**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Are You Enjoying Your Progression?

It’s halfway through the month and I realized that I haven’t jumped into the monthly EQ at all. I barely completed Cavalier difficulty last month and, honestly, I don’t feel like doing it anymore. I usually only play the EQ and side quests but now, I’m barely doing any of the content in this game.

This apathy towards the game comes from something that’s been brewing for a long time: I’m not enjoying my progression.

I’ve been playing MCOC every day for the past five years and have amassed a huge roster of over 1,000 champs with four R4 6* champs (Kitty Pryde, Tigra, Scorpion, & Black Cat) topping my list. I’ve also got 23 R3 champs, including top tier ones, like Hercules, Omega Red, Colossus, Apocalypse, Valkyrie, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Ghost, and Doctor Doom.

I should feel confident that I could get through most of the endgame content to a decent degree. Instead, I’m constantly seeing my top champs get melted away, like they’re R2 3*’s, from just a couple mistakes or, worse, input glitches. The best example of this was a few weeks ago, while I was casually playing Uncollected difficulty EQ for fun. The end boss for 3.1 defeated my entire team and finished me off by killed my R4 Tigra with a single SP2…85+% damage, instantly defeated, one mistake…at Uncollected difficulty?! It just didn’t feel right that my team of R3/R4 champs can get wrecked this easily at this difficulty.

I’m barely reaching each milestone before the next bump in progression hits. I became Uncollected a couple of months before Cavalier arrived…Became Cavalier a month before Thronebreaker showed up…Became Thronebreaker recently, after Paragon was already out. (I don’t even want to push for Paragon or invest too much in 7*’s or relics)

Each time, I only get to enjoy the benefits of my progression for a brief moment before the game moves the goalpost. I felt good that I was finally able to 100% explore Cavalier EQ, about two months ago, only to have the new spike in difficulty kick in the following week and make it so that I can barely complete it now. It’s like I’m regressing instead of progressing.

Anyway, I’m curious, are other players feeling the same way or am I just playing too casually and overthinking it?

Comments

• TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    Thanks to the banquet, I’ve been doing 100,000 points for every level up day all year. It’s ridiculous what it has done for my roster, but what I actually *get* out of these rankups is minimal. Niche metas for victory tracks, war defenders, a slightly easier EQ. It costs a lot to replace a 5/65 with a 6r3. It takes a lot of time to learn a new champ as well as you know an old one.

Anyway, I hit Paragon in late September. I’ve gone from 2 r4 champs to 13 in 6 months, and I spent less than $100 total. I’m happy with the progression but it’s hard to feel like you make good use of it all
  • H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,879 Guardian
    I'm quite happy with my progression. Currently sitting at 1 R5 being Crossbones, 21 R4s, 47 r3s. Don't really struggle much except in situations in war where I really want x champ at r3. So nowadays I'm just trying to r3 as many champs as I can, hoping to get to 70 r3s by the end of the year.
  • DJMNHDJMNH Posts: 720 ★★★
    Not happy with my progression. I get limited time to play, with so many contents to finish along with AW and AQ makes it little bit boring, as sometimes i either lack ISOs or Gold to upgrade my champs or sometimes lack of energy refills to clear various modes (MEQ, SQ, BGs, Back Issues Quest) in a day time when i can play the most.

i would be very happy if 1 and 2 energy points are used instead of 3.
    4* Duped gives 24 ISOs, Duping 5* should give 36-40 ISOs, and 6* should give 24 Tier 6 ISOs.