**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

What's the deal with all the emote hate?

They're not detrimental to the game at all. This is because you can turn them off. I see a lot of people saying that emotes are useless, but that's just wrong. If emotes are introduced later down the line as rewards for Battlegrounds, it gives summoners motivation to push harder. If you get rinsed in a bgs match, expect to get dunked on with an emote. And if you don't want to see them, just turn them off. I turn them off sometimes, just because I'm salty.

The point is, the hate they're getting isn't really deserved.

Comments

• CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    The instant loss bugg is happening more this season than the previous... I'm pretty sure its not related but I'm gonna blame it on the emotes 🤣
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,060 ★★★★★
    it would be nice to know what each emote is supposed to represent .. i have no idea what is what even if i wanted to use them .. in which situation would a Gwenpool be appropriate or Hela? i can't really tell from their looks what they're supposed to mean.
  • Marvelfan30Marvelfan30 Posts: 1,136 ★★★★

Rule #5

People love to complain about everything even when they receive compensation

There was only 3 rules.....
  • ChobblyChobbly Posts: 833 ★★★★
    edited February 2023
    I guess for some people it's a nice interactive thing, but for others is an unnecessary distraction. The fact that there are, not to be unfair, important issues in the game that need dev resources more may have something to do with this as well.

I think a global emotes setting would be the best solution. I'm not particularly keen myself but if some people like emotes and want them, then as long as I've got a way to turn them off I don't care.
  • firemoon712firemoon712 Posts: 546 ★★★
    edited February 2023
    Everyone has their own opinions.
    I can see for both sides.
    Personally, I'm upset there's no dabbing Goldpool emote.
    That emote would've been S tier along with "Master of Puppets" from Fortnite (big metalhead btw) and "You are Number One" from DB Legends.
  • Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★
    If they really wanted to add something to BGs , i would have preferred the one they have in incursions... example - good match , Bad rng draft erc etc ...that would have been cool .
  • ChiliDogChiliDog Posts: 883 ★★★
    edited February 2023
    I fall into rule #2. Not sure angry is right word, but annoyed.

Input issues. Matchmaking is horrible. Hmmm...let's slap some lipstick on this pig.