**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

BG + Victory Shield discussion

I think that Victory Shields are not implemented well. They are very expensive and not even guaranteed to give you value. They are only useful if you lose a match and if you win that match you just lost 90 units or 1,450 trophy tokens for no reason. Of course if you keep losing matches you will be spending an extraordinary amount of units/trophy tokens.

I have a few suggestions to make this either more fair or less financially devastating to players.
1)Make Victory shields less expensive or available by way of glory, loyalty, or gold
2)Allow players to activate a victory shield if they are about to lose a match instead of at the beginning where they might waste it. Or have the victory shield remain active until the player's next loss.
3)Add victory shields to progression in the tiers

This is especially relevant considering KABAM admitted that it is too difficult for many players to climb the progression ladder. Since they said it would take multiple seasons before new tech is implemented to fix this issue, I think this is a good way to help in the meantime.

Comments

• Options
    Victory shields is one of the monetized items in this gamemode, so i do not see any changes to its availability. They need to, and hopefully will make fundamental changes to the gamemode itself.
  • Options
    ArmoredGhostArmoredGhost Posts: 91 ★★
    Mackey said:

No need to change the availability and/or we can get them. What they should do is make shields last until you lose. Otherwise they might as well be called "match shields" 🤷‍♂️

that was in my #2 suggestion
  • Options
    LightsAnimeLightsAnime Posts: 422 ★★

I think that Victory Shields are not implemented well. They are very expensive and not even guaranteed to give you value. They are only useful if you lose a match and if you win that match you just lost 90 units or 1,450 trophy tokens for no reason. Of course if you keep losing matches you will be spending an extraordinary amount of units/trophy tokens.

I have a few suggestions to make this either more fair or less financially devastating to players.
    1)Make Victory shields less expensive or available by way of glory, loyalty, or gold
    2)Allow players to activate a victory shield if they are about to lose a match instead of at the beginning where they might waste it. Or have the victory shield remain active until the player's next loss.
    3)Add victory shields to progression in the tiers

This is especially relevant considering KABAM admitted that it is too difficult for many players to climb the progression ladder. Since they said it would take multiple seasons before new tech is implemented to fix this issue, I think this is a good way to help in the meantime.

I second this, i’ve lost so many victory shields because i over power my opponent and i find it annoying that i wasted it, but not entirely my fault since i go into queue blind so who knows what i might go up against
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,218 ★★★★★

Victory shields is one of the monetized items in this gamemode, so I do not see any changes to its availability. They need to, and hopefully will make fundamental changes to the gamemode itself.

For the business model of mobile game, I also dont see them changing anything about Victory shields.

As others mentioned, would be nice to not loose 1, if a match is won.
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    Losing the Victory Shield only when you lose the match and lowering their price, would make them more effective and more appealing to players for purchase.
    Changing these two would take away a lot of frustration that VT causes to players now.
    It would be a step in the right direction in my opinion.