**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Node 24

Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,305 ★★★
Ultron healing from modified health in war + buffet
Fix your game kabam

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Node 24 is working as intended. It's been responded to. Champs are not the same as Nodes.
  • Renegade_DoggyRenegade_Doggy Posts: 358 ★★
    This is the new thorns node of the old AW. You know, the one that many cried about for months until Kabam finally changed it.

All Regen / Recovery should be off BASE health, not BOOSTED health. This node is NOT working as intended. But thanks anyways Grounded Wisdom.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    The Node IS working as intended, as per comments made by a Moderator. Champs do not function that way, but that rule doesn't apply to Nodes. Not in this case.
  • This is the new thorns node of the old AW. You know, the one that many cried about for months until Kabam finally changed it.

All Regen / Recovery should be off BASE health, not BOOSTED health. This node is NOT working as intended. But thanks anyways Grounded Wisdom.

Kabam only intended to make all regeneration abilities not scale with health boosts. Buffet is a node buff and intended to be based off of true max health.

As far as I can tell, node 24 is working according to that intent. Ultron heals off of his intrinsic max health, but of course modified by the actual node buff that increases all healing by a factor of 3 (which is what is meant by "200% more").

Buffet is doing a double whammy as far as I've been able to observe. Buffet is explicitly stated to regenerate 5% of the health of the champ on the node, but that seems to be also increased by the node buff that increases all regeneration by 200%. In other words, Buffet is healing the champ by about 15% of his total health with every buff ticked off. Which is kind of insane, but whatever.

Now, you might say that Kabam should be forced to change the behavior of the node to conform with the intent of *all* regen being based off of base health instead of just abilities. But that's a worthless endeavor. That node has whatever numbers Kabam wants based on how hard they want the node. They could say "okay, you win, we'll make Buffet scale based on unbuffed max health" and then increase the node buff to +600% regen and recovery.

The point is the node is as hard as Kabam apparently wants it to be, and you cannot rules lawyer out of it. You can't force them to keep the node values where they are, so they can just crank them upward until they get the difficulty they want. It doesn't matter if Buffet works off of base health or buffed heatlh. What matters is the devs seem to like node 24 being as strong as it is. Changing the mechanics of Buffet won't make the node any weaker. It might just force them to make it even stronger.
  • Renegade_DoggyRenegade_Doggy Posts: 358 ★★
    Sirnoob wrote: »

Holy cow! What the hell..?

Wow.. Kabam logic is just the pits.

Thanks for apprising me. I will stand down.
  • SweatlipSweatlip Posts: 163
    They specifically said that all health regen will be done off base health snd not noded health. Regardless of what they say this not working the way they said all health gain nodes would work
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    This is the new thorns node of the old AW. You know, the one that many cried about for months until Kabam finally changed it.

Kabam only intended to make all regeneration abilities not scale with health boosts. Buffet is a node buff and intended to be based off of true max health.

Yeah...nope. What Kabam intended was that whatever they feel like should the way things work, will be the way things work. There is no consistency. Remember the arc overload regen nodes in act 4? Node based regen. Worked on base health (all regen dropped to half after 12.0). But since Kabam wants it, Buffet node (also node based regen) works on modified health. Hell, even the arc overload 2.0 nodes work on modified health. Pointed this out in their thread and my post got deleted and I received an infraction
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,305 ★★★
    Strange thing is I've usually had little to no problems with this node
    Then suddenly ultron healing crazily
  • IanMooneIanMoone Posts: 640 ★★
    What i wanna know is where the hell are the AW boost that were suppose to appear in the store when AW got a revamped map? Its disappeared 3 updates ago wtf lol
  • FamousRyFamousRy Posts: 112
    working fine. use the right champs to win the fight.