**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Awakened GweenPool vs Magik - More than 80 combos, but limbo still triggered. Bug? Feature? (video)

arni2arni2 Posts: 362 ★★
edited November 2017 in General Discussion
Hi,
I would like to know if Gweenpool sig ability working correctly. On one of the alliance wars I brought her to fight Debuff immune Magik (miniboss). My Gweenpool is Awakened.

I did more than 80 combos on magik, but she still triggered limbo. See this video demonstration:

https://youtu.be/0FvW1s0DmSI?t=6m15s

Can you please explain me if it working as intended? if it does, what is the percentage of Accuracy ability reduction according to combo meter?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Drakon56Drakon56 Posts: 32
    Yeah, Afrid is right. GP reduces defensive ability accuracy alone. Only abilities that proc when she hits the opponent, not when the opponent activates it themselves. Magik's limbo is both offensive and defensive, so Gp can stop the defensive part, that is when magik goes over a bar of power, but not when magik activates the short limbo, using her specials
  • Options
    There is no mention on about hitting the opponent to reduce defensive abilities. They said only based on current combo. According to what I know limbo is defensive ability that should be reduced.
    The explanation in game is very inconclusive. I hope that kabam will clarify it
  • Options
    Mwhitaker23Mwhitaker23 Posts: 332 ★★
    higher the combo the higher the percentage is to reduce limbo.. but itll never be 100% reduced just like crossbones if you have 10 stacks of furies it should be 100% but the way the game is its really not
  • Options
    CrusherCrusher Posts: 305
    higher the combo the higher the percentage is to reduce limbo.. but itll never be 100% reduced just like crossbones if you have 10 stacks of furies it should be 100% but the way the game is its really not

It not work like that as cross bones....mod clarified it in Gwen pool's spot light... She reduce DA 2% per hit and after 50 combos she never trigger limbo (defensive part)
    U can see the videos of lol magik against gwenpool...
  • Options
    Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    That’s like saying bw doesn’t reduce abilities when she’s not hitting the opponent. It’s assumed You have to be in contact with the opponent to bypass their abilities
  • Options
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    That’s like saying bw doesn’t reduce abilities when she’s not hitting the opponent. It’s assumed You have to be in contact with the opponent to bypass their abilities

BW reduced the ability even without touching the opponent
  • Options
    nameplasnameplas Posts: 240 ★★
    Gwenpool reduces defensive abilities. When magik reaches a bar of power with MD, it's considered that she gained the power by herself and not by the influence of gwenpool. It's working correctly
  • Options
    Ayushk12Ayushk12 Posts: 153
    I faced this issue in quests. I'm pretty sure MD doesn't proc there. Still no answer for my ticket about that.
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,180 ★★★★★
    arni2 wrote: »
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »

BW reduced the ability even without touching the opponent
    Nop she dont.
  • Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 3,379 ★★★★★
    Yeah bw and gwenpool both decrease defense so if md triggers the limbo will trigger it only goes by attacking not no attacks
  • Options
    I don't know if you remember, but before update 12.0 BW could prevent juggs unstoppable without touching him. I hope to get clarification from Kabam regarding Gweenpool;

@Kabam Miike
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,180 ★★★★★
    I don't know if you remember, but before update 12.0 BW could prevent juggs unstoppable without touching him. I hope to get clarification from Kabam regarding Gweenpool;

@Kabam Miike
    . Dont Think she has done Thah. Im cant say. Becasse didt have BW Berfor v12.

• Options

@Kabam Miike

Nope. I had 99 BW before 12.0. I don't remember seeing that ever.
  • Options
    There is no mention on about hitting the opponent to reduce defensive abilities. They said only based on current combo. According to what I know limbo is defensive ability that should be reduced.
    The explanation in game is very inconclusive. I hope that kabam will clarify it

Gwenpool's signature ability states that she reduces her opponents defensive ability accuracy. Defensive ability accuracy is the chance for a defensive ability to trigger. Limbo is not a defensive ability. Magik can trigger Limbo in one of two ways. First, she can trigger it on using a special. That's definitely not a defensive trigger. Second, her awakened ability can trigger it when her power meter crosses a bar of power. That is also not a defensive trigger - her awakened ability is not strictly speaking a defensive ability. It just watches her power bar and triggers Limbo when she crosses a threshold. This can happen whether she is being attacked or not.

And for the record, Black Widow's signature ability is explicitly designated as happening when she attacks and has always been described as such as far as I know. That's fundamentally different from Gwenpool's signature which is a passive that is not tied to attacks. Gwenpool can reduce defensive ability accuracy without necessarily attacking the target. Black Widow must strike the target for subtlety to trigger.
  • Options
    111ys7b0fr2u.jpg
    This is current bw ability. She have ~70% chance to "reduce chances to triggering their abilities". Before update 12.0 it was 100%. This means she doesn't need to hit them to prevent abilities like unstoppable. There is nothing said about Gweenpool that she needs to HIT to reduce abilities
  • Options
    AcanthusAcanthus Posts: 447 ★★★
    edited November 2017
    111ys7b0fr2u.jpg
    This is current bw ability. She have ~70% chance to "reduce chances to triggering their abilities". Before update 12.0 it was 100%. This means she doesn't need to hit them to prevent abilities like unstoppable. There is nothing said about Gweenpool that she needs to HIT to reduce abilities

It literally says "strikes her targets" though
  • Options
    GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    111ys7b0fr2u.jpg

"All attacks..."
  • Options
    CrusherCrusher Posts: 305
    GbSarkar wrote: »
    111ys7b0fr2u.jpg

"All attacks..."

.......when ur bleed take out most out of the health of iron man... And ur gwenpool is more than 50+ combo... And u r not attacking him anymore but waiting to bleed take him out... And it just pass the arc overload health... But never ever triggered... So that mean her DA is depends on attacks it depends on hit whether u r hitting or not....
  • Options
    NMEONESNMEONES Posts: 260 ★★
    @arni2
    Like others have said... you can 100% negate limbo when attacking and over 50 combo meter, but MD isn't defensive ability.. so when MD pushes her over the bar of power, limbo can trigger with no problem since it's not defensive.

I watch your war videos all the time. Try not triggering dexterity as much... I practice evading without triggering dexterity, it's worth it.