**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Old Man Logan

So I just popped myself a 4* Old Man Logan. Is he any good? He's not duped, but I have a gem I could use on him and take him to level 22. Any advice would be appreciated

Comments

• Options
    KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    Do not waste resources on a 4 star OML. He's meh at best if you have DW maxed out.
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,768 ★★★★★
    I think you can rank him but not use an awakening gem.
    Signature Ability - Pop the Claws

When Logan pops his claws for a Special Attack, each attack has a (10 - 25%) chance to cause an additional Bleed for each charge of Pacifism he has at the time, inflicting 50% of your attack as direct damage over 3 seconds.
    The Bleed effects from Pop the Claws stacks infinitely and has a chance to trigger per Pacifism charge active.
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,682 ★★★★★
    He went cheap in the arena recently (I did both rounds) so dont dupe him, especially when there are a few really good mutants in the class.
  • Options
    old man logan is a good champion
  • Options
    charaderdude2charaderdude2 Posts: 1,530 ★★★
    edited November 2017
    Well,Logan is AWESOME for long-time fights,such as high-pi guys in war,Act 5,Rol,Lol etc.
    If you mess up and lose some health,and then hold your own,You would be back to full health in some time.

Personally,He's my favourite,I used him for my 1st ROL WS solo.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Well,Logan is AWESOME for long-time fights,such as high-pi guys in war,Act 5,Rol,Lol etc.
    If you mess up and lose some health,and then hold your own,You would be back to full health in some time.

Personally,He's my favourite,I used him for my 1st ROL WS solo.

Oh,and I have both the 4 and 5-Star version (both unduped,5* at 2/35,4* at 3/30)
  • Options
    KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    My biggest complaint with awakened OML is that it's not easy to get both pacifism charges and your damage buffs at the same time. You have to use specials while both are up to really get the most out of them.
  • Options
    MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    A lot of people are probably going to tell you he’s awful but I think you should make your own mind up about him. He’s one of my personal favourites and yes he is actually very useful as long as you know how to use him. I’ll start with his sig first because it massively improves him. From the description it doesn’t sound that impressive, but if you’re able to manage the pacifism charges well it’s really good. Basically unduped Logan has 2 ways to inflict bleed. His sp2 can inflict up to 3 relatively high damage bleeds and his sp3 guarantees one bleed (sp1 and 2 are far better than 3). Awakened he can inflict bleed on any special including sp1 as long as he has pacifism.

Let’s say you have 3 charges of pacifism when you launch a sp2. Sp2 has 3 hits. Awakened he will be able to inflict UP TO 4 bleeds on each hit with 3 charges of pacifism. So 12 total. 3 from his sig, and one from his unduped sp2 bleed. These are different bleeds with different damages and durations. The unduped bleed is stronger, but his sig is brutal when you get enough stacks. More pacifism=more likely to get a lot of stacks. As you can imagine Deep Wounds is particularly useful to have with Logan.

The same applies to his sp1. If you have 3 charges of pacifism you could get up to 3 bleeds from his sp1, up to 5 with 5 charges of pacifism and so on. Sp1 is great because it pierces 100% of the opponent’s armour. I’ve had crits of over 10k at r5.

Berserk is excellent for burst damage. Each time an opponent uses a special, or you lose 10% health he gains a charge of pacifism. Each time he gains he has a chance to go berserk with fury and cruelty. Again, if you get enough charges beforehand he hitsreally hard during berserk and bleed damage does scale up.

His Regen is more useful than it seems also. It’s permanent and recovers around 4.5k health per minute at r5 with recovery. Perfect for replacing lost health from chip damage when blocking and using parry. Play well and you can consider him a good Regen champ.

He shrugs bleed off 85% faster than normal. So you can easily go through a bleed node taking very little damage with his Regen on top of that. What’s left can heal up later in the fight. He’s a better all rounder than wolverine or x-23 with a great damage output and some healing. Bleed immunes are not an issue due to berserk and sp1 and you can choose not to inflict bleed on certain champs like cable, who will then put Degen on you in return.

Is he worth a gem? Entirely up to you, if you like him then I’d use a class gem. Not generic though. Also depends on what other mutants you have and what types of champs you need more of.

This is a pic from a while ago when I had him at 4/40. I deliberately took some hits to get my pacifism up but keep in mind that was only because the opponent wouldn’t have survived long enough otherwise. It’s very possible to repeat this by simply baiting specials and not taking damage. owibkmy9nsv9.jpeg
  • Options
    colbyscipio987colbyscipio987 Posts: 1,027 ★★
    some people worry me..... Some questions deserve to be left unanswer...
  • Options
    colbyscipio987colbyscipio987 Posts: 1,027 ★★
    well i heard he's garbage.....
  • Options
    A lot of people are probably going to tell you he’s awful but I think you should make your own mind up about him. He’s one of my personal favourites and yes he is actually very useful as long as you know how to use him. I’ll start with his sig first because it massively improves him. From the description it doesn’t sound that impressive, but if you’re able to manage the pacifism charges well it’s really good. Basically unduped Logan has 2 ways to inflict bleed. His sp2 can inflict up to 3 relatively high damage bleeds and his sp3 guarantees one bleed (sp1 and 2 are far better than 3). Awakened he can inflict bleed on any special including sp1 as long as he has pacifism.

