**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Opinions on Trello

DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
edited March 2023 in General Discussion
I’ve found Trello to be at times useful and at other times out of date. I’m a little disappointed because I hoped it would be a more efficient location for the team to communicate about bugs and progress.

Any other opinions?

Dr. Zola

Comments

• WinterFieldsWinterFields Posts: 659 ★★★★
    If it helps them fix the bugs faster then I'm for it. However, with this month's massive amount of problems, I have some doubt.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

DrZola said:

One of the things I find is that bugs may get fixed but Trello still shows them as active.

I wonder if this and the Bugs page are each something that different teams work on. It doesn’t feel like there is consistency between forums and Trello.

Dr. Zola

If their QA team works anything like how the ones I’ve worked in do, the Trello is merely a place for the players to see some of what they’re working on. They’ll likely have an internal bug reporting software (DevSuite, Jira, or something similar) that the devs are using to fix bugs via a priority system that I would hope that they’re using (A - D ranking with A causing hard locks in the game or things that prevent the game from moving forward and D being cosmetic things that are last on the list usually). All of this is to say… The Trello isn’t a reliable source of the most up to date fixes as they have to update that manually based on what they’ve done in their built in testing software.
    Good info. That’s what I would have gathered. And that leads to me to wonder why there’s a Trello in the first place. I suppose it’s nice to see *something* is being done and that might build confidence, but if Trello doesn’t get updated, then I would suppose it serves to undermine confidence that bugs are as much as concern as players think they should be.

Dr. Zola
  • rcm2017rcm2017 Posts: 570 ★★★
    DrZola said:

I’ve found Trello to be at times useful and at other times out of date. I’m a little disappointed because I hoped it would be a more efficient location for the team to communicate about bugs and progress.

Any other opinions?

Dr. Zola

My BG's error post got closed and i was redirected to Trello, I found it more sterssful than BG and moved on lol...🤣 i only play when the objectives are live. I dont care now and its made my life peaceful😊🙏
  • ElthanElthan Posts: 82 ★★
    Totally useless.

Howard the Duck has been bugged since January. I and others reported the bug several times on the forum. I even have tagged Kabam Jax but we've been ignored so far and the thread is being constantly drowned to the fifth/sixth page so it has no visibility.

The Trello hasn't been updated with the bug reported and the latest MCOC version doesn't have mention of a fix for Howard. What a joke.

By the way, if you wonder what's the bug for Howard: on manual mode, at the beginning of the fight, the smash button doesn't work and Howard cannot gain armor ups.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,567 ★★★★★
    FiiNCH said:

Waste of time. The bugs and issue we care about don’t get acknowledged in any meaningful way. Standard Kabam practice of sweep it under the carpet.

Agree 1000%

Total waste of time .
    There’s a forum here ; if they can’t keep track and be transparent about bugs here and prove updates , a 3rd party site isn’t going to help us either.
    edited March 2023

Thanks for the feedback! I will admit that our board needs some love and work. I am invested in making it work, so I would love to hear exactly what it is you'd like to see on the board?

Maintaining a Forum for this is pretty difficult for both us, and those looking for information, so I want to make it a one stop shop for bug awareness. What do you want to see more of, or would find helpful?

Be constructive and direct, but kind. I am going to use your words as direct feedback to our team to show them what you want to see.

It took me over NINE months posting on these forums, complete with several videos , device info , just to get a bug confirmed here on the forums (no battlegrounds fight timer). I also reported via email support, which was a joke, and saw zero action or acknowledgement.

I followed all protocols for reporting a bug and got ignored for several months. A 3rd party app doesn’t mean anything to me if I can’t even get a simple “we are checking into that” for 9 months on the forums. What benefit is the 3rd party site going to offer me? With all due respect I don’t and will not check a 3rd party site to check anything about MCoC bugs.

• Noob_Master69Noob_Master69 Posts: 677 ★★★★

Thanks for the feedback! I will admit that our board needs some love and work. I am invested in making it work, so I would love to hear exactly what it is you'd like to see on the board?

Maintaining a Forum for this is pretty difficult for both us, and those looking for information, so I want to make it a one stop shop for bug awareness. What do you want to see more of, or would find helpful?

Be constructive and direct, but kind. I am going to use your words as direct feedback to our team to show them what you want to see.

