**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is it just me? Gameplay input questions

Few things I’ve noticed and just wondered if it’s just me or others noticing as well.

Obviously there is a lot of input stuff/issues so this isn’t about all of that necessarily

It seems to me that with zero applicable nodes that lately sometimes stun time seems to be less ..for instance not getting in two heavy’s from hulbuster stun as example

Is it harder to crit against 7 stars? Not sure if there is info on this but it seems like I barely crit against them

Lastly does dexterity/dashing back seem way less effective?.. as in you don’t seem to dash back as far as you used to. I remember when silver surfer came out and dashing his SP2 was a real challenge. Now I feel like most dashing to avoid is like that. Either the defender is covering way more ground or it seems like the distance you dash back is less. Not referring to the obvious increased speed of attack on higher difficulty either. I don’t feel that is what I’m noticing

Anyways just some gameplay observations I’ve had since the last update Anybody else finding similar things?

Comments

• JockJonnyJockJonny Posts: 237 ★★
    Thx for reminding me to clarify that the things I mentioned were not in arena or battlegrounds where mastery setup etc could be a factor.
    Side quest and event quest mainly where I’ve noticed
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    JockJonny said:

Few things I’ve noticed and just wondered if it’s just me or others noticing as well.

Obviously there is a lot of input stuff/issues so this isn’t about all of that necessarily

It seems to me that with zero applicable nodes that lately sometimes stun time seems to be less ..for instance not getting in two heavy’s from hulbuster stun as example

Is it harder to crit against 7 stars? Not sure if there is info on this but it seems like I barely crit against them

Lastly does dexterity/dashing back seem way less effective?.. as in you don’t seem to dash back as far as you used to. I remember when silver surfer came out and dashing his SP2 was a real challenge. Now I feel like most dashing to avoid is like that. Either the defender is covering way more ground or it seems like the distance you dash back is less. Not referring to the obvious increased speed of attack on higher difficulty either. I don’t feel that is what I’m noticing

Anyways just some gameplay observations I’ve had since the last update Anybody else finding similar things?

I have similar issues too.
    My assumption, and I will repeat it’s only an assumption, is that the game gets “heavier” on each update, so older devices can’t manage, and will start to notice frame drops and input issues, from update to update.
    That is based on my personal, several years experience with the game, playing on different devices.
    I used to play on an old iPad back when I started in ‘16, which was playing the game quite descent up to late ‘17, where serious frame drop and input issues had started.
    Changed it to a brand new iPad the same year (iPad 5th gen ‘17) and the game became a new whole experience.
    Smooth frame rate, no input issues and loading times of 1,5-2sec between fights, from the 15-40sec the old device had.
    But over the time I have noticed the newer device’s performance to wear off, and as of now in 2023, it has similar performance to that old iPad I had back in 2017.
    I’m pretty sure if I upgrade to a new iPad, the game will become smooth and fast again.
    You can tell that if you watch YouTubers playing.
    They are mostly playing on the latest devices.
    Most of the times, their game runs fast and smooth, as once used to run for me when my device was new.
    Of course sometimes it might be from the game’s edge, but you can’t be sure, unless you are playing on an new iOS device and have a strong internet connection.
    Also valid point regarding device model and wifi etc. I’m using iPhone 13 with latest iOS so don’t think that’s the problem unless it’s bug type stuff with latest iOS. So many variables I guess
    Ya that parry stutter is super annoying. That millisecond hesitation causing the parry to fail and you take block damage or believe you parried and get spin kicked in the teeth haha
  • Chenn24Chenn24 Posts: 9
    DrZola said:

I’ve been able to enjoy reverse inputs this evening in BGs.

It’s great fun to watch your champion dash in while you swiped back or completely get face-smashed over and over as you maintain the usual parry timing but don’t realize the frame rates are being rendered with a clever stutter.

Dr. Zola

This has gotten much worse since I got an iPhone 14. Experiencing missed inputs and just random movements.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,543 ★★★★★
    JockJonny said:

Ya that parry stutter is super annoying. That millisecond hesitation causing the parry to fail and you take block damage or believe you parried and get spin kicked in the teeth haha

I’m sure it’s on my confirmation bias for me, but that seems to be a consistent theme in my frame stuttering as well. Specifically, I wonder if it’s something about checking to see what the block timing is along with all the other things going on in the background. I rarely if ever see stutter when both champs are idling on each side.

Dr. Zola
  • DrZola said:

JockJonny said:

I’m sure it’s on my confirmation bias for me, but that seems to be a consistent theme in my frame stuttering as well. Specifically, I wonder if it’s something about checking to see what the block timing is along with all the other things going on in the background. I rarely if ever see stutter when both champs are idling on each side.

Dr. Zola
    For me, block timing has been off and my champs have been doing things I don’t tell them too like dashing forward when I block, standing still and not using specials, or even dashing back when I block
  • IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Posts: 1,245 ★★★★
    JockJonny said:

Only thing I can comment on that I know is 100% correct is this. 7 stars have a higher challenger rating which affect crit rate, block rate and maybe abilities too but I'm not to sure about that.

I'm sure you can find some posts about challenger rating if you search google or the forums.

• DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,543 ★★★★★

DrZola said:

JockJonny said:

Dr. Zola
    For me, block timing has been off and my champs have been doing things I don’t tell them too like dashing forward when I block, standing still and not using specials, or even dashing back when I block
    This happened a lot for me yesterday, combined with some weird frame rate rendering. Took several matches to claw to Diamond 1 but hit it this AM. Challenging game mode when mechanics go sideways.

Dr. Zola
  • AdevatiAdevati Posts: 437 ★★★
    edited January 2023
    This is just a guess, but I believe the game has some serious resource drain problems that causes intermittent and frequent game lag. The frame rates all over the place in almost every fight is the most telling. Maybe while the game is catching up; it ignores the inputs. Or queues an input and launches it when the game catches up.

The animations and particles are on another level for all the new characters. It’s like every new character is getting the Aarkus visual treatment. Attuma lags my device pretty bad due to all his animations and particles. The problem is when animations and particles are high for a character, the game lags; but many of these new characters also have an aggressive AI. Lag plus frequent dashes is a bad combo. Even if an input is not dropped, it may feel like it was because the reaction time due to the lag is much smaller.

I think it is time we need a settings option for Low/Med/High particles.

Overall, I wish Kabam would acknowledge this. It feels like they are using the “input bug was fixed; you were compensated” as an umbrella for all future issues related to this very broad topic.