Let’s say you have 3 charges of pacifism when you launch a sp2. Sp2 has 3 hits. Awakened he will be able to inflict UP TO 4 bleeds on each hit with 3 charges of pacifism. So 12 total. 3 from his sig, and one from his unduped sp2 bleed. These are different bleeds with different damages and durations. The unduped bleed is stronger, but his sig is brutal when you get enough stacks. More pacifism=more likely to get a lot of stacks. As you can imagine Deep Wounds is particularly useful to have with Logan.

The same applies to his sp1. If you have 3 charges of pacifism you could get up to 3 bleeds from his sp1, up to 5 with 5 charges of pacifism and so on. Sp1 is great because it pierces 100% of the opponent’s armour. I’ve had crits of over 10k at r5.

Berserk is excellent for burst damage. Each time an opponent uses a special, or you lose 10% health he gains a charge of pacifism. Each time he gains he has a chance to go berserk with fury and cruelty. Again, if you get enough charges beforehand he hitsreally hard during berserk and bleed damage does scale up.

His Regen is more useful than it seems also. It’s permanent and recovers around 4.5k health per minute at r5 with recovery. Perfect for replacing lost health from chip damage when blocking and using parry. Play well and you can consider him a good Regen champ.

He shrugs bleed off 85% faster than normal. So you can easily go through a bleed node taking very little damage with his Regen on top of that. What’s left can heal up later in the fight. He’s a better all rounder than wolverine or x-23 with a great damage output and some healing. Bleed immunes are not an issue due to berserk and sp1 and you can choose not to inflict bleed on certain champs like cable, who will then put Degen on you in return.

Is he worth a gem? Entirely up to you, if you like him then I’d use a class gem. Not generic though. Also depends on what other mutants you have and what types of champs you need more of.

This is a pic from a while ago when I had him at 4/40. I deliberately took some hits to get my pacifism up but keep in mind that was only because the opponent wouldn’t have survived long enough otherwise. It’s very possible to repeat this by simply baiting specials and not taking damage. owibkmy9nsv9.jpeg

Very well said!
  • Options
    vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    Definately one of the most underrated and overlooked champs.

Megaskater pretty much clarifies everything.

That ticking regen is awesome especially if you are a decent player and do not get hit much/block much.
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice you guys! @MegaSkater67 that was super helpful. I'll upgrade him for sure but I'm still not sure on the awakening.
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice you guys! @MegaSkater67 that was super helpful. I'll upgrade him for sure but I'm still not sure on the awakening.

Try him out for a few days first and just see if you like using him. Would be a waste to use it now and find out you actually can’t stand the guy haha. What would your other options be?
  • Options
    TurbulentUrFaceTurbulentUrFace Posts: 311
    edited November 2017
    @MegaSkater67 I don't have a lot of options currently. I have Cable, Magnet MN (but I have normal Magneto duped and I hate the way he plays) and Blue Cyclops. If I don't use it on Logan I'm most likely waiting until I get Iceman, AA or Nightcrawler.
  • Options
    If it was me, I wouldn’t use it on cable. I actually did awaken my cable but kind of wish I hadn’t, the power gain is ok but it’s been nothing special. Magnetos really aren’t worth it imo. In terms of who benefits the most from being awakened (not necessarily who’s the best since that really is just a matter of opinion and different champs are good at different things) I would put them in this order:
    AA
    Logan
    Iceman
    NC

I only put iceman third because his sig basically just gives him an early sp1. It shuts down evade entirely but it’s not hard to get to a sp1 to do that and the damage from coldsnap doesn’t really make up for it either. I’m not denying he’s a great champ, I just think he’s great already before being awakened.

AA has an incredible damage output and the ability accuracy reduction just makes him even more amazing.

Logan as I mentioned earlier would be able to dish out far more bleed damage.

If you intend to attack with NC, his sig will improve his damage output. But if you want him as a defender he can be better unduped. His sig will shorten the timer for him to switch to swashbuckling at which point the fight becomes extremely easy.
  • Options
    JeepettiJeepetti Posts: 79
    I actually like using OML because his regen can keep you trucking through long quests without needing a potion.
  • Options
    imnooneimnoone Posts: 316 ★★
    For love of god, don't use awakening gem on him .. I will tell you why ...

1) Yes, he is not the worst but he is not that good either. Mutant class is full of god tier champions (AA, IceMan, Wolverine, X-23 to name a few) . Sooner or later, you're going to pull one of them and then you're going to kick yourself in the back.

2) If you have a generic gem than god tire pool even gets larger

3) Those gems doesn't come that often so its better to hold on to em until a good champions come around. You will not regret it. I hold on to my tech gem for over 3 months and used it on my SL, best decision ever.
  • Options
    It actually is a generic Gem so I do think I'll save it for someone really worth it. I do think I'll upgrade Logan unduped too though.