**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Carnage Buff Idea

ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,756 ★★★★★
edited February 2023 in Suggestions and Requests
Notes: I really like Carnage but I've always felt that he needs a little bit of tweaking. At the moment, you don't have a reason to use any special attack other than his SP1 and you don't have a way to reroll your permanent buffs once you've gained them (so if you end up with 5 Resist Physical, tough luck). I've also felt that he is lacking in the utility department. This is my attempt to remedy these various things. Since many things still stay the same, I've noted my changes in Italics throughout.

Signature Ability – Bloodlust

The sight and smell of blood triggers Carnage's bloodlust, granting a Power Gain Buff when activating a Bleed or Armor Break on the opponent that lasts as long as the opponent is Bleeding or Armor Broken. The Power Gain grants up to 6.5 to 9.5% of a Bar of Power per second based on how close Carnage is to the opponent.

Additionally, while Striking a Bleeding or Armor Broken opponent, Carnage gains up to 30% resistance to Damaging Debuffs. When fighting Tech champions, this resistance is increased to 60%.

This resistance does not apply to Energy-based Debuffs and is lowered to 0% when fighting at Class Disadvantage.

Passive

The Carnage symbiote changes form, creating weapons and armor which provide Passive bonuses based on Carnage's current needs.

Struck: Resist Physical. Against Tech champions, gain a Resist Energy Passive of equivalent strength if struck by an Energy attack.

Block: Bulwark.

Light attack: Precision.

Medium attack: Fury.

Heavy attack: Cruelty.

Carnage gains 50% additional Power from Striking his opponent. This is reduced by 25% per Mutation Buff he has.

Heavy attacks

Cannot be interrupted by the Stand Your Ground mastery and gain a 100% chance to inflict a Bleed Debuff, dealing 2500 Direct Damage over 15 seconds.

Critical hits

If the target is Bleeding or Armor Broken, gain a 100% chance to Bleed dealing 150 damage over 0,5 seconds.

Ravager – Passive

Carnage rips and tears at his opponents. Each time he triggers a Bleed Debuff on his opponent, he has a 25% chance to Refresh the Duration of all other Bleeds on them.

If the bleed fails due to an Immunity, Carnage has a 100% chance to Armor Break his opponent, reducing their Armor by 1500 for 15 seconds. This Armor Break doesn't stack.

While his opponent is Bleeding or Armor Broken, his Special Attacks become Unblockable.

Special attacks

Each time Carnage activates a Special Attack, he begins to Mutate for 10 seconds. Once the Mutation ends, he copies his current Symbiote Creation as a Permanent Buff (max 5).

Special Attack 1
This attack receives 1200 additional Critical Rating.

Special Attack 2
This attack receives 1700 additional Critical Damage Rating.

Every Permanent Buff on him is turned into a Bloodlust Passive, increasing damage against Bleeding or Armor Broken opponents by 15% for 12 seconds. Against Tech champion, this duration is increased to 18 seconds.

Special Attack 3
100% to inflict a Bleed, dealing 15000 Direct Damage over 30 seconds. While this Bleed is active, all other Bleeds gain +0,5 second duration per Permanent Buff on Carnage.

If the opponent is immune to this Bleed or has Bleed Resistance, inflict a permanent Armor Break passive that reduces their Armor Rating by 1500. These passives can stack up to 3 times.
Post edited by Kabam Valkyrie on

Comments

• Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,089 ★★★★★
    K00shMaan said:

The thing about Carnage is he's already received quite a substantial buff. It was just a while ago so the power creep and direction of the game has made him obsolete again. Unfortunately don't think he is anywhere near the top of the soon to be buffed life and won't be anytime soon.

Yeah his buff isn't terrible, it just comes up short compared to the others but he's definitely not useless, he's a prime example of someone who'd benefit from a numbers bump and it's why I keep recommending adding a vicious buff to his current kit to help with DOT effects.

