**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

S23 Ultra - Graphics

Sunnyz_786Sunnyz_786 Posts: 260
edited February 2023 in General Discussion
So will Samsung S23 Ultra finally get the good graphics that iOS users get, seeing as the s23 Ultra is more than capable of handling it.? As it will also have Ray Tracing. So @Kabam Miike what is the plan, will game run smoothly or will there need to be implementation to avoid things like players last year banned temporarily due to playing on s22.

Comments

• Sunnyz_786Sunnyz_786 Posts: 260
    edited February 2023
    Mackey said:

I'd imagine the flagship samsungs have been more than capable of running said graphics for some time now

Ok thank you. Because my phone is A71 and its perfect but just thought its time to buy a new one, that better suits what I need. And wanted to make sure S23 Ultra would work better.
  • MackeyMackey Posts: 1,534 ★★★★★
    Oh I'm not saying that they DO run the same as IOS. I've always been led to believe that the game runs smoother on IOS but I haven't actually tested it. I have the s22 ultra and the graphics seem good to me but I have nothing to compare it to 🤣.

What I meant was that the newest best Samsung phone surely must be able to run the game as well as an IOS device
  • edricedric Posts: 59
    I must say Samsung's latest flagship phones actually run this game better than IOS devices (I use the Samsung Z Fold 4 and have a colleague at work who plays on an IPhone 14)
  • Danemo666Danemo666 Posts: 156 ★★

So @Kabam Miike what is the plan, will game run smoothly or will there need to be implementation to avoid things like players last year banned temporarily due to playing on s22.

I'd also like to know if something has been put in place for the new phone releasing as I have got it on preorder. Obviously I'd love to try it out right away but don't want to risk getting banned.
    Can anyone from Kabam confirm for anyone planning on purchasing the s23 please?
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,259 ★★★★★

So will Samsung S23 Ultra finally get the good graphics that iOS users get, seeing as the s23 Ultra is more than capable of handling it.? As it will also have Ray Tracing. So @Kabam Miike what is the plan, will game run smoothly or will there need to be implementation to avoid things like players last year banned temporarily due to playing on s22.

I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think I will be. It's pretty safe to assume the answer is NO, the better (but still not the same level as iOS for some reason) graphics usually take a while to show up if they show up at all. Some odd devices that aren't selling in the millions around the world will have the better graphics at launch, while top tier flagships that use a more powerful iteration of the same chipset won't. I'm on the S22 Ultra and the better graphics just came in the last month or so. They'll probably be gone again sometime this year with no reasonable explanation or acknowledgement. The dream is to get the better graphics and 120+ Hz at the same time.
  • Feeney234Feeney234 Posts: 1,139 ★★★★
    I play on my S22 Ultra and its an absolute beast.
  • CorkscrewCorkscrew Posts: 531 ★★★
    Mackey said:

Oh I'm not saying that they DO run the same as IOS. I've always been led to believe that the game runs smoother on IOS but I haven't actually tested it. I have the s22 ultra and the graphics seem good to me but I have nothing to compare it to 🤣.

What I meant was that the newest best Samsung phone surely must be able to run the game as well as an IOS device

Might have been true of previous generation of iOS devices, but I have both an older Android and iPhone 14 Pro and it is garbage on the 14 Pro. It is slightly better if you turn ON "Limit Frame Rate". It has more frame stuttering and lag on a 2 month old flagship than my 2 year old non-flagship.
  • Kym_arKym_ar Posts: 7
    Over the years, I would change between my work iPhone (iPhone 8/iPhone 8 Plus/iPhone XS) and Galaxy (Galaxy S10+/ S21 Ultra/S22 Ultra to play MCOC depending on which had more battery and it was a nightmare sometimes. MCOC on iPhone is completely different compared to Galaxy, it’s smooth and so responsive. Because of this, I had to train my mind with the timing for parry and dex depending on what device I’m using at the time.

Just got my S23 Ultra and I'm not sure what I did or didn't do with my previous Samsungs but the game runs butter smooth on this, it is shocking. I don't know how to explain it but it feels like the characters move quicker (which shouldn't be possible) and in game menus register faster. It actually feels like I’m playing on an iPhone.
  • Yeah I just got one and the game has never ran like this before. I was on an s21+ before and I had so many hitches and general jankiness.

It all just seems really smooth and quick now. Even crystals open a lot quicker.

I don't work for Samsung honestly 😂
  • Xguard77Xguard77 Posts: 553 ★★★
    Piling on here - I'm about 5 days into the s23 Ultra, after previously using an s21. The game runs super smooth, and the device doesn't heat up with extended play like my older phones did.
  • Wally_WooferWally_Woofer Posts: 173
    Hmmm...S22 Ultra here. I found that during the peak of the input issues the only way to have a playable game was to reduce the refresh to 60 Hz. Recently issues popped up again and I had to turn the beta inputs off...and went ahead and put the refresh rate back to max. Wondering if they are toying with related game content.