**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

How... Does this even happen

Marvelfan30Marvelfan30 Posts: 1,153 ★★★★

Like c'mon fix the matchmaking
This cost me diamond 2

Comments

• Options
    og_steeleog_steele Posts: 80
    I'm banning KP, Fury, Maw. Wbu guys??
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,806 ★★★★★
    og_steele said:

depends on if there’s a void somewhere down the roster or not
  • Options
    og_steeleog_steele Posts: 80

og_steele said:

I have KP, Falcon, Elsa and Moleman in my lineup bro I'm not worried about Void tbh. Now if I see a R3 or R4 Void then well.... I will consider that as a ban for sure. But if he's only R2? Nah, I'm smoking him if I get 1 of my counters which I typically do.
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,806 ★★★★★
    og_steele said:

og_steele said:

I have KP, Falcon, Elsa and Moleman in my lineup bro I'm not worried about Void tbh. Now if I see a R3 or R4 Void then well.... I will consider that as a ban for sure. But if he's only R2? Nah, I'm smoking him if I get 1 of my counters which I typically do.
    i have one of these and he’s not high enough to counter anything so i’m banning him
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    That's pretty accurate for D2.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,036 ★★★★★

This cost me diamond 2

How does this show bad matchmaking?
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    The last 2 matches were uncollected ppl with 4*s still in their deck matchmaking is ****
    And I'm in diamond 3 on my way to diamond 2
    And I know I'm not the only one getting matched up with ppl who's account are 3x the size of theirs so don't even. this is literally all I have been going against all season and I keep losing and getting absolutely nowhere 2 matches I win then I get trampled by a 3mil acc with a whole row of r4's and most of you on this I bet are paragons so you don't even care so zip it
  • Options
    Here is other matches that have cost me progression

• Options
    GogiGogi Posts: 441 ★★★
    Nocko said:

The last 2 matches were uncollected ppl with 4*s still in their deck matchmaking is ****
    And I know I'm not the only one getting matched up with ppl who's account are 3x the size of theirs so don't even. this is literally all I have been going against all season and I keep losing and getting absolutely nowhere 2 matches I win then I get trampled by a 3mil acc with a whole row of r4's and most of you on this I bet are paragons so you don't even care so zip it

This is why the current system is fundamentally broken
    This guy, playing for the same rewards as other paragon players is getting matched with uncollected players whilst paragon’s eat each other alive in gold and silver brackets… smh

Frankly this guy should be playing a teir of VT seperate to paragon and where rewards are tailored more appropriately at this progression level imo..
    Similar to how the structure and rewards are in incursions which is based on your roster.

It’s not that it’s hard for me to progress and collect rewards that I dislike. That’s the nature of the game mode, it’s that people are able to progress much quicker and easier than me because their rosters aren’t as strong. A strong roster disadvantages players in this mode

Yeah I have no idea what Kabam was thinking with that matchmaking system. They want it to be competitive but are dividing it. You should be able to match against all and not just based on your roster. A league with 20 teams where 4 are really good and rest are mediocre, does not play only against top 4. They play against all 19 teams, in the end they are competing for the same rewards..
  • Options
    VydraVydra Posts: 125 ★★

Can I ask how you know that?

If you played, you’d know

• Options
    Nocko said:

Gogi said:

Nocko said:

This guy, playing for the same rewards as other paragon players is getting matched with uncollected players whilst paragon’s eat each other alive in gold and silver brackets… smh

Frankly this guy should be playing a teir of VT seperate to paragon and where rewards are tailored more appropriately at this progression level imo..
    Similar to how the structure and rewards are in incursions which is based on your roster.

It’s not that it’s hard for me to progress and collect rewards that I dislike. That’s the nature of the game mode, it’s that people are able to progress much quicker and easier than me because their rosters aren’t as strong. A strong roster disadvantages players in this mode

Yeah I have no idea what Kabam was thinking with that matchmaking system. They want it to be competitive but are dividing it. You should be able to match against all and not just based on your roster. A league with 20 teams where 4 are really good and rest are mediocre, does not play only against top 4. They play against all 19 teams, in the end they are competing for the same rewards..
    Correct
    Great anaology. There are good teams and bad teams, and there are strong teams and weak teams... and the good and strong teams rise to the top in an even competition.... that's how this should work under this system. You play everyone and you land where you land...

Take the ESL for example, if the top 4 only played the top 4, they'd never win the league. If the bottom 4 teams just get to always play the bottom 4 teams they'd be artiifically high..

Everyone should have to play everyone and then we get a fair result... or relegate the bad team (players) to a lower league and let them compete with players of their level... the answer CANNOT be Southmouth get to just play Bournemouth, Everton (lol) and Leeds and think they should be in UEFA... and nor can it be Liverpool, Man City, Chelsea and co only play each other and then miss out...

thats not how fair sport works, its not fair PvP. That's a handicap system for the same prize money
    Say who do you support? 👀

• Options
    Nocko said:

Gogi said:

Nocko said:

Correct
    Great anaology. There are good teams and bad teams, and there are strong teams and weak teams... and the good and strong teams rise to the top in an even competition.... that's how this should work under this system. You play everyone and you land where you land...