At the very least, we'll most likely see those things with future synergies, especially with other symbiotes.
  • Options

I'd add a vicious buff to his bloodlust ability to help increase DOT

I mostly tried to stay clear of adding more damage to his kit (aside from in his SP2 and SP3 in order to make them more attractive to use) since I don't think he's lacking there. I would mostly want him to have some more utility as well as a way to be a tad bit more suicide-friendly.

That said, a vicious buff would certainly suit him.

(By the way, thanks to your comment I realized that I accidentally doubled up on the term "bloodlust" in his kit. I didn't remember that it was already the name of his sig ability when I came up with the name for the passive effects in his SP2.)
  • Options
    K00shMaan said:

The thing about Carnage is he's already received quite a substantial buff. It was just a while ago so the power creep and direction of the game has made him obsolete again. Unfortunately don't think he is anywhere near the top of the soon to be buffed life and won't be anytime soon.

That's true, but Kabam has on occasion also rebuffed champs in the past when there has been a need for it. I don't think Carnage is on the buffing board anytime soon either since he is already a fairly solid champ. He's just kind of the least solid symbiote champ (aside from Symbiote Spidey, I guess), and that's a shame since he's such a delightfully evil character in the comics. I loved him growing up so I would love to have him as a mainstay in my roster in MCOC, and that just isn't the case.
  • Options

K00shMaan said:

Yeah his buff isn't terrible, it just comes up short compared to the others but he's definitely not useless, he's a prime example of someone who'd benefit from a numbers bump and it's why I keep recommending adding a vicious buff to his current kit to help with DOT effects.

At the very least, we'll most likely see those things with future synergies, especially with other symbiotes.
    I remember when him and venom were buffed everyone was saying how great carnage was an how horrible Venoms buff was, but Venoms buff longevity was way longer because it took like 3 months before people started to forget about carnage and use venom more.
  • Options
    AxewAxew Posts: 622 ★★★★
    I would give him some regeneration similar to his power gain when the opponent is bleeding. Carnage is known for being very durable and relentless opponent
  • Options
    Loki_Poki1280Loki_Poki1280 Posts: 468 ★★★
    Carnage Right Now. I just good at dealing Damage at Mid-Level Health pools. He excels at about the 300k health pool as a 6* Rank 2. He doesn't have utility, that's his main issue. It is necessary to run him with Red Goblin so he can have that fast Ramp up and Unlimited Stacking of Klyntar Buffs. What I think he could benefit from.
    • Incinerate and Power Drain/Burn Immunity. (For Obvious Reasons)
    • Spider-Sense Evade Counter. (Like Venom)
    • Passive: If the under the effects of power gain buff, carnage's combat and ability power gain rate have +100% ability accuracy
    • Sp.1 stays the same but if they under the effects of armor break or bleed, every critical hit inflicts a 7 second bleed that scales with modified attack rating, and the attack grants opponent less power
    • Sp.2 stays the same. Every critical hit inflicts an Armor break (of 300ish) for 10 seconds. If the last hit crits, inflict a stun debuff for 2 seconds
    • Sp.3 stays the same. All bleeds and armor breaks on the opponent convert to ruptures, but count and act as bleeds for carnage's abilities. Gain an Aptitude buff, increasing the potency of Armor, Fury, and Precision Buffs by 50% for 10 Seconds.
  • Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,089 ★★★★★
    edited February 2023
    Axew said:

I would give him some regeneration similar to his power gain when the opponent is bleeding. Carnage is known for being very durable and relentless opponent

That would definitely be in tune to how he is in the comics and give him a bit more sustainability in longer fights. Even a variant of life steal would feel right here.
  • Options
    Axew said:

I like that idea. I was trying to make him more sustainable with suicides on (thus the "become resistant to bleed and poison when striking the opponent" line) but your idea would work with or without those masteries.
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 1,941 ★★★★
    Carnage should be able to counter Spiderverse since he's a symbiote