**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Should I use my Generic Awakening gem on Scarlet Witch?

TonyStarkTonyStark Posts: 354
edited November 2017 in Strategy and Tips
I recently got a 4* Scarlet Witch and I also have a Generic Awakening gem! Should I use it on her?
I also have 32 mystic signature stones

My Roster
agfkluqm0k5i.png

xde6opsikfeq.png

phvg8jrw2pmv.png

4v31blv8yyv5.png

Should I use my Generic Awakening gem on Scarlet Witch? 174 votes

Yes
71%
MattyloRagamugginGunnerBigMoSkeleton777Alfa_PigeonJaffacakedWorld EaterstakErza_ScarletFreakydmum_m2PlayerFabiusBRbelli300TheManMythLegendAfridNifzTendersquadDrenlinJaded 125 votes
No, wait for a better champ
28%
thetaman23MadMarksmostlyharmlessnLoPrestiMwhitaker23Mrbeast6000XillymanTonyStarkadqqedfyvrSpeedbumpHollowbornMasterTroller42120majidGNASTYlinuxLeepower12ImranGreenstrokeKennadoCodornas 49 votes

Comments

• Mwhitaker23Mwhitaker23 Posts: 332 ★★
    just save it
  • KarimRagabKarimRagab Posts: 62
    She needs to be of high sig level (60+) to be God tier so wait to have enough sig stones and hopefully will get a 4* mystic awakening by then.
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    Yes
    Ghost Rider is a terrible option. Only because he doesn't need to be awakened.

Scarlet Witch is for the long haul. At this point in the game, it shouldn't be very difficult for you to get 4* sig stones.
  • The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    Yes
    ...with a caveat. I have a 5/50 Scarlet at max sig 99 and there is nothing like her. She is ridiculous even post nerf. So it is a "yes" if you plan on maxing her. She is only good duped, unlike many other champs, but she does need to be high sig level. I just devoted all my generic and of course mystic gems to her for a few months. WAY worth it.
    You could wait for a magic to dupe also. Maybe see if you can collect sig stones, hold the awakening gem until you have enough to take Scarlet to 60+ and see if you have any other mystic options by then. If not. Go for it.
  • SjanddsSjandds Posts: 117
    Yes
    Sw definitely yes as i prefer using sig stones on those champs which are not available in 5* and she is beast her sp2 does some crazy damage after getting dupe
  • DoctorJDoctorJ Posts: 842 ★★★
    Ewww. No.
  • CassyCassy Posts: 1,065 ★★★
    edited November 2017
    When you pull doc voodoo, Hood or iceman, u damm the day you spend it for the witch.
    Especial voodoo will likely work very Well with Almost 20 Stones.

Only Vision worth it. Perfekt for aq. Powernodes, poison, bleed. No Problemo with him.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Yes
    Cassy wrote: »
    When you pull doc voodoo, Hood or iceman, u damm the day you spend it for the witch.
    Especial voodoo will likely work very Well with Almost 20 Stones.

Only Vision worth it. Perfekt for aq. Powernodes, poison, bleed. No Problemo with him.

Vision doesn’t need a ag. Neither does hood or iceman. Unless you are sticking iceman on defence. Voodoo yes needs to be awakened but you could easy get a voodoo as a 5* and dupe him there then wasted the gem on the 4* version.

Yes awaken the witch and sig her out!!
  • MadMarksMadMarks Posts: 155
    First you need prestige, then work on fun.
    go for ghost Rider.
    or compromise and go for Rogue then 5/50 her.
    Most of SW usefulness has been nerfed by later content. So you probably don't need her for anything.
    Yes
    MadMarks wrote: »
    go for ghost Rider.
    Most of SW usefulness has been nerfed by later content. So you probably don't need her for anything.

First he needs an attack team for aq and aw before worries about prestige.
    Yup, i spend 45000 Red shards for the voodoo crystal. Got none so far, Not speaking of a dupe... SL Waiting over a year and nothing so far.
    4 * Voodoo is hell!
    Hood on (ok high sig Level) recharging keeps enemy quite Good from sp3

If your that lucky to have a 4* and a 5* Voodoo awakened, your Should go fir lottery
    The last Good fight witch is usefull is Maestro akt4.
    From There only aq for her.
    She is Good and reliable when you dupe her per crystal. Dont use a awakening gem on her. There are pretty much chapms Who can the Job better
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    Yes
    linux wrote: »
    mum_m2 wrote: »
    Ghost Rider is a terrible option. Only because he doesn't need to be awakened.

