**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Battlegrounds Fix

I recently just realized the exact way to resolve the "expedite" issue with Battlegrounds (i.e. gladiator circuit players have to start all over at the beginning of the season and consequently step on the smaller account players getting back).

TLDR version:
1. Victory Track
2. Win streak (3 wins)
3. Wager current rank
4. Win >next rank/lose >prior rank

Benefits: big accounts and high skilled move up faster, all players still start from same place, all players still get rewards as progression happens. Non-sweaty try hard players get better matching quicker. Gambling is fun. Bonus benefit is that CHEATERS will clearly use this process so the "wager" matches (being a smaller pool of overall matches) is a smaller pool to scan for cheating. Cheaters will rise fast so the frontrunners can be scrutinized quicker.

Whole version:

Only within the victory track; When a player gets a three (or maybe just two) win streak, they will be allowed to "wager" their Rank badge (bronze, silver, gold, diamond etc) on their next match in order to instantly rise to the next rank (gold 3 to gold 2 for example). As long as the win streak continues, they can continue to wager. If they lose the wager, they lose the rank.

This solves all problems and accounts for all desired outcomes. All players start at the same place, but players with gladiator circuit potential will be able to gamble and rise faster. This will leave the remaining players to step slowly, but still affording all players the same opportunity. All players will rise every step so they can continue to get all prize packages that come with gaining rank. There is no downside. Plus the aspect of wagering on ones own performance is exciting.

Also, a cool addition might be gold wagers between players. On the first loading screen, before you see each other's champs, players could have the option to "bet" on themselves with gold. Maybe standard bets in increments of 100k gold. Sounds like a blast.

I'll accept donations for the idea.

Comments

• Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,669 Guardian
    Imagine wagering your rank just to have the disconnect bug or face a modder. I think this would cause more frustration within the gamemode which is one of the main problems players have with battlegrounds.

While it would work in theory to get good people to GC sooner, I think it'll just be better to have the seeding system kabam is working on so everyone doesn't start in the same spot or alternatively matching summoners based on elo to create more fair matchups.
  • Options
    LiamandJeffLiamandJeff Posts: 47
    I absolutely want everyone to begin at the same point. I feel Seeding, or privileged placement, is completely unfair in a PvP mode. When you're directly facing an opponent (1 on 1) everyone must start at the same line. Any privilege provided to any individual competitor shows favor. Imagine running a 100m race and since the winner of yesterday's race is running he gets to start 10m ahead. Competing for the same prize, all start at the same place.

The design of the game cannot be bent because "cheaters cheat". So if someone wagers their rank and gets paired with a modder then the process is still the same as when it happens currently. There are payers that can still beat the modders, and they are the players that need this wager system the most...to get ahead of the pack quicker.

I have no opinion on matching on P/L or prestige.
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,669 Guardian
    That's not a good sports analogy since victory track isn't a 100m race. Victory track isn't even a competition, it is just a ladder to climb. Competitions don't allow you to spend currency to give yourself unlimited victory shields to protect you from losing. In gladiator circuit everyone definitely should start at the same place because that's where the actual competition is. There is no roster matching for matchmaking and it is a true competition.

The game doesn't care if you're a middle schooler facing Usain Bolt in GC, you signed up for the same race, but in victory track you will almost never see a middle schooler match against Usain Bolt because there are current things put in place with matchmaking to protect the middle schoolers from facing Usain Bolts.
  • Options
    I see that you look at GC and VT like two different events (like two different arenas--General and Featured)
    But the obtainable REWARDS is the same stack of cash, therefore they are the same event and the analogy holds that VT is part of the race; though maybe Ill amend the analogy to a Bi-athalon. Would it POSSIBLY be considered fair if one player gets to skip 1 whole event of the the Bi-athalon just because the won event previously? I really think you are ignoring the obtainable reward is the same stack. If they separated the two (VT and GC) with separate piles of ranked rewards and you have to place top 1000 in VT to enter GC next season then I would be convinced by your position.

I agree that GC is more competitive. I disagree that VT isn't a competition (ladder is fine) because other players are literally allowed to knock you off a few rungs of the ladder. If your progression is affected by another player's action then its a competition, and that is simply definitionally.

Wagering your rank to progress faster is like the elite athletes sprinting the first mile as the less elite are forced to pace themselves more strictly.
  • Options
    Just Bumping Once for More Feedback (possibly to get a real valid criticism)

Also---My Retirement alliance is recruiting