Kabam, what’s wrong with your battlegrounds matchmaking?

2»

Comments

• Ironman3000Ironman3000 Member Posts: 1,938 ★★★★★
    Dangerx17 said:

Dangerx17 said:

Tofifi said:

I have 6 rank 4 champs. I deal players with 10+ rank 4 champs. It doesn’t look like a normal system. It’s quite disappointing to do such matches. This way you can’t move anywhere.
    cdn.net/6029252/uploads/editor/9a/7l16p9q8m1yr.jpeg" alt="" />

I made a post about this same thing and everyone was complaining and disagreeing with me clearly it doesn't make sense in the VT to be coming across accounts with several 6* r4 champs fighting a thronebreaker with only 2 r4 6*

But you think you should be able to advance past those stronger rosters without having to face them?
    Not at all, but I don't think I should be facing them so soon in the VT. I was seeing stacked accounts since silver and now I'm plat 2 it's not like I've been facing weaker opponents since silver 1 all the way to plat 2 I've been facing crazy ass paragon's super early, I don't think that makes sense
    So which level, and rewards, do you deserve to get to before fighting to top accounts?
  • MackeyMackey Member Posts: 1,597 ★★★★★
    Jefechuta said:

Mackey said:

Here we go again. War 2.0. People need to let others express their grievances without telling them they don't matter.

Or maybe people should stop expecting to not have to face stronger rosters while competing for the EXACT same rewards as everyone else.

Expecting an easy route to top BG rewards and expecting easy path to same or better rewards than much stronger rosters is nothing short of extremely entitled.
    That isn't what's happening though .... show me a paragon player who has matched a cav player in VC THIS season .... it seems we're matched on prestige now so the lower accounts don't ever face the higher accounts in VC ... GC is different though.

Each of my matches this season have been +/- 2k of my prestige whereas last season I did face genuine cav players 🤷‍♂️
    The problem is that a player with 30 R4 and a player with 5 R4 has the same prestige, and depending on the champions the one with 5 could even have more prestige.

The easiest way to fix all this is to have a different prestige for BGs, so its calculated with your top 30 champs instead of the top 5.

That way the matchmaking would be fair
    I agree, prestige determines absolutely nothing with regard to skills. All it determines is which champ you have at the highest sig(s). I have around 15.8k prestige so its pretty high and therefore I face A LOT of guys with couple r5s and a tremendous amount of r4s.

A BGs exclusive prestige could work but then that's just adding on yet another layer of something to potentially go wrong again. What they need to do is treat it so VT is 100% random, you face someone (anyone) in your tier at the time of searching for a match, irrespective of progression, roster, BHR or prestige.
  • K00shMaanK00shMaan Member Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    The fundamental problem is that there are 3 critical criteria for success in Battlegrounds.
    1. Technical Skill (Parry, Dec, Intercepting, etc.)
    2. Game Knowledge (knowing how to handle matchups, Drafting/Banning, Deck Building, etc.)
    3. Roster Strength

Kabam has a bunch of metrics in game that they can use to Determine Roster Strength. Prestige, TBH, number of Champions, Progression Title, they can probably count champions at specific ranks as well. This can all be used in the Matchmaking algorithm.

However for Technical Skill and Game Knowledge, the only thing that Kabam can use in the Matchmaking algorithm is your Tier in Battlegrounds.

So even though Kabam clearly heavily weights Tier in the Matchmaking algorithm (98%+ of my matches are in the same Tier, never been off by more than 1), Adding any component of Roster Strength seems to be the part that ultimately decides the matchmaking because it's just too easy to find a match within your Tier. That's a problem because for the people who are above average compared to their peers in Criteria 1 and 2, they will just succeed and never face significantly stiffer competition until GC. And for the people who are below average in Criteria 1 and 2, they're just going to get rekt cuz their competition will never get any easier even though it's clear they're outmatched. Everyone should face someone where they have a roughly similar chance of winning but without having winning and losing play a significant role in the quality of your future matchups, this doesn't happen.