Scarlet Witch is for the long haul. At this point in the game, it shouldn't be very difficult for you to get 4* sig stones.

This player has 3 5/50s. Perhaps they're not worried about the prestige race yet, but... prestige does matter for AQ results -- which is part of why I'd recommend GR. But if they're going to be using GR anyway -- even a small incremental benefit is likely to be worthwhile.

It's true that one can plan to eventually max SW's sig, but by the same token eventually you're likely to duplicate her from a crystal; and you can look at how many sig stones you've got now and how long that's taken as an idea how long it'll take to get over sig60.

Having seen a sig99 5/50 SW (and played with a sig 60 4/40 SW) -- I can see why you might want to use an awakening gem on her ... but unless you've got a lot of sig stones ready, it wouldn't be my first choice.

No I get it. completely. but if you're debating as to which 4*'s to awaken, then you're probably not thinking much about the prestige game just yet. that sort of speak is for the end game.
    On more thing, if you try to get uncollected. It makes a huge difference to your units Stack, if you are standing against the collector with a undupe Vision and a sig 99 witch.
    Or with a awakened Vision.
    You ever asked yourself why Vision is on of the rare Champions which will be Sold for real bucks (100?) one time a year?
    Yes
    Cassy wrote: »
    On more thing, if you try to get uncollected. It makes a huge difference to your units Stack, if you are standing against the collector with a undupe Vision and a sig 99 witch.
    Or with a awakened Vision.
    You ever asked yourself why Vision is on of the rare Champions which will be Sold for real bucks (100?) one time a year?

That’s not the same vision. There is original vision with the cartoon purple look and the age of ultron vision which he has. Yes I would be happy to take a sig 99 sw up against the collector. She would do better then the vision he has.
  • TonyStarkTonyStark Posts: 354
    edited November 2017
    ...with a caveat. I have a 5/50 Scarlet at max sig 99 and there is nothing like her. She is ridiculous even post nerf. So it is a "yes" if you plan on maxing her. She is only good duped, unlike many other champs, but she does need to be high sig level. I just devoted all my generic and of course mystic gems to her for a few months. WAY worth it.
    You could wait for a magic to dupe also. Maybe see if you can collect sig stones, hold the awakening gem until you have enough to take Scarlet to 60+ and see if you have any other mystic options by then. If not. Go for it.

I'll definitely max her out if I dupe her! I have 2 T4 mystic class cats and about 10k T4 mystic frags! Thanks for the advice btw :)
  • TonyStarkTonyStark Posts: 354
    MadMarks wrote: »
    go for ghost Rider.

I have 39 Mutant sig stones, in case I dupe Rogue! Also have 3 mutant T4 class cats! Thanks for your advice!
  • CodornasCodornas Posts: 542 ★★
    Use on Ant-man. Not even a debate
  • SomeoneElseSomeoneElse Posts: 424 ★★★
    Go with SW if you are in it for the long haul. Just realize that you won’t see the benefits until you level her up and get her to a higher sig level.

GR would be my other choice. I think he is underrated because he is more difficult to use. Having another judgement to stack can make a difference. The extra damage that Vengence does is good. Or you can make your bleed last longer. Or you can make lifesteal last longer. Or you can make power drain last longer. You get the idea.
  • Ruben101Ruben101 Posts: 49
    Go rouge or ghost rider
  • FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    Yes
    Yes if u got plenty of sig stones
  • HollowbornHollowborn Posts: 345
    Just save it. I've been saving mine just cause and I've could have used it on Wolverine a long time ago.
  • sbb75sbb75 Posts: 208
    Yes
    Love that a gem poll from 10 months ago just started getting votes again.
  • WelderofortuneWelderofortune Posts: 527 ★★
    I am assuming you made the call by now what did you choose to do.
  • NEO_mr_AndersonNEO_mr_Anderson Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    edited September 2018
    Duh.
  • Saket_123Saket_123 Posts: 139
    Yes
    Ever realized why SW is only available up to 4*? She deserves that AG.