**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

From the Global Chat discussions, it's starting to look like that the "LEGEND TITLE" has...

ValrozValroz Posts: 184 ★★
...become associated with modding, cheating, "carrying..."

If this trend goes on, it would probably be embarrassing to have a LEGEND Title especially if it was obtained through this month's incursion danger rooms.

Comments

• Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,587 ★★★★★
    Valroz said:

If this trend goes on, it would probably be embarrassing to have a LEGEND Title especially if it was obtained through this month's incursion danger rooms.

I was excited to see it as a reward as personally I think the zone 25 push is a far greater indicator of skill than blitzing 2 or the lower EQ difficulties for 3.5 hours. So I went and got it.

Now that I have it and I see how shameless so much of the community is at low, medium, and top tiers it feels dirty to have it. By not taking the issues around cheating seriously it really is starting to ruin the game as hard earned accolades for sincere players are a joke to these scumbags.

Now, with a game with this much data to mine there is a part of me that hope that this kind of cheating will be really easy to catch, detect and punish. As it should hopefully be possible to find out who got a Legend tag last week, this month, the time stamp they got it, and if they were playing incursions solo or with another gamer. I’m sure an investigation like this will cost resources… but when you are being defrauded as a company at this scale wouldn’t you at least attempt it?

Lastly, the current punishment structure is far far too weak, there is no teeth to how modding and cheating is treated, so as a community we suffer from this massive influx. The stick punishing these cheaters seems to miss too often, and when it connects it might as well be a chop stick. There needs to be more severe bans like starting at a 30day ban, and your account is reset to remove any progress that occurred during the time you were found to be cheating, including any rewards that might have been obtained fairly during that time. It doesn’t matter your account integrity is compromised and the game team shouldn’t be expected to figure out which is which. 30 days should also allow for an appeal process for any accounts that may have been caught by accident or for smaller infringements (like trying to broadcast to another screen while playing).
  • Options
    No_Dollar_BillNo_Dollar_Bill Posts: 35
    Coming from someone who made a few tries at monthly Legend runs but has an older device and couldn't quite be as fast as the owners of the latest and most expensive phones, I was glad to have the opportunity to bag the title (legitimately, I might add) from some harder content. I felt it was a nice reward from Kabam for those of us who don't have the best devices but the ability to clear Room 25. Or people can be all kinds of salty. The good news is it's even easier to pick out the bogus accounts now that have made a shame out of what is really a nice perk.
  • Options
    Mackey said:

BigBlueOx said:

Valroz said:

Now that I have it and I see how shameless so much of the community is at low, medium, and top tiers it feels dirty to have it.
    Why do you feel dirty? Did you exploit the game in order to get it? If not then wear it proudly, you got it throughout legitimate means and I agree that it shows more skill to get to level 25 legitimately than it does to do the legend time run

Because while I earned mine cleanly, the perception of the tag is more closely aligned to cheating at this moment in time than skill
  • Options
    AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    edited March 2023

AMS94 said:

Valroz said:

I know many players who initially planned to push for zone 25 just to get that title, but have now changed their minds seeing this fiasco
    This event has definitely reduced the value of the Legends title
    so you're telling me that getting the Legends title by doing proven and conquerer is more value? heck no . at least this event required more skill than better device.
    It would've had better value if not for the mod situation
    The earlier method of "use an iPhone, full suicides, full recoil, max boosts" was definitely a flawed criteria for giving away "legend" status but at least most of all who got legend that way were genuine accounts who put in the time & efforts
    But now we have Legend accounts with 2* & 1* champs in profile

Getting to zone 25 is definitely more skill based than what it used to be be & hence more deserving of being considered a Legend
  • Options
    FrozenLoganFrozenLogan Posts: 45
    BigBlueOx said:

Mackey said:

BigBlueOx said:

Valroz said:

Now that I have it and I see how shameless so much of the community is at low, medium, and top tiers it feels dirty to have it.
    Why do you feel dirty? Did you exploit the game in order to get it? If not then wear it proudly, you got it throughout legitimate means and I agree that it shows more skill to get to level 25 legitimately than it does to do the legend time run

Because while I earned mine cleanly, the perception of the tag is more closely aligned to cheating at this moment in time than skill
    Beating low level EQ quickly with Corvus/ghost and a newish iPhone is not the pinnacle of skill either.
  • Options

BigBlueOx said:

Mackey said:

BigBlueOx said:

Valroz said:

Beating low level EQ quickly with Corvus/ghost and a newish iPhone is not the pinnacle of skill either.
    True, but device speed credential association is definitely a step above association with cheaters
  • Options
    GeneralMerceGeneralMerce Posts: 236 ★★
    i think Kabam did this to identify the cheaters/modders. if i was Kabam I would use this is a cheater trap!
  • Options
    MackeyMackey Posts: 1,549 ★★★★★
    BigBlueOx said:

Mackey said:

BigBlueOx said:

Valroz said:

And that changes what you done to achieve yours how?
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    I wonder if you lot who aren't happy about this moan to your local supermarket about the thieves? They can get a crate of beers for nothing by stealing yet you'll go in and pay like a normal human
  • Options
    smy168 said:

Valroz said:

I got my Legends badges for both my accounts, I'm not embarrassed at all, I do Incursions on both accts anyway every reset for the awakening gems and 6* sigs...I get that there are modders out there that took/take advantage but I'm in the game 8 years and never wanted to waste effort on the EQ track, for garbage rewards spending units on energy...this was a great thing for me as someone that runs Incursions consistently and like the higher level of play to practice.

btw...both my accts are paragon, 1 is 8 years old, the other is 7 and I've completed EOP and Carinas for my 6r5s on both...I'm far from being embarrassed having the "legend" border...I could care less if you guys don't value the title but I do care that you guys b*t%h and moan about almost everything except whats important like Input issues...

