**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Carina EOP - my story and mic drop ending

MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,109 ★★★★
So... I've always been a farm and revive through player.

The solo challenge EOPs, I'd always try to get the solo and hated using revives. It's a point of pride. But the multi boss challenges, historically, I'd take Aegon, Heimdall and revive through. For those saying herc is an unfair nuke, he can be... But we used to do it with Aegon too.

This final Carina, I thought I could do as soon as I knew you could swap herc. I'd normally do the first 4 fights on the right, with herc, in about 7 or 8 revives on average. Lowest was 6. This hugely keeps the cost down.

I did left side spiders and it was the worst of my runs as I've no sm2099. 70 odd revives, R3 peni and R3 miles did the work, with R2 stealthy for DM.

Thunderbolts was the second worst, as I'd not played the new juggs before taking him to R3. Annoyed I didn't take unduped xbones to R3, as he was great for scorpion and Icarus.

Robots (R3 DM, R4 Nimrod and R3 Ultron), mutants (R3 switch, R4 omega, saber) and alternative (R3 switch and shulk) were about the same; 50 revives. Mutants would have been a LOT less, if I'd run it last.

Dimensional was the last and easiest. 46 revives. (R4 CGR, R3 hood, 5/65 magic).

If healing up was less expensive, I'd easily use half the amount of revives on all runs. There's just no margin for error on a 20% revive and 2 LV4vpots!

Yes, I farmed 3.6.2 a lot. For the first 4 runs, I also farmed ROL to around 200 lv3 pots each time, but wow, do you burn through them fast. Didn't bother farming ROL for the last 2, thunderbolts and dimensional.

Once you've done them all, I wish there was a practice mode where you could fight them again. Some are interesting designs, but no desire to go through it again.

So on the topic of revive farming, was this abusing the system? Perhaps...

But who cares... Before this, I'd opened 22 of the last featured trying to get galan and every class nexus and 2 prior abyss nexus I had gone for skill trying to get kingpin.

So I went for skill for the class nexus and finally pulled kingpin.

Then I chose cosmic for the abyss nexus (, thought long and hard about going for Joe or spot with science....) And pulled Galan.

Then the R5 gem... Cosmic.

So join the ranks of the try hards and the "I'll quit if he's nerfed" brigade and took herc to R5.

Boom.

Comments

• Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,368 ★★★★★
    Nice one, mate. I'm a ways behind you, but got two in one this weekend (Mutants/Alternative avengers) with Scarlet Witch and Rogue.

Fab pulls there with Kingpin and Galan. You got a Skill Awakening Gem? If so, use it...
  • Options
    Two generics, 2 mutants (and I only don't have AA of the "must awaken 6*s" at all and all the others, bar 6* blade, awakened) so yes, kingpin will get one of them!

Sig 70 odd needed? So R4 sig 200 Aegon will have to wait for a bit 😁

Are you going to do the other 4? Chavez can do 2 of them as well, but it's apparently a bit brutal with her!
  • Options
    Actually @Giuliameij /Donny - I was thinking of you and our swap of posts on abyss a few years back, when pushing through this and then writing this up.

If they do put in specific herc blocks, I'll be R4ing Aegon 🤔😉
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,549 ★★★★★

So... I've always been a farm and revive through player.

The solo challenge EOPs, I'd always try to get the solo and hated using revives. It's a point of pride. But the multi boss challenges, historically, I'd take Aegon, Heimdall and revive through. For those saying herc is an unfair nuke, he can be... But we used to do it with Aegon too.

This final Carina, I thought I could do as soon as I knew you could swap herc. I'd normally do the first 4 fights on the right, with herc, in about 7 or 8 revives on average. Lowest was 6. This hugely keeps the cost down.

I did left side spiders and it was the worst of my runs as I've no sm2099. 70 odd revives, R3 peni and R3 miles did the work, with R2 stealthy for DM.

Thunderbolts was the second worst, as I'd not played the new juggs before taking him to R3. Annoyed I didn't take unduped xbones to R3, as he was great for scorpion and Icarus.

