**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Win win idea for players and KABAM to make more revenue

JK_47JK_47 Posts: 218 ★★
A game requires profit to develop more quality content

Profit requires more player base

More players means more profit

I guess approximately there are 30-40% spenders, remaining f2p.

f2p players are willing to spend more time grinding for resources and units.

As the old saying goes time is more valuable than money

We got time how can we make money, popular answer is grinding.
KABAM has ideas for more quality content but needs revenue to develop, solution is make profit outta player base

I will introduce a guy a the third party who is gonna fullfill both kabam and players.

Behold "the advertisement", our savior

Kabam can just put an icon called watch ad for units in homepage, .......make profit from third party companies for advertising slots inside kabam

Kabam makes money, we make units and player base grows...
more players and more players play, popularity increases and kabam can make profit....increase advertisement slot costs to third parties.

BTW: thank KABAM for units the free premium currency bestowed upon us

Win win idea for players and KABAM to make more revenue 115 votes

I am willing to watch ad for free units
33%
SnakeEyes69NanoDroidArydhdhSandeepSLoki_Poki1280doctorbDylanphilepsp742Lattughinocaptain_rogerskrystolixSarvanga1_Ch123XyakirXXguard77RonSwansonZAKKY1Dkcody42Thanks_D19Nameless_IW 38 votes
I don't want ads its annoying, i would rather grind for units
66%
DL864danielmathMagicBentonzuffyManup456Sundance_2099ThereticNoıreShadowstrikeMhd20034SlambooyThunderstruck77yuwAckbar67UnobtainiumClawsLiquidkoldMoosetiptronicSaske97Chuck_Canuck75SummonerNR 77 votes

Comments

• Options
    WhoDaPooWhoDaPoo Posts: 312 ★★★
    edited April 2023
    The modders and bots would love a direct way into free units. Your logic right, but the business risk would be too high.
  • Options
    danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★
    HELL NO
  • Options
    No and you should be ashamed for even suggesting that. That not being here is one of the main reasons I don’t delete this game every now and then.
  • Options
    JK_47JK_47 Posts: 218 ★★
    "Ashamed" why would i buddy...it's an idea an optional feature which gives u units that can be availed on free will.....not pop up ads

Players who want some units in exchange for their time click

Players who Don't want dont click

Ashamed is a big word, hope u put more thought into words
  • Options
    AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    The playerbase would definitely decline significantly if they introduce ads......probably more than it ever has
  • Options
    JK_47 said:

"Ashamed" why would i buddy...it's an idea an optional feature which gives u units that can be availed on free will.....not pop up ads

I said what I said and I meant it. I don’t need to put more thought into my words nor do I need to judge them by how “big” they may be. And before trying to tell people to put more thoughts into their words, remember, there’s no character limit here. You can spell out you.

This idea isn’t going to increase player retention and could easily reverse it. While it is a choice to view the ads, it would most likely be just for 5 or 15 units. There’s be a limit to how many you can do and it wouldn’t be a lot, and it would put more stress on the game to house this space to watch ads or to link to a third party to do this. I’m pretty sure Kabam has even said before this is not the route they want to go with this game, and I agree there.
  • Options
    Bigfoot33Bigfoot33 Posts: 147 ★★
    JK_47 said:

OK you start with that button on the home page. How long do you think it will take to spread once it's in the game? Or constant reminders to watch that ad? Don't even give it an inch in the game.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,038 ★★★★★
    Transformers had this already. It wasn't popular with that playerbase either.

Also, revenue is how much dollars a company takes in before subtracting out costs of doing business.

Profit is what's left over after costs are subtracted out.

Kabam neither has revenue or profit as they are a studio who develops the game. Netmarble owns Kabam and pays for the maintenance and development for the games Kabam has, MCOC, Shop Titans and now the new title coming out.

MCOC is Netmarbles highest earning game. Doesn't mean every penny goes straight to Kabam. Making new content doesn't have a variable cost associated with it as the Devs earn a salary regardless if their working on Abyss 2.0 or Act 8.3.

The last thing MCOC needs is Ads.
  • Options
    BoogalooglerBoogaloogler Posts: 97 ★★
    What OP is describing was a mainstay of Ark Mobile for years. They removed it and increased their in game store costs by 20%...and the game died. It's free money for kabam, and free stuff for us (30 seconds is nothing). If you don't want to watch the ad, don't click the button. Nobody here is suggesting pop ups.
  • Options

The idea that any of you here talking about "I would rather grind" wouldn't watch a 30 second, optional video for 30 units once a day is an absolute joke. There's some terminal cases of Rectal-Cranial Inversion present here

Funny way to keep it appropriate, ima give you that one haha
  • Options
    AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★

Transformers had this already. It wasn't popular with that playerbase either.

Also, revenue is how much dollars a company takes in before subtracting out costs of doing business.