Take the ESL for example, if the top 4 only played the top 4, they'd never win the league. If the bottom 4 teams just get to always play the bottom 4 teams they'd be artiifically high..

Everyone should have to play everyone and then we get a fair result... or relegate the bad team (players) to a lower league and let them compete with players of their level... the answer CANNOT be Southmouth get to just play Bournemouth, Everton (lol) and Leeds and think they should be in UEFA... and nor can it be Liverpool, Man City, Chelsea and co only play each other and then miss out...

thats not how fair sport works, its not fair PvP. That's a handicap system for the same prize money
    Say who do you support? 👀

Ahhh hammers! Yes that was a good analogy, never saw it that way.

I think it’s DNA who suggested on another thread we should have points based system for matchmaking as well and that should be the basis for matchmaking….or something along those lines lol

But I don’t know. I’m mixed on VT matchmaking but this should definitely be the way for GC since it’s considered the pinnacle league

• Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,685 ★★★★★
    edited March 2023
    eweeww. Are you a cockroach or cane toad?
  • Options
    I wish I was this guy you faced, would have such an easy win. Instead, as an early Paragon i had to deal with even bigger accounts and yet still I managed to get to GC. Stop crying, git good or go home.
  • Options

I wish I was this guy you faced, would have such an easy win. Instead, as an early Paragon i had to deal with even bigger accounts and yet still I managed to get to GC. Stop crying, git good or go home.

If I could snap my finger and magically get good I would but how unrealistic is that so I don't wanna here that good for you getting to gc I bet your acc is larger than mine so idc about what you gotta say bc it is irrelevant
  • Options
    SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,635 ★★★★★

Let me expound upon just some of the assumptions you made here.
    1. matchmaking matches you up with a variety of accounts based on your victory track level. You, trying to make it to the free-for-all that is GC, complain when you get accounts that are more built out than yours instead of just lower level accounts. Matchmaking = unfair when it doesn't only place you against accounts that are lower than yours.
    2. You then state that you know that your account isn''t alone in getting matched up against other accounts that are higher ranked. You getting matched with lower accounts = fair. You getting matched with higher accounts when other players at your level also get matched against the same levels = unfair to the point that nobody can even argue with you.
    3. This is literally all you have been going against all season, despite the fact that you just said that you got two matches in a row that still had 4* champs in them.
    4. You being in diamond 3 = getting absolutely nowhere because the game is unfairly rigged against you.
    5. Most of the people on the forums are Paragons (which is just not a true statement, but it is true that many invested players try to help out lower level players that come to forums for advice, so there probably is a slightly larger amount of Paragon players than is represented in-game).
    6. Paragons don't care about what you think is an unfair game mechanic that also would seem to greatly impact them as they are the people that you are fighting against.. at least 1/3 of the time. It is impossible for humans to objectively view a situation or empathize with another human with different circumstances.
    7. Paragons Most forums users don't care about this and therefore have no valid opinions and should not reply. Nothing they say could be helpful, nor could they possibly have been in your shoes before.

And I haven't even gotten started on whether or not matching differently built accounts qualifies as fair. There was just too much with this statement that I couldn't look past.
  • Options
    TheWatcher_TheWatcher_ Posts: 153

This cost me diamond 2

you are pretty lucky to have reached D1 with a roster like that. This should not be a surprise since you are both competing for the same rewards.
  • Options

Can I ask how you know that?

I see what you're saying here. I haven't been in D2, ha-ha.
    I'm looking at the range of Matches, and it's reasonable. Especially if the OP is in D2. That kind of difference is not out of sorts.
    Can I ask what your point is?
  • Options

If I could snap my finger and magically get good I would but how unrealistic is that so I don't wanna here that good for you getting to gc I bet your acc is larger than mine so idc about what you gotta say bc it is irrelevant
    You shouldn’t get the rewards I will get, simply because you’re not where I am at the progression level. These rewards could be game changing for you (with one r3 Nimrod on your account) and will be mediocre at best for me. Now, my total hero rating is 1.9M and I’m facing accounts with 4+M ratings. I lose sometimes, I’ve been stuck at Diamond 1 for 4 days, played more than 50 matches until it finally worked. Sadly not once in the entire VT journey I’ve been blessed with going against account of my size (not to mention smaller account), so your point of “roster too big for me, I want rewards for doing nothing or humiliating smaller, easy players” is absolutely ridiculous. Be able to win with beefy accounts like majority of us do (except of very small accounts that could do the VT early enough) and you will not need to cry on the forum for help with something that is affecting every single player. Trust me, as soon as you get to GC (where you should not be with your roster) you will be squeezed by players bigger than you immediately, to a point where you will feel that you are just the source of their pts progression. You’re not better than us, from game perspective your chances should be equal to ours. Again, stop crying, git good or go home. And be grateful for being in Diamond 3, because bigger and more skilled players than you are still stuck in lower tiers.
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Saying people want something for nothing is a stretch.