**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Quake Neverending Evade

Does anyone know why when fighting with Quake she goes into this constant evade? Usually she evades the first attack then I can block or back up, whatever my preference. But maybe 1 out of every 10 times she'll just persistently evade over and over and over to the point where I can't control her, the game has total control of her. What pisses me off is the fact that if I lose control over her, once the game decides she's evaded enough, she'll stand there and eat attacks without allowing for blocking/evading.

Comments

• SlyCat42SlyCat42 Posts: 500 ★★
    Well, to be more specific the evasion isn't due to ability accuracy reduction (although that does affect other things), it's part of her passive that while she's charging the earthquake and you already have a debuff on you she evades attacks.

Not sure exactly how it works (I only have a 3 star quake), but it's something like that. Most of fighting her is just avoiding getting those debuffs on you and not getting hit by her specials (even by blocking).
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    edited November 2017
    @The_Jagga You're wrong. It has nothing to do with charging her heavy. Yes, she evades any basic attack while charging, but in order for her to evade most attacks you have to have inflicted Concussion

Her passive ability states: Evades all Basic Attacks against opponents with a Concussion.

Basically, if you activate an Aftershock you will inflict Concussion. Not every aftershock will cause a stun.

A basic attack is any light or medium attack.

I use her all the time and she's an awesome Magik killer. Magik never charges her power bar because you're never hitting her. Just charge, evade, stun, repeat.
    edited November 2017
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvtyo_LMr-s

I suggest watching the full thing, but you can start at the 2:30 mark for Aftershock, 4:25 for Concussion, 5:25 for concussion evade.
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    Just wait for your concussion to expire. Can't do anything about it.
  • ZzyzxGuyZzyzxGuy Posts: 1,292 ★★★
    She has 2 types of concussions... both of which cause evade.

While charging heavy attack, she places a concussion on the opponent which causes an evasion of 1 basic attack.

If she places 4 or more aftershocks on an opponent, when they expire, it will cause a concussion that enables her to evade all basic attacks for 8? seconds.

Basic attacks = light, medium, heavy
    The_Jagga wrote: »
    Dexman1349 wrote: »
    @The_Jagga You're wrong. It has nothing to do with charging her heavy. Yes, she evades any basic attack while charging, but in order for her to evade most attacks you have to have inflicted Concussion

Her passive ability states: Evades all Basic Attacks against opponents with a Concussion.

Basically, if you activate an Aftershock you will inflict Concussion. Not every aftershock will cause a stun.

A basic attack is any light or medium attack.

I use her all the time and she's an awesome Magik killer. Magik never charges her power bar because you're never hitting her. Just charge, evade, stun, repeat.

Well...do u know by any chance how to trigger concussion?
    So...If u really do u are aware that are two options and one of them is by charging heavy...the more u charge the higher the earthquake scale rises... The higher it is...grant's u more aftershock damage, 100% ability reduced AND CONCUSSION!!!

But you can also place aftershocks on your opponents with special attacks.
  • StrategicStrategic Posts: 632 ★★★
    Does anyone know why when fighting with Quake she goes into this constant evade? Usually she evades the first attack then I can block or back up, whatever my preference. But maybe 1 out of every 10 times she'll just persistently evade over and over and over to the point where I can't control her, the game has total control of her. What pisses me off is the fact that if I lose control over her, once the game decides she's evaded enough, she'll stand there and eat attacks without allowing for blocking/evading.

Watch this video and see how I use her and you should be able to understand.
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/28808/how-to-beat-mephisto-in-boss-rush-tutorial#latest
    I've been debating between taking her (unduped) or Hulk (sig20) to R5.

I love how she causes so much damage without landing a hit. Instead of going full hitless, I'll mix in a few combos and landing a couple of the heavies so I have a SP1 as backup in case I get cornered.
  • Flash_AsherFlash_Asher Posts: 80
    edited November 2017
    Thanks for all the info guys. I already knew all this basic information haha! I'm talking about the neverending evade activating when the opponent DOESN'T have a concussion effect on them, just aftershock charges. This is what I'm facing. Neverending evade when she shouldn't be evading. This is a broken part of her gameplay and it's causing problems.