Their needs to be actual in game metrics that can reflect where a player lies with regards to those first 2 Criteria. Adding a permanent BG Rating would be a great way to assist with this.
  • GreekhitGreekhit Member Posts: 2,820 ★★★★★
    Jefechuta said:

Mackey said:

Here we go again. War 2.0. People need to let others express their grievances without telling them they don't matter.

Or maybe people should stop expecting to not have to face stronger rosters while competing for the EXACT same rewards as everyone else.

Expecting an easy route to top BG rewards and expecting easy path to same or better rewards than much stronger rosters is nothing short of extremely entitled.
    That isn't what's happening though .... show me a paragon player who has matched a cav player in VC THIS season .... it seems we're matched on prestige now so the lower accounts don't ever face the higher accounts in VC ... GC is different though.

Each of my matches this season have been +/- 2k of my prestige whereas last season I did face genuine cav players 🤷‍♂️
    The problem is that a player with 30 R4 and a player with 5 R4 has the same prestige, and depending on the champions the one with 5 could even have more prestige.

The easiest way to fix all this is to have a different prestige for BGs, so its calculated with your top 30 champs instead of the top 5.

Whatever matchmaking takes into account any other metrics outside of tier/mode rating, is weighted matchmaking and by definition not fair.
    People have a very twisted perception of what is fair or not.
    Why it isn’t fair for someone to use his hard worked progressed roster to face minor newer rosters in the same tier, of the same competition, fighting over the same rewards?
    Justice is hard for people to handle, when it doesn’t serves their personal goals.
  • JefechutaJefechuta Member Posts: 1,212 ★★★★
    Greekhit said:

Jefechuta said:

Mackey said:

Whatever matchmaking takes into account any other metrics outside of tier/mode rating, is weighted matchmaking and by definition not fair.
    Why it isn’t fair for someone to use his hard worked progressed roster to face minor newer rosters in the same tier, of the same competition, fighting over the same rewards?
    Justice is hard for people to handle, when it doesn’t serves their personal goals.
    It is fair because this is a competitive mode where roster shouldnt make you win but your knowledge and skills.

Literally its like boxers complained because they cant match people that are half their weight because "it is fair since Im stronger because I trained more", no fam, it doesnt work like that.

You have to be put in similar conditions to see whos better.

Every competitive game works like this.

Since in MCOC you can upgrade your champs and make them stronger, to adapt to a competitive level you have to make some matchmaking efforts where you put similar players together so the best one wins, not the one with the biggest wallet, as I already said in another discussion, we already have the rest of the game for this, not make BGs VT like this too.
  • GreekhitGreekhit Member Posts: 2,820 ★★★★★
    Jefechuta said:

Greekhit said:

Jefechuta said:

Mackey said:

It is fair because this is a competitive mode where roster shouldnt make you win but your knowledge and skills.

Literally its like boxers complained because they cant match people that are half their weight because "it is fair since Im stronger because I trained more", no fam, it doesnt work like that.

Since in MCOC you can upgrade your champs and make them stronger, to adapt to a competitive level you have to make some matchmaking efforts where you put similar players together so the best one wins, not the one with the biggest wallet, as I already said in another discussion, we already have the rest of the game for this, not make BGs VT like this too.
    You know that your post would make sense only if the rewards were tied to matches strength too right?
    Because currently they are not.
    Also, when did Kabam said that it is a competitive mode and rosters shouldn’t matter?
    Rosters SHOULD matter, else the game will be dead very soon.
    Who would pay to get something (roster) that has no value?
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Member Posts: 1,938 ★★★★★
    Jefechuta said:

Greekhit said:

Jefechuta said:

Mackey said:

Are featherweight boxers able to win heavyweight titles?

Awful argument.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,488 ★★★★★
    What Titles? There is no Title in the VT, and they're not going to get far in the GC.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Member Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Jefechuta said:

Greekhit said:

Jefechuta said:

Mackey said:

Ok if roster doesn’t matter, only skill.
    Every persons BG deck is normalised to the stats of a maxed 5*. And everyone can match anyone in their current tier.
    You’ll quite possibly find that those paragons you’re saying have a skill issue could probably still win against you more often than not.