**KNOWN SPRING OF SORROW ISSUE**
We noticed a number of the Spring of Sorrow objectives aren't working properly, we are investigating and currently working on a potential solution.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Will Battlegrounds ever get fixed!! It Still sucks!!!

I cannot get anywhere in Battlegrounds because I am always matched up against people with a higher ranking roster. I am wasting my time playing. I am about to give up this game altogether because they keep making changes that are flat out garbage.

Comments

• Options
    JinxesaxeJinxesaxe Posts: 416 ★★★
    Mackey said:

I agree. Something about this seasons matchmaking has been atrocious. I am a cav 9.2k pres 600k power and i am consistently being matched against 10-11k 1.2 mil TB in gold. Last season I pushed all the way up to diamond and I lost a fair amount but never more then 2-3 matches in a row. This season was completely different. It was pretty normal but then I hit gold and immediately got on a 9 match losing streak. I have played 15-20 matches and always end up at 0 medals winning no more than 1 match in a row. I wouldn’t be complaining if this was what I experienced last season as well but it’s really not even close. There’s no possible way for me to go anywhere and it’s incredibly discouraging to go into the ban phase and just see 5 r3 and 5-10 r2s staring me in the face when I have maybe 10-12 champs over 10k power in total
    Not to mention all the hackers as well. Seen far too many legends than should exist at the cav/low TB level

Yeah the cheaters are a joke and they're running rampant in there. That said, why shouldn't you face higher accounts in BGs? It's a competition, you're fighting for the same rewards as those TB players and Paragon players so you should face them. If you can't move out of gold then sorry to say it but you've likely hit your ceiling
    I think the idea is that skill and roster strength are not at all a parallel line. Someone can be extremely skilled in game, but not have a boasting roster of champions, and being matched against someone of the same skill level, but a higher roster level is unfair.

I obviously don’t have numbers on these things, but if this isn’t a bug, it might be that people are dropping off from playing BG’s?

Matchmaking, from what I understand, especially in something like MCOC, is extremely difficult to implement. With something like AW, you can take averages of alliance strength (with upwards of 30 sources that you can collect data from), and make fair matchmaking that way. With Battlegrounds, you have only a few sources of information you can pull from. Off the top of my head, you can take prestige, overall base hero ranking, player progression, deck strength, and player performance, whereas with AW, you’ve got all of those and more for 30 players.

TLDR; I think both of these points have basis in fact, but are blind in some cases to the other side. The original complaint isn’t that they’re solely facing stronger accounts; it’s that they’re facing equally skilled players with much stronger accounts.

Does that make any sense?

Jinx
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,927 ★★★★★
    Let me know when you only get 165k+ matches how bad matchmaking is.
  • Options
    Gotham28Gotham28 Posts: 5
    Im at 8k prestige but i win against accounts with 11k or even 12k prestige with ease. So unless you are a proven player facing against tb or something, its definitely a skill issue man.
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,302 ★★★★★
    I agree matchmaking is a problem because it disincentivizes newer players to compete. If the game is no fun, for whatever reason, then why play?

The solution is not simply giving them easier matches. A better idea would be to have difficulty tiers with varying rewards based on the difficulty. That way a player can join the tier that matches their roster level or choose to push against stronger rosters in a higher difficulty level.
  • Options
    ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★

I agree matchmaking is a problem because it disincentivizes newer players to compete. If the game is no fun, for whatever reason, then why play?

The solution is not simply giving them easier matches. A better idea would be to have difficulty tiers with varying rewards based on the difficulty. That way a player can join the tier that matches their roster level or choose to push against stronger rosters in a higher difficulty level.

Although I agree with much of what you say, but do you not think it greatly increase frustration and decrease playing of those with much stronger rosters when they see those with far weaker accounts getting better than rewards than them.

This because especially true when everything about this game since 2014 has been about building roster strength which increases roster strength would always give a competitive advantage which now all of a sudden in BG, it's the exact opposite.
  • Options
    Standardman1989Standardman1989 Posts: 544 ★★★
    Thank you for doing a tournament just with legends from the bowl of facing 1 I don't have the cb and two I don't have 50 6r4 it's time to stop the mistake @Kabam Miike
  • Options
    ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★

Thank you for doing a tournament just with legends from the bowl of facing 1 I don't have the cb and two I don't have 50 6r4 it's time to stop the mistake @Kabam Miike

Your going for same rewards as them, why in world you think you shouldn't have to go against them?