Something others haven't mentioned yet, it seems some cards don't get the correct tags or the tags are not updated. I see a lot of things labeled with "New Addition" even going back to October. I don't think that qualifies as "new". This makes it hard to find out what bugs are actually new or not (I like to look at the BugTracker every so often to see if there are any things I should keep in mind, not even specifically when I'm having an issue)

Depending on how much user data is needed for certain investigations I think it could be helpful to link to a specific thread here on the forums where the bug was reported so other people can send in device info, or just so that people can see a bit more about the bug

And something I'd like to have but would completely understand if it's not possible is update/status reports on certain bugs that have been on the board for longer amounts of time to give the feeling that it's still actively being worked on
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,587 ★★★★★

Agree with the requests for at a minimum monthly updates. Also flagging/tagging any issues the team seems worthy of a compensation package along with delivery timelines for days compensation and a closure date for when compensation has been issued.

Howard and vision aou were bugged for months before they got acknowledged. and somehow jax always comes in and says oops idk how this slipped by.

You can post and post about obscurely used champ bugs but they never get acknowledged on time.
    Herc bug a few weeks ago got addressed and fixed really quickly.

This is something that would be helpful in a number of ways: other than screaming on the forums, perhaps we could have a dedicated and streamlined process for reporting and documenting bugs?

Sure—there’s the bug reporting form. But I doubt anyone feels like that gets put anywhere other than the virtual “circular file” and that feeds discord and mistrust.

What would that look like? How could it work so that what gets provided could actually be useful to the team?

Dr. Zola
  • LilMaddogHTLilMaddogHT Posts: 1,165 ★★★★
    @Kabam Miike - Few suggestions for an enhanced Trello experience:

1. Have date/timestamps visible for each action (Under Investigation, Unable to Repro/Need More Info, Fix in Development, Fixed in Future Update, Fix Live). When was it added/acknowledged (most have a date/time when it was added to a category but not all), when the bug was identified for a solution on Kabam's side, when some form of testing/reseach was done (this may not fix under the existing actions), and when it's going Live or actually goes live - the MCOC version that corresponds. These additional details will help us see & give us Summoners some confidence that progress is being made and it's not just on the board and forgotten. I'm not saying that stuff on the board is forgotten but because we cannot see the progress of how it's being worked on, it kind of looks like that for many items (particularly long standing ones)

2. If there is a 'main' forum thread that is reporting a bug (there should be one...), associate that link in the Trello bug page so it can be easily referenced by the summoners. If we need to give more info/details/examples or we just want more specifics on what the bug is, we know where to go read about it and post additional info, rather than creating a new thread.

3. Is there a way to separate the Fix Lives after it has been say a month or version release has passed. A more concise view of items that are current vs historical would be helpful.
    How about you just compile and maintain the known bugs and issues here on the forums like it’s been done for 7-8 years prior ?

None of my alliance mates know anything about another website to check for bugs or updates and we’ve been together since Feb 2015 .
  • xLunatiXxxLunatiXx Posts: 1,122 ★★★★
    Increase bug acknowledgement rate. Looking at you HtD
  • vertiGovertiGo Posts: 84
    I've summarised a bunch of my thoughts in a bug report open letter (which was ignored as a post) but I do feel Trello isn't utilised in any meaningful way as it currently stands.

In terms of how it's used, and it's visibility it seems an awful lot like it's forgotten by Devs and invisible to the vast majority of forum users.
    xLunatiXx said:

This would almost single-handedly help with bugs and community sentiment if there were a dedicated place that enumerated the bugs that had been “accepted” for investigation.

Often, it feels like we submit reports into the ether. Did someone read it? Did someone receive it? Does anyone care?

I realize there are quite a few false alarms. But there are also quite a few legitimate bugs that just…continue without any word of acknowledgment.

Whether it’s Trello or not, that should change. Define the process, establish what needs to be provided to make a legit report (and don’t make that super onerous), then let players know if you’re looking into it or not. That’s the starting point for all big reporting.

Dr. Zola
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,587 ★★★★★
    xLunatiXx said:

I’m looking at the situation with inputs that got a big “mission accomplished” banner when players are still dealing with it. Still no acknowledgment that the emoji update made the situation worse for many players.

Also looking at visual prompts like stuns not preventing AI reaction time
  • Noob_Master69Noob_Master69 Posts: 677 ★★★★
    DrZola said:

xLunatiXx said:

This would almost single-handedly help with bugs and community sentiment if there were a dedicated place that enumerated the bugs that had been “accepted” for investigation.

Often, it feels like we submit reports into the ether. Did someone read it? Did someone receive it? Does anyone care?

I realize there are quite a few false alarms. But there are also quite a few legitimate bugs that just…continue without any word of acknowledgment.

Whether it’s Trello or not, that should change. Define the process, establish what needs to be provided to make a legit report (and don’t make that super onerous), then let players know if you’re looking into it or not. That’s the starting point for all big reporting.

Dr. Zola
    Exactly this! Even if it was a mod just commenting "Noted" under a bug report that has been read and might be adressed it would make it feel less like a scream into the void