Options

Battlegrounds roster: half 6* half 1*

I thought it was cheesey and a little cleaver that I had a match vs someone who stacked their roster with half 6* and half 1* champs. The pool to choose from only had all 1* once so I guess my opponent got what they wanted. Well, they also got the L so maybe not exactly what they wanted. Anyone else come across this?

Comments

• Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,186 ★★★★★
    I have yet to lose to a sandbagger, and the last one or two I faced had at least one fight where they had to pick a low rarity. So keep on sandbagging people. It “works”, LOL.
  • Options
    ThePharcideThePharcide Posts: 212 ★★★
    I think Kabam need to code something in that will force the lower rarity picks if there is a star difference of 2 or more. So if you have 5&6 stars it’s free game. But if you have 1/2/3/4 they force you to take the 1’s
  • Options
    ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    I went against someone who tried sandbagging as his BG roster had at least 10+ 1 and 2 stars. It's safe to say it doesn't work otherwise I guarantee he wouldn't have been facing me (16.4k prestige).

I was grateful for the easy win.and would love for more people to try that strategy against me.
  • Options
    MackeyMackey Posts: 1,569 ★★★★★
    Yep, come across it quite a bit throughout VT I guess some folk think you can still sandbag but easy win for us when we do come across them 🤘😂
  • Options
    Mackey said:

Yep, come across it quite a bit throughout VT I guess some folk think you can still sandbag but easy win for us when we do come across them 🤘😂

Or just people who never bothered to change their decks from prior seasons, and don’t really care about BG anyways, just doing some matches for points or objectives. Or to mess with the minds of people who see them doing that.

Or could have done a deck specific to previous season when only certain champs were good, so filled out rest of deck with obviously low versions of other champs (to easily identify those that they DON'T want to use anyways). Not sure if this season has same champ-specific needs based on current node buffs or not, or if just leftover decks from last season.
  • Options
    Marvelfan30Marvelfan30 Posts: 1,165 ★★★★
    Sandbagging doesn't work anymore lmao but the matchmaking is terrible rn
  • Options

I think Kabam need to code something in that will force the lower rarity picks if there is a star difference of 2 or more. So if you have 5&6 stars it’s free game. But if you have 1/2/3/4 they force you to take the 1’s

That would punish new UC players that want to jump in but only have a few 5* or 6* champs to use, with the rest being 4* or even 3* champs. Those guys would just be doing their best in their deck.

Nothing really needs to be done to the 2* deck people any more, because the game no longer matches on deck strength, which means 2* champs in your deck have no advantage but the theoretical disadvantage of having to use them occasionally. They are just self-nerfing their own deck.