Also, legends title (which I've had for about 4 years) means very little these days.
  • Options
    Standardman1989Standardman1989 Posts: 544 ★★★
    Its finish to 3300 to 13 elder mark on d1 … Thanks you Kabam i love battleground but you finis My pleasure
  • Options
    Dab_westDab_west Posts: 160 ★★
    skill issue
  • Options
    LickyLicky Posts: 321 ★★★

I agree. Something about this seasons matchmaking has been atrocious. I am a cav 9.2k pres 600k power and i am consistently being matched against 10-11k 1.2 mil TB in gold. Last season I pushed all the way up to diamond and I lost a fair amount but never more then 2-3 matches in a row. This season was completely different. It was pretty normal but then I hit gold and immediately got on a 9 match losing streak. I have played 15-20 matches and always end up at 0 medals winning no more than 1 match in a row. I wouldn’t be complaining if this was what I experienced last season as well but it’s really not even close. There’s no possible way for me to go anywhere and it’s incredibly discouraging to go into the ban phase and just see 5 r3 and 5-10 r2s staring me in the face when I have maybe 10-12 champs over 10k power in total
    Not to mention all the hackers as well. Seen far too many legends than should exist at the cav/low TB level

I'm a 9.2k cav and I got matched with 13k tb players

I have 3 r5 5 stars and 1 rank 2 6 star, so 3 of these 4 got banned everytime

I fought 12k pi decks with 7 to 8k pi champs by using strategy and skill

Use strategy bro it can be done
  • Options

Your going for same rewards as them, why in world you think you shouldn't have to go against them?

Also, legends title (which I've had for about 4 years) means very little these days.
    Those who pay and have a rooster of sick thanks to the bank card I can do nothing against them more I find too expensive 90 deans I had 3300 on Monday I have more than 500 and Kabam is not very generous to give from time to time at the beginning of the season.

It's not that legend that worries me it's the rooster I have 7 6r4 but a index of 16300 of prestige so I face too many big players I get angry and I lose my energy to get angry for nothing so I stop the costs I like the content but it's cancer because of that

That's a lot of talk about roosters. I'm assuming there was some translation features going on as I was having an extremely difficult time following that.
    he is agreeing with your point basically. His roster is small but high prestige and he is getting punished for it.
  • Options
    TendersquadTendersquad Posts: 197
    I need to vent a little. I've liked BG since the start, a fresh and different type of content in this game. Aside from the Armor burst season(sorry, can't think of node), I've advanced moderately in each season and made the circuit. Even that season I got there but with a grind. This season however, I have losing streaks of 14 and 8. I consider myself a middle of the road skilled player but the frustration of just trying to hit the daily objectives is real. For me, its just been really frustrating trying to advance for good rewards but it feels like the control issues and crazy advanced AI is making it to the point where one mistake will cost you a win. A revamp to advancing would make it much more enjoyable to me.
  • Options
    tusharNairtusharNair Posts: 290 ★★
    Mackey said:

Yeah the cheaters are a joke and they're running rampant in there. That said, why shouldn't you face higher accounts in BGs? It's a competition, you're fighting for the same rewards as those TB players and Paragon players so you should face them. If you can't move out of gold then sorry to say it but you've likely hit your ceiling
    isnt that the very problem, people hitting ceiling .. then what, just stop playing, lol...competing for same rewards? why....just make tiers of different levels of players. but never let lower player match big players...its simply not fun..
  • Options
    JoshausburnJoshausburn Posts: 39
    I just forfeited a match because I lost connection during a fight and instead of giving me the loss for round 2 I lose out. Honestly I probably won that match too but at least don't say I forfeited (i had 100% health and defender was 2%). We play on mobile devices, internet is going to be spotty at times.
  • Options
    IRQIRQ Posts: 316 ★★
    edited March 2023
    I just witnessed how magically every parry I made only registered if the conflictor timer was off cd - so it NEVER stunned. And it wasn't a lack of input, the block was there, just much weaker and not generating any openings. No idea if it was God AI making their attacks last one frame longer than usual or just the registering process decidin my winstreak was long enough but still, if we ever get into the Terminator timeline, it's gonna be Kabam, not Skynet with computers like these already.
  • Options
    JinxesaxeJinxesaxe Posts: 416 ★★★
    Mackey said:

