**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Cav EQ is no fun now?

KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,741 ★★★★★
I feel like the removal of the "fun nodes" was a bad move. Class ascendancy is nice but not nearly as fun. I used ti enjoy bringing weak champs to Cav EQ and have fun with the interaction with the "fun nodes".

Now that these nodes are a TB exclusivity, I have lost this aspect of the game. TB isn't too hard to complete, but using R1 6*s or even R3 5*s is no longer possible given the healthpools and attack ratings.

That's why I think it'd be a good idea to bring these nodes back to Cav EQ. It wouldn't make the quest too hard imo and it wouldn't be just a boring class restriction anymore. Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    Sachhyam257Sachhyam257 Posts: 976 ★★★★
    I haven't played eq this month, so I didn't even realise they changed it. This seems like a step in the wrong direction. I used to love bringing in my agent venom trio for the skill quest and watch everything melt in seconds. Now I gotta watch everything still melt, but slower. Not a big fan of this change icl.

In all seriousness, as a cav player this just makes the quest longer and forces me to use the best champs instead of a variety of champs that 'fun' nodes allowed. Together with the beefed up uc eq, they just made it more cumbersome. I agree with op here, hope they revert it back to the way it was in the next iteration.

I will admit that there were a few cav 'fun' nodes that I didn't enjoy, but it was mostly enjoyable. This month just looks kinda boring...
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    You want to make it more challenging after they just aligned it?.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,671 Guardian
    Kerneas said:

I feel like the removal of the "fun nodes" was a bad move. Class ascendancy is nice but not nearly as fun. I used ti enjoy bringing weak champs to Cav EQ and have fun with the interaction with the "fun nodes".

Now that these nodes are a TB exclusivity, I have lost this aspect of the game. TB isn't too hard to complete, but using R1 6*s or even R3 5*s is no longer possible given the healthpools and attack ratings.

That's why I think it'd be a good idea to bring these nodes back to Cav EQ. It wouldn't make the quest too hard imo and it wouldn't be just a boring class restriction anymore. Thoughts?

That's how I would have done it. I would have taken Cav and dialed it down a bit, then scaled TB up from there. Instead they redid everything and in the process decided to elevate the Cav nodes to TB. While that's the way I would have done it, I'm not sure that ship hasn't already sailed. It isn't easy to just go back because then there are issues with the tweaked version of Cav not fitting into the EQ progression long term.
  • Options
    mbracembrace Posts: 829 ★★★
    What!? Cav EQ is the most fun by far. Now you can just bring whatever team you want and don’t have to worry about essential node advantages. It’s the best way to test out your champs. TB EQ is basically the old Cav, except 2-3 times as hard, at least time-wise.
  • Options
    CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    The description is so simple its refreshing...
    1 class good.. 1 class bad...