**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

KABAM - Why Can’t I….

BENJI830BENJI830 Posts: 374 ★★
edited January 2023 in Suggestions and Requests
…or, any player, sell these T2 Alpha? I’m Paragon. This should be a common sense update made looong ago when 6* R4 became reality. What am I missing!?

Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,214 ★★★★★
    I'll exchange with you 2 t1a for 1 t2a.
    Done deal.🤝
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

BENJI830 said:

OR, cannot sell T4 Class Cats? Any good reason for that barrier to exist as well?

The barriers to selling high value items was added to the game long ago, explicitly because for some weird reason a very high percentage of MCOC players are either consistently drunk, babysitting infants, encouraging playful dogs, or flushing their phones down the toilet and constantly in need of having customer support reverse the sale of items they pinky swear they didn't mean to sell and took so long to acquire that it would set their family back for generations if they support didn't get them back for them.

Seriously: I ludicrously high percentage of support tickets were said to be from players begging to have high value item sales reversed. So to eliminate those tickets, they eliminated the ability to sell high value items.
    Valid point.
    But it’s also outdated either.
    T4cc aren’t top tier items since few years now.
    At this point even t2a and t5bc aren’t, since there are t3a and t6bc atm.
    It’s high time Kabam address that.
    Selling T4cc for 1/200 of t5cc wouldn’t hurt really anyone.
    There are already T6cc in the game economy, not being able to sell a two tiers lower item, doesn’t make any sense at this point.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian
    Greekhit said:

DNA3000 said:

BENJI830 said:

OR, cannot sell T4 Class Cats? Any good reason for that barrier to exist as well?

The barriers to selling high value items was added to the game long ago, explicitly because for some weird reason a very high percentage of MCOC players are either consistently drunk, babysitting infants, encouraging playful dogs, or flushing their phones down the toilet and constantly in need of having customer support reverse the sale of items they pinky swear they didn't mean to sell and took so long to acquire that it would set their family back for generations if they support didn't get them back for them.

Seriously: I ludicrously high percentage of support tickets were said to be from players begging to have high value item sales reversed. So to eliminate those tickets, they eliminated the ability to sell high value items.
    Valid point.
    There are already T6cc in the game economy, not being able to sell a two tiers lower item, doesn’t make any sense at this point.
    That thought process fails to account for the fact that while T4CC are common for top players, they are still high value items to lower tier players. Items don't become obsolete in that sense. In fact, it is probably more likely that newer players who still face those bottlenecks are more likely to open support tickets because of a mistake.

Trying to figure out which items are less dangerous to sell for which tiers of players and implementing progressional lock outs that account for all of this is probably seen as not worth the effort, especially when the original intent was to eliminate all that effort.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian
    Buttehrs said:

DNA3000 said:

Greekhit said:

DNA3000 said:

BENJI830 said:

Valid point.
    That thought process fails to account for the fact that while T4CC are common for top players, they are still high value items to lower tier players. Items don't become obsolete in that sense. In fact, it is probably more likely that newer players who still face those bottlenecks are more likely to open support tickets because of a mistake.

Trying to figure out which items are less dangerous to sell for which tiers of players and implementing progressional lock outs that account for all of this is probably seen as not worth the effort, especially when the original intent was to eliminate all that effort.
    Simple solution, allow players of certain progession to be able to sell catalyst of higher rarities.

DNA3000 said:

• SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    rank up a couple six stars
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Do a rank up every level up. It’s what I do now. Sometimes two if I’m feeling extra. Seriously there’s loads of champs that are amazing that you can try out, not just the top of the meta all the time.
  • Wozzle007Wozzle007 Posts: 936 ★★★★★
    If you have that many catalysts in your overflow you must have some 6R1 or R2 you can take up. Make them a future battle ground investment. We all know the limitations around our resources. Not sure this post is doing enough to justify why those limitations should be changed.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,632 Guardian
    edited January 2023
    It may no longer be that the point is to not allow SELLING of “High Value” items (or champs, when selling champs was still a thing), in case by accident.

But rather to not be allowed to ACQUIRE even “Higher Value” items (or even fractions, shards, etc) of such Higher Value items.
    You could say that it only gives you a tiny bit of that High Value item each time. But when people have THOUSANDS UPON THOUSANDS of such items (like in case of T4CC's) that they want to sell, it could indeed add up big time for the resulting Higher Value items.

Acquiring those lower items is easy to acquire a ton of them (think of how many people would already have numerous 7* champs by now from their 6* Dup shards). That they don’t want the game flooded with so many more T6Basic or T3Alpha cats or T5CC, well above what they are dishing out in their desired “throttling” of being able to rankup how many, how often.
  • Ghost_FanGhost_Fan Posts: 273 ★★★

BENJI830 said:

…or, any player, sell these T2 Alpha? I’m Paragon. This should be a common sense update made looong ago when 6* R4 became reality. What am I missing!?

You aren't going to rank anymore 6* from 1-3?
    Gold problems do exist exist
  • RobbieRampageRobbieRampage Posts: 144 ★★
    I don’t get why in general they don’t just auto sell your items if they expire. Would solve the entire issue, no mistaken items sold just straight up no need to sell anything.
  • Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,310 ★★★★★
    I am lacking gold, idk, and energy to do content and rank champs up. I already have like 20 t2 alpha cats in the overflow stash, i don't want my hardwork to get flushed into the drain so easily