Jinxesaxe said:

Mackey said:

I think the idea is that skill and roster strength are not at all a parallel line. Someone can be extremely skilled in game, but not have a boasting roster of champions, and being matched against someone of the same skill level, but a higher roster level is unfair.

I obviously don’t have numbers on these things, but if this isn’t a bug, it might be that people are dropping off from playing BG’s?

Matchmaking, from what I understand, especially in something like MCOC, is extremely difficult to implement. With something like AW, you can take averages of alliance strength (with upwards of 30 sources that you can collect data from), and make fair matchmaking that way. With Battlegrounds, you have only a few sources of information you can pull from. Off the top of my head, you can take prestige, overall base hero ranking, player progression, deck strength, and player performance, whereas with AW, you’ve got all of those and more for 30 players.

TLDR; I think both of these points have basis in fact, but are blind in some cases to the other side. The original complaint isn’t that they’re solely facing stronger accounts; it’s that they’re facing equally skilled players with much stronger accounts.

Jinx
    Unfortunately there is no perfect solution, someone will always be unhappy, for me I think matchmaking should be just 2 people in the same bracket searching for a match at the same time, irrespective of roster size/BHR/prestige. None of them variables should be included in the matchmaking imo. Or at a push, keep prestige matchmaking for bronze and silver then gold onwards its a free for all. It is at the end of the day meant to be a competitive mode, in such a mode nobody should only face their level of players
    I think you misunderstood my point.

My point was the everyone has some level of correctness in this situation. Battlegrounds should have scaled matchmaking, like Alliance War does, where players of SIMILAR skill + deck strength should be matched against each other, and as a player wins, they face higher opponents. That’s the point of a solo competitive mode.

The reason the matchmaking doesn’t work, at least from my understanding, is because it hasn’t had the time (or resources) allocated to refining it like AW has.

AW also has more individual variables to consider in matchmaking than Battlegrounds does. It has a longer matchmaking period, and therefore benefits with its ability to scale players and alliances, so that it feels fair. Battlegrounds has 2 minutes, and not as many pieces of information to take into account when matchmaking, therefore it is poorer.

This is an issue that I believe can have a perfect solution, given the time and care it needs to be refined.

I’d like to understand your point better, as it feels like a run on sentence, and I can’t really grasp it. Would you mind elaborating further?

I hope this makes more sense.

Jinx
  • Options
    NastyPhishNastyPhish Posts: 583 ★★★
    edited March 2023
    Same rewards means same play. If you are in bronze and I’m in bronze, it’s on. The winner moves up. Loser moves down. That’s how it should work.

That being said, people aren’t going to queue up to get beat on all the time, without rewards. So we need rewards on each fight. And I think that means the cost has to come down. Make a lose seem like less of a big deal
  • Options
    UnyonfaceUnyonface Posts: 562 ★★★

Thanks Kabam, your incompetence cost me resources and I can’t advance in BG…
  • Options
    Lexpert14Lexpert14 Posts: 18

Thanks too kabam, 90 elden's mark in my ass 👌
  • Options
    Matty_IceMatty_Ice Posts: 593 ★★★
    Mackey said:

Jinxesaxe said:

Mackey said:

Jinx
    Unfortunately there is no perfect solution, someone will always be unhappy, for me I think matchmaking should be just 2 people in the same bracket searching for a match at the same time, irrespective of roster size/BHR/prestige. None of them variables should be included in the matchmaking imo. Or at a push, keep prestige matchmaking for bronze and silver then gold onwards its a free for all. It is at the end of the day meant to be a competitive mode, in such a mode nobody should only face their level of players
    I 100% agree with this. At best, make tiers like they do for war. Being in a higher tier gives you more points, and more points make you advance faster.