts like this that the master mode has been nerfed into the ground

It's cause of posts reacting to posts like this that cause good, hard-working folks to pull spider- gwen and Kamala Khan from featured 5 star crystals and Nebula's sp3 to fritz out.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★

It's cause of posts reacting to posts like this that cause good, hard-working folks to pull spider- gwen and Kamala Khan from featured 5 star crystals and Nebula's sp3 to fritz out.

The RNG has nothing to do with Posts. Not every Champ pulled will be a Sparky. That's what makes it a random outcome. As for bugs, I highly doubt they're the result of comments on the Forum.
  • Options
    BinawayawhileBinawayawhile Posts: 287
    edited November 2017
    Is the Valor Quest Expert and also the Monthly Quest Master I used a Rank 4/40 4* Storm on one of my Junior accounts, easy to bait his sp1 and sp2, for whatever reason, he likes to use them. by the time you get him to 19 hit combo streak, storm is almost ready for her sp2, 2 hit, start the power gain then sp2, repeat or use sp1, very easy. I'm sure he can be cleared with any power control char. He isn't as hard as you think, a bit of practice and patience and you will get him.
  • Options

How do i cause crappy 5 star pulls from the feature crystal? The endless **** is without question the reason stuff like master mode has been nerfed into the ground though
  • Options
    Everyone know his power gain can be removed by triggering ur so but it is only removed by the end of sp. What not everyone know is u don't need to trigger sp after 20 hits, if ur champs sp does 3 hit to complete then trigger the sp when hit count is 18. 2nd hit of sp will trigger power gain and the next will remove it.
  • Options
    Damn I didn’t even know a special canceled his power gain… then again each new champ is a walking DICTIONARY of abilities lately so it’s a miracle anyone is able to remember all thos
  • Options
    Mr_Otter wrote: »
    Damn I didn’t even know a special canceled his power gain… then again each new champ is a walking DICTIONARY of abilities lately so it’s a miracle anyone is able to remember all thos

You don't have to have it all figured out as soon as they're released, you know. ;)
  • Options

You don't have to have it all figured out as soon as they're released, you know. ;)

I also rarely think of champs as “defensive” thanks to the new war… also been kinda phasing out lately so Masters Ragnarok was a special curse word I’ll tell you
  • Options
    edited November 2017

I also rarely think of champs as “defensive” thanks to the new war… also been kinda phasing out lately so Masters Ragnarok was a special curse word I’ll tell you

Interestingly, I found Hela more annoying. Her speed is faster for some reason. Plus that Indestructible and the incredible lag I have when doing Master, took a couple tries. Couldn't Evade fast enough.
  • Options
    Yeah Hela it might be better to block sometimes but AAR champs at high difficulties with assassin make her somewhat easy
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    It's the lag. Very few things get me going, but this is one. Every month I trudge through Master and the speeds are totally different. Controls go down to frames, and AI is amped up. Can't Block or Evade properly. I'm really hoping they figure it out because most times I just walk away from it. I'm fine with difficulty. With more challenging content, you need controls that work because a missed hit is fatal.
  • Options
    It's the lag. Very few things get me going, but this is one. Every month I trudge through Master and the speeds are totally different. Controls go down to frames, and AI is amped up. Can't Block or Evade properly. I'm really hoping they figure it out because most times I just walk away from it. I'm fine with difficulty. With more challenging content, you need controls that work because a missed hit is fatal.

What device are you on? You've mentioned lag a few times, android?
  • Options

Yes. It's connected to the AI somehow. The stronger the AI, the more lag is present. Arena is laggy but not as bad as Master, or Act 5, for example. Things freeze up almost completely. Normal content is not bad at all. The higher the AI, the more it lags. Specifically when the AI is attacking. It's almost as if it's overly-aggressive and the two mechanics aren't synced up. I suspect it's either an issue with the sending and receiving data, or the integration of our controls versus the AI. Mind you, I'm not a conspiracy theorist. I don't think it's the result of covert changes or anything. It's just that the two aren't aligning. Sort of like it can't handle our controls at the same time as the AI.
  • Options

Yes. It's connected to the AI somehow. The stronger the AI, the more lag is present. Arena is laggy but not as bad as Master, or Act 5, for example. Things freeze up almost completely. Normal content is not bad at all. The higher the AI, the more it lags. Specifically when the AI is attacking. It's almost as if it's overly-aggressive and the two mechanics aren't synced up. I suspect it's either an issue with the sending and receiving data, or the integration of our controls versus the AI. Mind you, I'm not a conspiracy theorist. I don't think it's the result of covert changes or anything. It's just that the two aren't aligning. Sort of like it can't handle our controls at the same time as the AI.

You can't say it's connected to the AI because then everyone would be experiencing it, unless you think they're specifically changing the AI for you and not other people.
  • Options

You can't say it's connected to the AI because then everyone would be experiencing it, unless you think they're specifically changing the AI for you and not other people.

I never said they were changing anything. I just said I'm not a conspiracy theorist. I said the harder the content, the more it's present. Could be anything. Could be the Build, could be the server, could be the device, could be the Internet, I have yet to figure it out. All I know is it's present every month and it's enough to make me walk away from it. I'm not exaggerating. Legit, frames per second. Can't respond as fast as the AI.
  • Options

I never said they were changing anything. I just said I'm not a conspiracy theorist. I said the harder the content, the more it's present. Could be anything. Could be the Build, could be the server, could be the device, could be the Internet, I have yet to figure it out. All I know is it's present every month and it's enough to make me walk away from it. I'm not exaggerating. Legit, frames per second. Can't respond as fast as the AI.

Ya it's your device (or maybe internet connection), otherwise it would affect everyone
  • Options

Ya it's your device (or maybe internet connection), otherwise it would affect everyone

It affects more than myself. Lag is present for many people. Much the same situation. AQ, AW, anywhere that the opponent is amped up.
  • Options
    I have a feeling it may have to do with the Android Build and certain devices, but others with newer devices and even Apple report similar issues so I'm at a loss.