Robots (R3 DM, R4 Nimrod and R3 Ultron), mutants (R3 switch, R4 omega, saber) and alternative (R3 switch and shulk) were about the same; 50 revives. Mutants would have been a LOT less, if I'd run it last.

Dimensional was the last and easiest. 46 revives. (R4 CGR, R3 hood, 5/65 magic).

If healing up was less expensive, I'd easily use half the amount of revives on all runs. There's just no margin for error on a 20% revive and 2 LV4vpots!

Yes, I farmed 3.6.2 a lot. For the first 4 runs, I also farmed ROL to around 200 lv3 pots each time, but wow, do you burn through them fast. Didn't bother farming ROL for the last 2, thunderbolts and dimensional.

Once you've done them all, I wish there was a practice mode where you could fight them again. Some are interesting designs, but no desire to go through it again.

So on the topic of revive farming, was this abusing the system? Perhaps...

But who cares... Before this, I'd opened 22 of the last featured trying to get galan and every class nexus and 2 prior abyss nexus I had gone for skill trying to get kingpin.

So I went for skill for the class nexus and finally pulled kingpin.

Then I chose cosmic for the abyss nexus (, thought long and hard about going for Joe or spot with science....) And pulled Galan.

Then the R5 gem... Cosmic.

So join the ranks of the try hards and the "I'll quit if he's nerfed" brigade and took herc to R5.

Boom.

Showing my ignorance here, but unduped XB still solid…why? Don’t use mine and assumed shrug from dupe would be essential. Please teach me…

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★

Actually @Giuliameij /Donny - I was thinking of you and our swap of posts on abyss a few years back, when pushing through this and then writing this up.

How nice of you to remember. I really like the swap of posts back then aswell. Good on you for doing EOP. I actually liked your post earlier today.
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,919 ★★★★★
    I guess the real question is: would you have still done it w/o the farmed revives and used units instead?
  • Options
    It’s seeing stuff like this which makes me wish I would have farmed revives and attempted the harder content stuff because now it’s gunna be even more of a pain
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    @DrZola Oddly, you'd ideally want an unduped Crossbones, then a duped one, in that order.

Scorpion has a node (cold turkey 3) that punishes shrugging debuffs, with an immediate 40% degen damage. But he's the best counter I had due to his DAR.

the DAR would kick in on the node eventually, but I'd guess you'd die a lot before that happened.

Whereas that shrugging is really useful for ikarus. Didn't realise how terrible juggs would be for ikarus until I got there, but Crossbones was awesome.
  • Options

I guess the real question is: would you have still done it w/o the farmed revives and used units instead?

Definitely completion, yes, doing a Carina each time. May have done it through just units, depends how long before he content came out, which made the rewards less valuable.
  • Options

How nice of you to remember. I really like the swap of posts back then aswell. Good on you for doing EOP. I actually liked your post earlier today.
    Thank you and stay well!!
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,368 ★★★★★

Two generics, 2 mutants (and I only don't have AA of the "must awaken 6*s" at all and all the others, bar 6* blade, awakened) so yes, kingpin will get one of them!

Are you going to do the other 4? Chavez can do 2 of them as well, but it's apparently a bit brutal with her!

Yeah, I'm going to work on it - it's clearly something I can get done; although may take a few carefully planned rank-ups and empty my copious stash of 4-hr crystals.

And yes, Kingpin gets started with that third Rage after about Sig 63 I think. Totally worth it, as he'll also reboot faster after Overpower.
  • Options

Yeah, I'm going to work on it - it's clearly something I can get done; although may take a few carefully planned rank-ups and empty my copious stash of 4-hr crystals.

And yes, Kingpin gets started with that third Rage after about Sig 63 I think. Totally worth it, as he'll also reboot faster after Overpower.
    Awakened and taken up to 67, which appears to be the cut off. Going to wait for the next rank up and need some more t2a... He's the one skill champ I've wanted for over a year; and I have nick and Shang chi awakened already!

The 4 hour crystals really do help, the healing pots in them are useful.