Apologies if this sounds aggressive or offends but I'm speaking my mind on this..

Peace

Well said!
  • Options
    Mackey said:

I wonder if you lot who aren't happy about this moan to your local supermarket about the thieves? They can get a crate of beers for nothing by stealing yet you'll go in and pay like a normal human

I would if it ended up increasing the cost of my beer, and decreased the quality of the beer over time. Or if it caused my local supermarket to close their doors due to a loss of money from the repeated theft and now I couldn’t buy said beer anymore. Thanks for the example.

I completely understand your point about not worrying so much about what others do, but stealing and cheating like this aren’t victimless crimes. And there is a reason why it’s good for all of us that they are policed.

• Options
    Mackey said:

BigBlueOx said:

Mackey said:

BigBlueOx said:

Valroz said:

In short, no. But it may cause others to perceive my account in a negative light now, which sucks. And if I say nothing than in a way it condones what they done, which I don’t. Do you?
  • Options
    Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Posts: 2,534 ★★★★★
    I really don’t understand the big deal with having it. It doesn’t mean anything except you wasted boosts and a ton of energy. It’s hilarious to me that people are so upset over it.
  • Options
    BigBlueOx said:

Mackey said:

I would if it ended up increasing the cost of my beer, and decreased the quality of the beer over time. Or if it caused my local supermarket to close their doors due to a loss of money from the repeated theft and now I couldn’t buy said beer anymore. Thanks for the example.

I completely understand your point about not worrying so much about what others do, but stealing and cheating like this aren’t victimless crimes. And there is a reason why it’s good for all of us that they are policed.

But the legend title hasn't been reduced or increased in the requirements to get one has it? you still have to go through to room 25 OR do a timed run of EQ, that hasn't changed. The quality you mention though is just perspective, you see it as it reducing your title worthiness but in reality it's exactly the same as it was before this month incursions. People pilot etc to get the monthly legend title via the EQ 🤷‍♂️.

I'm gearing up for a run to get it at the end of the month and I'm looking forward to doing so as I want that title not because I want everyone to see it but because I want it. It holds a certain amount of quality/value to me irrespective of modding.

Out of curiosity though, what would you like kabam to do?
  • Options
    BigBlueOx said:

Mackey said:

BigBlueOx said:

Mackey said:

BigBlueOx said:

Valroz said:

In short, no. But it may cause others to perceive my account in a negative light now, which sucks. And if I say nothing than in a way it condones what they done, which I don’t. Do you?
    I don't agree with modding please don't think that's what I'm saying. I'm simply trying to say play the game for you, not for what others see. If they see your legend title and say you've modding then just laugh at them, you know you haven't and that is quite literally all that matters
  • Options
    Mackey said:

BigBlueOx said:

Mackey said:

But the legend title hasn't been reduced or increased in the requirements to get one has it? you still have to go through to room 25 OR do a timed run of EQ, that hasn't changed. The quality you mention though is just perspective, you see it as it reducing your title worthiness but in reality it's exactly the same as it was before this month incursions. People pilot etc to get the monthly legend title via the EQ 🤷‍♂️.

I'm gearing up for a run to get it at the end of the month and I'm looking forward to doing so as I want that title not because I want everyone to see it but because I want it. It holds a certain amount of quality/value to me irrespective of modding.

I’d really like another update on Cheaters with their take on this specific issue. Philosophically I agree with your take as it’s psychologically quite healthy. I’ve stated my disagreement but I’m also done beating my drum too. It really is a point in Time problem, in 6 months I’ll care less and I’ll have a title earned through more skill than the EQ one. If you’ve never done a zone 25 push feel free to hit me up for tips. While we don’t align 100%, who does? And I’ll always respect people who converse in good faith.
  • Options
    PandingoPandingo Posts: 718 ★★★
    Legends runs are rigged and iDevice users have ways had an unfair advantage over Android users due to the compounded load times. Since kabam includes load times in legends runs its not even worth doing unless you mod or have an iDevice. I've personally done 5 with no luck and I have what many would consider a top tier account (as I own all but 3 champions) so I personally am thrilled at a different opportunity to obtain this title without having to compete unfairly in timed based events. That coupled with the paragon ticket upgrade are for once showing some solid effort to improve imo
  • Options
    shut_up_heathershut_up_heather Posts: 285 ★★
    I got Silent but Dangerous with a friend. I accidentally set it for Zone 1. :/
  • Options
    BigBlueOx said:

Mackey said:

BigBlueOx said:

Mackey said:

I’d really like another update on Cheaters with their take on this specific issue. Philosophically I agree with your take as it’s psychologically quite healthy. I’ve stated my disagreement but I’m also done beating my drum too. It really is a point in Time problem, in 6 months I’ll care less and I’ll have a title earned through more skill than the EQ one. If you’ve never done a zone 25 push feel free to hit me up for tips. While we don’t align 100%, who does? And I’ll always respect people who converse in good faith.
    Thats fair enough mate, I might just take you up on that offer when I am ready for my run! Regardless of what it looks like, congrats on your achievement 👌