**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Suggestion for the game

I was turning over this idea in my mind as a suggestion. What if there was a game mode where you could trade a member of your alliance a champion of a specific number of stars/rank for a champion of equal stars/rank?
A 6* for a 6*, 5* for a 5*, a 4* for a 4* etc.

This was an idea because my alliance mates like champions I have, and they have champions I like as well. It could cost a specific amount of units and gold for a one-time use until the required amount of units were achieved as well as gold. Instead of letting some champions collect dust in an alliance member’s roster, the champion could be enjoyed and used in the other member’s roster. I have a roster of over 60 6* champions, but my alliance mate has the champion I’ve wanted as a 6*, and he doesn’t use it much. Thank you for being respectful and considering it. It’s okay if the idea isn’t accepted. No worries.

Comments

• Options
    The RNG, albeit helpful in maintaining a balance in the game, gets disappointing because of spending many, many shards to try for a champion and not get the character. If your alliance member has a champ you like and you both were able to trade/swap characters for a cost of units and gold, it would increase player enjoyment of the game. I’ve recently been playing with my 5* Hulk Immortal and have enjoyed playing with him a great deal! One of my alliance members has him as a 6* that he doesn’t hardly use. When alliances had the abyss nexus crystal for the 2022 gifting event last year, the two alliance members and I each went for the choose-your-class 10-champion nexus crystal, and we each selected science. I wanted Hulk Immortal from it, but the other alliance member chose Hulk Immortal from his crystal because the RNG gave him that character. He was disappointed in getting the champion that I would’ve liked to have as a 6* instead. In this case, if a character “swap”was possible between alliance members, issues like these would be reduced. Thank you for considering.
  • Options
    FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Posts: 1,600 ★★★★
    Honestly, this is such a great idea, but it faces some of the same issues that the Gifting Events faced, namely the issue of scammers and cheaters, leading to more complaints about the game. There may also be exploiters who are gifting better heroes to their alt from their main or vice versa. This would be a very controversial update, and many players may not be on board with it
  • Options
    Nope (if you haven’t seen the case for why NOT to allow this)

This would turn into a “real-world” Black Market for Selling champs for real money. (You'd technically call it Trading, but in reality would end up with it being Selling).

And based on how Gifting in prior years had turned into illegal money scams as well (as the illegal or scammed, or credit card fraud, etc, source of the funds used to purchase Units in game on their alternate accounts and then turn around and Gift their main accounts all the good stuff). That would also end up being a secondary problem with trading champs too.
  • Options
    Ngoalong711Ngoalong711 Posts: 304 ★★
    no way. but i like it if we can borrow my friends or ally mates a champions to do 1 quest. like summoner war game
  • Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★
    Do you see? We didn't have to go past 2 comments in this thread to see someone getting ready to abuse this for their benefit.

The idea of a trading system would only be ripe for abuse and what guarantees do you have that the minute you don't make the trade, your buddy doesn't immediately leave the alliance or get booted?

So then what happens to the trade then? Because it sounds like he gets to keep your champ and you're stuck with his.
  • Options
    CaptainaidenCaptainaiden Posts: 796 ★★★
    edited February 2023
    No, people will abuse it with their others account
  • Options
    CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    Yeah that won't create a black market...I'll trade u you Galan for your Iron Fist...
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    EEK. Trading all your Alts into a super Account? No thanks.
  • Options
    Thank you for sharing your thoughts. They are valid. You raised good points.
  • Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★
    I know you went into this with good intentions but you have to understand that as a community, we've proven that we can't have nice things.

We once had a permanent year-round gifting badge with Tony Stark's briefcase which allowed us to gift very useful items to teammates in Alliance events but it got abused to the point that it had to be taken away.

The gifting event is another prime example where it had a genuine intention for players to have a great time during the holidays and between the score wars, the credit card fraud, and the mercenaries, they had to get rid and as awesome as the Banquet was this past December, there's no guarantee that we'll ever have that again. You add all that up and you can understand where a lot of people are coming from when we say that being able to trade champions, even if it was a temporary loan, is setting up an unprecedented recipe for disaster.