Profit is what's left over after costs are subtracted out.

Kabam neither has revenue or profit as they are a studio who develops the game. Netmarble owns Kabam and pays for the maintenance and development for the games Kabam has, MCOC, Shop Titans and now the new title coming out.

MCOC is Netmarbles highest earning game. Doesn't mean every penny goes straight to Kabam. Making new content doesn't have a variable cost associated with it as the Devs earn a salary regardless if their working on Abyss 2.0 or Act 8.3.

The last thing MCOC needs is Ads.

This might be the first time I have agreed with u
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,218 ★★★★★
    edited April 2023
    I want
    1 30sec add after Story fight.
    1 30sec add after monthly EQ fight
    1 30sec add after sq fight.
    1 30sec add after every fight in AW.
    1 30sec add after every fight in AQ.
    1 30sec add after each BG match.
    1 1min add at the time I login.
    1 1min add after you close the game.
    1 45sec add after each round of arena.
    1 30sec add after a crystal spin.
    5 30sec adds after a 10 pop.

Press help.... Add
    Open menu.... Add
    Open war.... add
    Open AQ.... add
    Tap here... add
    Tap there...add
    Open arena... Add
    Close arena... add
    Open forum... add

All add must be unskipable.
    Watching 1 add gives 1 unit each.
    Closing adds in any way or form will result in
    -1000 unit credits in game.

Install game.... add
    Uninstall game... add
    After you sleep....add
    Before you wake-up....add

I SUPPORT OP.💪
  • Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,089 ★★★★★
    edited April 2023
    Something that everyone keeps forgetting or mistaking is the fact that Kabam have gone on record that they don't get to keep 100% of the money they get.

You have to pay a percentage to both Apple and Google in order to host on their platforms and Netmarble being the parent company, would get the bulk of it, which is then dispersed down into all the other titles they either have or are developing.

Just because they earned $10 million for 4th of July does not mean they actually get to keep 10 million.

They're probably getting two million if we're being honest.
  • Options

I want
    1 30sec add after Story fight.
    1 30sec add after monthly EQ fight
    1 30sec add after sq fight.
    1 30sec add after every fight in AW.
    1 30sec add after every fight in AQ.
    1 30sec add after each BG match.
    1 1min add at the time I login.
    1 1min add after you close the game.
    1 45sec add after each round of arena.
    1 30sec add after a crystal spin.
    5 30sec adds after a 10 pop.

Press help.... Add
    Open menu.... Add
    Open war.... add
    Open AQ.... add
    Tap here... add
    Tap there...add
    Open arena... Add
    Close arena... add
    Open forum... add

All add must be unskipable.
    Watching 1 add gives 1 unit each.
    Closing adds in any way or form will result in
    -1000 unit credits in game.

Install game.... add
    Uninstall game... add
    After you sleep....add
    Before you wake-up....add

I SUPPORT OP.💪

*Ad
  • Options

Something that everyone keeps forgetting or mistaking is the fact that Kabam have gone on record that they don't get to keep 100% of the money they get.

You have to pay a percentage to both Apple and Google in order to host on their platforms and Metmarble being the parent company, would get the bulk of it, which is then dispersed down into all the other titles they either have or are developing.

Just because they earned $10 million for 4th of July does not mean they actually get to keep 10 million.

They're probably getting two million if we're being honest.

Kabam gets none of it. Netmarble pays more to Marvel than anything. Netmarble pays for the continued development of Kabam titles with their money and that's money from every game under the umbrella of Netmarble. If I make a purchase in Future Fight, that money could be used to pay Kabam.
  • Options
    Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    As an optional feature it's ok. But this is more of a business decision than anything else. It's not really going to be of any benefit to the players as units would be minimal.
  • Options
    BoogalooglerBoogaloogler Posts: 97 ★★

What OP is describing was a mainstay of Ark Mobile for years. They removed it and increased their in game store costs by 20%...and the game died. It's free money for kabam, and free stuff for us (30 seconds is nothing). If you don't want to watch the ad, don't click the button. Nobody here is suggesting pop ups.

So you're comparing a game that failed with and without ads to a game that's never had ads and is still very successful going on 9 years in existence?

Right.....
    It didn't fail with ads? Removing the ads is what caused it to fail.
  • Options
    Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Posts: 807 ★★★★
    Options ads to watch for units would be welcome.

Unfortunately it would be implemented as a pop up for relic items if recent history is an indicator.
  • Options

So you're comparing a game that failed with and without ads to a game that's never had ads and is still very successful going on 9 years in existence?

Right.....
    It didn't fail with ads? Removing the ads is what caused it to fail.
    It seems it had more to do with hackers than ads. But hey, what do I know other than to use google to look up what you're talking about. Seems the mobile version had issues with mods and the Devs had a much less active approach and then they stopped with the ads. Either way, MCOC has been doing better for longer without ads than ARK mobile ever did with them so......