How quicksilver's slow debuff works

B_RatB_Rat Member Posts: 44
edited February 2023 in Strategy and Tips
This might be a dumb question but I was trying to use quicksilver for the squirrel girl SQ week 3 boss and the slow debuff wasn't applying on her. I even tried it on Valkyrie and daredevil from the SQ last month or the month the before that, but the slow debuff wouldn't get applied. It works just fine on non-skill opponents but why not on skill? I understand if it gets shrugged off or they are immune to it but I wasn't sure why it won't apply. I've even read their passive to make sure. Someone please help me.
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• B_RatB_Rat Member Posts: 44
    Oh I see. I've never seen it anywhere or there wasn't a place where that states that. Is it just a general knowledge?
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Member Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    B_Rat said:

Oh I see. I've never seen it anywhere or there wasn't a place where that states that. Is it just a general knowledge?

Click on a champs info that has slow. Go to the slow that’s highlighted blue. Click it. It’ll tell you there.
  • FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Member Posts: 2,745 ★★★★★
    edited February 2023
    B_Rat said:

For the most part yes, but if you tap on it in a champs abilities it will tell you.

• SquirrelguySquirrelguy Member Posts: 2,653 ★★★★★
    This is one of those game mechanics that they didn't always flat out state (like that armor breaks count as nullify) until the recent ability links in blue. Love whoever added those.
  • PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,349 Guardian
    Antivenoms decelerations work well on her.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Member Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Mhd20034 said:

Slow in general does not apply if you are at a class disadvantage

Slow works on class disadvantage. It's just that quick silvers kit does not allow him to
  • B_RatB_Rat Member Posts: 44
    Yeah I would like for it to be more explicit. I mean, yes, the fault is on me for not reading it but I would still want it to be more explicitly stated if it doesn't work on class disadvantage only.

Mhd20034 said:

Slow works on class disadvantage. It's just that quick silvers kit does not allow him to
    No, try using ANY slow champ on disadvantage and get back to Mr please ok?😂😂
    I said slow works on class disadvantage and it does
  • 10or_Strong10or_Strong Member Posts: 1,200 ★★★

Mhd20034 said:

Not sure what is going on in your example, but Slow not working against natural class disadvantage is NOT unique to Quick Silver. Here is the description of slow from She Hulk:

Mhd20034 said:

Not sure what is going on in your example, but Slow not working against natural class disadvantage is NOT unique to Quick Silver. Here is the description of slow from She Hulk:

I talked about quicksilver in this context. Didn't say others did not have this problem
  • MaratoxMaratox Member Posts: 1,593 ★★★★★

Mhd20034 said:

Slow does not work on class disadvantage. In this scenario, the slow is coming from a node and therefore Juggernaut is applying it to himself. It’s not Galan applying it to juggernaut. You’re still wrong.
  • RubberDucky69RubberDucky69 Member Posts: 10

Mhd20034 said:

I think you don't understand how slow works. If the defender has a slow debuff then THE DEFENDER won't be able to gain unstoppable. In your screenshot the attacker has an unstoppable which is totally OK. Galan has class disadvantage against Juggernaut and not the other way around. So Juggernaut can place an unstoppable on Galan.