A query about TB EQ 2.2 tech nodes

MDxMDx Member Posts: 96
So as per my understanding the node says whenever we do well timed blocks (=parry) defender is power drained and we get fury from that power drain . But as I've felt it this isn't constant like sometime it works on consecutive parries but sometimes it doesn't work on even consecutive 3-4 parries .
Is this power drain (and the passive furies) RNG based ?

Comments

• JockJonnyJockJonny Member Posts: 237 ★★
    Do you have Pacify mastery maxed? Messes up the interaction of that node
  • MDxMDx Member Posts: 96
    No i don't have pacify maxed , just 1/3 . And how does that interact with the node , cuz pacify decreases enemy ability accuracy and node says we block we power drain them and we get a fury .how is enemy ability accuracy involved in that ?
  • A_FungiA_Fungi Member Posts: 993 ★★★★
    You also have to have an armor up buff
  • FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Member Posts: 2,755 ★★★★★
    MDx said:

No i don't have pacify maxed , just 1/3 . And how does that interact with the node , cuz pacify decreases enemy ability accuracy and node says we block we power drain them and we get a fury .how is enemy ability accuracy involved in that ?

Because for some odd reason ability accuracy also impacts nodes. The node somehow becomes part of the champions abilities, so reducing the opponents ability accuracy can also reduce the chance of both negative and positive node abilities triggering.
    @A_Fungi ofcourse i had an Armor up bruh why would I ask here if i didn't read the whole node :)
    Also , does pacify 1/3 (10% aar) can affect that much so as to reduce the chances to like more than 50% ?
  • FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Member Posts: 2,755 ★★★★★
    MDx said:

@A_Fungi ofcourse i had an Armor up bruh why would I ask here if i didn't read the whole node :)
    Also , does pacify 1/3 (10% aar) can affect that much so as to reduce the chances to like more than 50% ?

10% can trigger 100% of the time. The game doesn’t average you out to something happening once out of so many times, it’s a percentage of every single interaction. So yes, 10% can happen more than 10% of the time because every single time has an equal chance as previous times to trigger the same thing.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,247 Guardian
    (without looking at the full set of nodes involved…)

Are you just doing Parry, retreat, Parry, retreat, Parry, etc ? Trying to build up multiple Furies before starting to actually attack them ?
    If so, and nodes aren’t getting ANY power elsewhere (and since you haven’t attacked since last full drain to give them power), so your next Parry doesn’t have anything left to Drain. I wonder if there is 0 power to Drain, whether that means you won’t get any Fury afterwards either ?
  • CyborgNinja135CyborgNinja135 Member Posts: 1,118 ★★★★

(without looking at the full set of nodes involved…)

Are you just doing Parry, retreat, Parry, retreat, Parry, etc ? Trying to build up multiple Furies before starting to actually attack them ?
    If so, and nodes aren’t getting ANY power elsewhere (and since you haven’t attacked since last full drain to give them power), so your next Parry doesn’t have anything left to Drain. I wonder if there is 0 power to Drain, whether that means you won’t get any Fury afterwards either ?

The set of nodes includes Kinetic Transference so parrying and retreating in order to parry again is a viable strategy.
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Member Posts: 4,712 ★★★★★
    Zan0 said:

Are you also using warlock? Because he lowers AA

Same for HB.
  • xTURKISHxxTURKISHx Member Posts: 70
    edited February 2023
    So just use Howard the duck parry heavy over and over cheeses every lane... Use white mag pre-fight for the attuna fight..and on Iceman path back them into the corner just Spam heavies
    @Furrymoosen so i can try without pacify as well and i won't be surprised to not get a fury with a parry
    @SummonerNR no sir , I'm doing sometimes full combo's sometimes a couple hits , there's always power on defenders
    @Zan0 it's happening with OS too (warlock i know is a double edged sword for these)
    @Furrymoosen i got another one for you , i fought a Jubilee with stryfe on a Deja Vu weakness node in aq , stryfe decreases aar on his psionic attacks that include his mediums and heavies but while i was doing repeat psionic attacks i was still getting weakness .
    Any comment on this ?
  • phillgreenphillgreen Member Posts: 3,969 ★★★★★
    MDx said:

Probably the same loaded dice used for mesmerize haha.
    MDx said:

@Furrymoosen i got another one for you , i fought a Jubilee with stryfe on a Deja Vu weakness node in aq , stryfe decreases aar on his psionic attacks that include his mediums and heavies but while i was doing repeat psionic attacks i was still getting weakness .
    Any comment on this ?

Stryfe doesn't have AAR on psionic attacks. He just reduces the potency of incoming damage by 100%
    @CyborgNinja135 yeah ur right , thanks.
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Member Posts: 4,608 ★★★★★
    edited February 2023
    I found vulture to be mvp for me, 2 sp2 and watch their health melt away as you attack them. I did use nimrod for all mutants tho and Doc ock for absorbing man keep in mind both are r1 6* 🤣
  • AMS94AMS94 Member Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    It's bcoz of pacify mastery
    That mastery interferes with nodes that give us any benefits on parry
    Ability accuracy reduction doesn't only mean defender abilities but also node abilities....it doesn't care about whether the ability is a positive for us or a negative

I used to run max pacify but now I just don't use it bcoz in recent times it has caused me more harm than good
  • benshbbenshb Member Posts: 810 ★★★★
    How hard would it be to just add "this node's ability accuracy cannot be modified"?
  • AmbjonyAmbjony Member Posts: 206 ★★
    edited February 2023
    I feel the same and I was using warlock most of the time. It seemed RNG when I get the fury buff.

I don't have any point at pacify.
  • PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,353 Guardian
    MDx said:

It's been happening without the pacify mastery as well , some parries do power drain while some don't .
    @Kabam Miike any word ?

Which champion are you using that you're experiencing this issue with?
  • TyphoonTyphoon Member Posts: 1,796 ★★★★★
    You need an armor up buff when you parry.
    edited March 2023
    Just tried using hulkbuster , had 2 Armor ups on me , fights were against apoc,Elsa and spot.
    @Pikolu @Typhoon
    MDx said:

Just tried using hulkbuster , had 2 Armor ups on me , fights were against apoc,Elsa and spot.
    @Pikolu @Typhoon

HB reduces the opponent's OAA by 20% for each armor up as long as they're not cosmic. Since the node triggers when you parry, which means the opponent is attacking you, HB's OAAR affects the node