**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

A friend suggested.......

shut_up_heathershut_up_heather Posts: 285 ★★
edited January 2023 in Suggestions and Requests
Someone I know that plays MCOC made the suggestion that Quake's aftershock/stun/concussion/evade shouldn't affect champions that float (Magneto, Rocket, Hyperion, Torch, Air-Walker). If you're not on the earth, how could an earthquake hurt you? What do you guys think of this suggestion? It would make an interesting balance and a lot more Quake counters.

(Feel free to disagree this post if this proposal doesn't sit well with you.)
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• It would be an interesting counter balance that makes sense to me. I’m for it
  • vsknight89vsknight89 Posts: 55
    I thought the same about root mechanic.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,759 ★★★★★
    You are looking at it in the wrong game.

Its a game, and based on fictional characters and a fictional universe. You dont apply those concepts of reality here. And even if you were, you would still be wrong, as earthquakes in real life do still affect living being like birds, for example.
  • shut_up_heathershut_up_heather Posts: 285 ★★
    Fair point. It's more of a visual thing than an actual gameplay change.

I thought the same about root mechanic.

Like....Nightcrawler can get out of root early if he evades? Great idea!
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

Its a game, and based on fictional characters and a fictional universe. You dont apply those concepts of reality here. And even if you were, you would still be wrong, as earthquakes in real life do still affect living being like birds, for example.

The bird that can fly over an earthquake and still fall into the hole created doesn’t deserve its wings.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

I disagree partly. You should be able to apply concepts of reality within the framework of the rules of the fictional world. But the point is moot as shockwaves can certainly affect things in the air.
  • The only reason why I wouldn't want kabam to do this is because we know it will for sure be majorly bugged and probably break some random part of the game.
  • SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,144 ★★★★★
    I never did get an answer...

• ChobblyChobbly Posts: 832 ★★★★
    This could actually be quite straightforward to do, I imagine.

Add a meta tag something like #floating to those champs that fly or levitate. This tag could even feature in future nodes, etc.

Then for Quake, maybe something like this:
    Against #floating opponents, the duration of any inflicted Stun and Concussion Debuffs or Passives is reduced by 60%.
    That's a pretty good start, but reduced stun and concussion doesn't actually make them any less Quakable.
    Perhaps:
    "Against #floating opponents, Quake does not evade Basic attacks and Aftershock does 50% less damage." It would make the Quake & Bake/Shake virtually useless without making Quake herself useless against #floating.

Also there's already a #flying tag.