**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is there a way to unequip legends title?

2»

Comments

• GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★

Greekhit said:

Siva22ak said:

@GinjabredMonsta this picture for you brother first kabam need to rid of all modders

Ok? And there are modders with other titles too. They need to be removed. My statement stands, if modders devalue this title, then pretty much every special title or reward that has been and will be is already devalued due to modders. I agree, modders should be taken care of, and hopefully actual modded accounts get banned, but this doesn’t devalue the title.
    Previously someone with all 1* champs could not get the Legends title - now someone with 1* champs has the Legends title. it's impossible to know if they cheated or earned it legitimately. That's the difference, hopefully you can comprehend this.
    You think a modder can do a 25 zones Incursions run with 1* champs, but can’t do an EQ Legend run with 1* champs?
    It’s the same for a modded account.
    If Kabam investigates both situations, they would see it’s impossible to do legitimately.

This is different because their partner can carry them and makes it far easier to keep the rewards because you can claim ignorance.
    Anyway, there is no reason to be upset.
    They acquire different title from Incursions than yours.
    Only the Legend status is the same.
    So still EQ speedrun is a different achievement 😉
  • SkunkcabbageSkunkcabbage Posts: 204 ★★
    Greekhit said:

Greekhit said:

Siva22ak said:

@GinjabredMonsta this picture for you brother first kabam need to rid of all modders

Ok? And there are modders with other titles too. They need to be removed. My statement stands, if modders devalue this title, then pretty much every special title or reward that has been and will be is already devalued due to modders. I agree, modders should be taken care of, and hopefully actual modded accounts get banned, but this doesn’t devalue the title.
    Previously someone with all 1* champs could not get the Legends title - now someone with 1* champs has the Legends title. it's impossible to know if they cheated or earned it legitimately. That's the difference, hopefully you can comprehend this.
    You think a modder can do a 25 zones Incursions run with 1* champs, but can’t do an EQ Legend run with 1* champs?
    It’s the same for a modded account.
    If Kabam investigates both situations, they would see it’s impossible to do legitimately.

This is different because their partner can carry them and makes it far easier to keep the rewards because you can claim ignorance.
    Anyway, there is no reason to be upset.
    They acquire different title from Incursions than yours.
    Only the Legend status is the same.
    So still EQ speedrun is a different achievement 😉
    I wish the Legend tag they got looked different so that I don't feel so associated to those Modder accounts that have it though. In the meantime I'd be happy with the option to unequip it to distance myself.
  • DarkEternityDarkEternity Posts: 784 ★★★★
    Personally, I could care less if modders have it. Gate keeping something because you want to be seen as “special” has always been funny to me. While I do think it’s a little easy to get for a legends title I then think about how comparatively easy it is to do a legends run so long as you have suicides & an iPhone and it suddenly doesn’t seem so special. Personally, I never did a legends run because it seemed pointless and a waste of time. In comparison, Conduit For Revenge was an interesting challenge. It wasn’t really that hard (sure I did get roadblocked on my first run which forced a restart but so what?), it didn’t cost me any units because of the store (I did it day 1, for reference), and the new eternal hacks make the fights enjoyable. On a side note, I do believe that story legends and war legends should have a different badge than EQ & Conduit legends as their achievements are far greater.
  • TSanTSan Posts: 14
    The problem is not Level 10 cheaters who have received the Legend title. These are still dead accounts. The problem is who these cheaters went with, or rather, who they led. For a long time there has been a "service" (and this month it is offered especially often) - for the passage of 25 rooms. They take an empty twink, which is not a pity, put cheats and break through all 25 rooms with them. And the person who paid $ is following the same path. Profit. And the funny thing is that if Kabam bans someone, then nobody needs a twink. But considering what is happening in Btg, no one will be banned.
  • Prismane1269Prismane1269 Posts: 215
    Kabam should scan all these -incursion legend Modders and ban them permanently rather than giving a temporary 7 or 30 days ban.
  • Rudolph_RaindeerRudolph_Raindeer Posts: 257 ★★
    Maybe someone used a mod to get the titel, and now it has become apparent to them that the titel sort of put them in a position where it becomes harder to hide their mod use...
  • roastedbagelroastedbagel Posts: 347 ★★★
    edited March 2023
    Odachi said:

It has completly undervalued the entire legend system

I'd argue the entire system was undervalued 5 years ago when anyone could get it barring you had an iPhone, Corvus, and 4 hours.

And the people who deserved to be upset about it were the ones doing the actual skilled work of finishing running the latest everests.

Ater Corvus came out, recruiting people for AW focused alliances became wayyy harder. I can't count the number of times we had to replace new members days after them joining after watching them get 3x KOd 0/15 items only 2-3 fights into AW. There was a solid year or so where the Legends title *actually* helped us identify worthy recruits.

Though despite all that waxing poetic of the older days, even today as we speak right now in the current climate 5 years later, I'm convinced that completing 25 zones is way more impressive and deserving than running through EQ fastest - which nowadays is proven and conquerer....
  • legalactionlegalaction Posts: 182 ★★

Getting a legend title from sector 25 in incursions seems a lot more reasonable than getting one by doing Proven EQ fast lol. I don't know why this would make you want to get rid of your legend status.

Because modders have devalued it, like the Abyss title/profile pic.
    Devalued it to who though? To the people who actually fought their way to room 25 through some of the most insane node combos, it may be priceless to them. If this is devalued and going to be seen as a lesser title than the time trial ones, then I see no difference. With the logic that it’s devalued due to modders, then by that logic anything that was a special reward for game modes or events and anything in the future is devalued because modders and cheaters. There’s always modders and cheaters, that shouldn’t devalue something that still is hard to obtained and obtained through legitimate means by players
    That's your opinion, my opinion is just that, modders need to be exterminated from the game to make these titles mean something again.

With your logic, kabam should give players who earned this title the option to declare whether it was earned through modding or regular hard work.

I do however agree with you on your opinion that getting a legends title the honest way is still hard
  • CorkscrewCorkscrew Posts: 532 ★★★

Though despite all that waxing poetic of the older days, even today as we speak right now in the current climate 5 years later, I'm convinced that completing 25 zones is way more impressive and deserving than running through EQ fastest - which nowadays is proven and conquerer....

As someone who just got a Legend's title last month. I can't agree with this more. The difference is that it's the first time I've attempted with an iPhone. I legitimately cannot play as well on my iPhone as my Android device because the touch input is wacky. However, the game loads much faster. So if all I have to do is a light intercept to clear most of it, doesn't take much skill. I was in the top half and thought my run during proven was super slow.

I've faced a ton of Legends in BGs attempting to sandbag. We've had Legends in our alliance that gave tons of deaths. I used to cringe when people ran double Corvus and would get annihilated. I'm glad I got the title, but realistically - it's just for the completist in me.
  • ChromeChrome Posts: 14
    I think kabam should change the title from red, to yellow and remove the legend badge. Bad call putting it in incursions
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    Chrome said:

I think kabam should change the title from red, to yellow and remove the legend badge. Bad call putting it in incursions

Yeah bad call putting it in incursions, where someone has to beat zone 25, but it was always a good call being put at Proven/Conqueror exploration 😂
  • Chrome said:

I agree, and while they are at it, they should take it off of the time challenge and make it green and call it speed runner
  • Prismane1269Prismane1269 Posts: 215
    edited March 2023
    Chrome said:

Agree with u. At least, they should remove that legend badge(from modded accs)