**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Next 6* featured pool's basic champs

ChovnerChovner Posts: 1,140 ★★★★★
edited January 2023 in Suggestions and Requests
So we already know who the featured champs will be in the next 6* featured crystal.... how great would it be if Kabam also released the list of who the other 17 champs from the basic pool will be?
Would help people make some smart choices on which 6* Nexus selectors they chose from finishing EOP for example, if they know a specific champ they're chasing is going to be in the pool of champs from the next featured.
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• Options
    ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    Don't think they ever released that in advance before so don't foresee them changing that (as much as I'd love to know as well).
  • Options
    YEARS ago they used to announce in advance.

Then, it was specifically changed to NOT do that, for the expressed purpose of not wanting some hoarding and then getting to decide on 2 different sets of Features (buy the current one now, vs I know what all is in next one and so I’ll hold off buying until that one).

So NO, they no longer announce this in advance, and they are NOT gonna.

You get to know who the New Featured champs will be, but not the entire crystal.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian

YEARS ago they used to announce in advance.

Then, it was specifically changed to NOT do that, for the expressed purpose of not wanting some hoarding and then getting to decide on 2 different sets of Features (buy the current one now, vs I know what all is in next one and so I’ll hold off buying until that one).

So NO, they no longer announce this in advance, and they are NOT gonna.

You get to know who the New Featured champs will be, but not the entire crystal.

I don't think the problem was hoarding for the next one, insofar as we still do that now. I think the problem was that when players know the entire contents of the crystal, it can paralyze them into holding out indefinitely for the "perfect" crystal. When the full contents of the crystal are not announced in advance (we can't hide the new featureds, obviously, so at least some information has to be released) the desire to hold out for a better crystal is counterbalanced by the fear the next one will be worse, and players tend to burn shards on crystals more readily based on whether the crystal is "good enough" for them rather than if it is the perfect one for them.

Contrary to popular belief, Kabam doesn't care if people hoard. If they did they would have put Brian to death years ago. They care when people hoard excessively to their own detriment, and that is behavior they want do not want to encourage. But hoarding with a purpose, aka Save For Blade, is not something they particularly care about. In fact, so long as it is all in good fun, they actually sometimes encourage it. They don't mind players hoarding crystals through one feaatured crystal to save for the next one. They do care if players get paralyzed into hoarding for the next one, and the next one, and the next one, because they get stuck on an infinite comparison shopping loop.