Release 38.2 - Question about Nimrod

DUOCENTODUOCENTO Member Posts: 43
Can anyone explain what was wrong with that or maybe give a detailed answer?

Comments

• altavistaaltavista Member Posts: 1,412 ★★★★
    That seems like an unnecessary nerf, and one that definitely was not announced in a straightforward way.

Was Nimrod not supposed to be able to handle Antman with Arc Overload node? Antman was already shock immune.
  • VestasCureVestasCure Member Posts: 137 ★★
    altavista said:

That seems like an unnecessary nerf, and one that definitely was not announced in a straightforward way.

Was Nimrod not supposed to be able to handle Antman with Arc Overload node? Antman was already shock immune.

The performance anxiety node has been popping up more and more often. I think they probably realized they didn't intend for him to freely bypass glancing so they're addressing it now. I agree, doesn't really seem like a necessary nerf. Maybe there was some specific place or node combo nimrod was cheesing? But not sure why it'd be a problem.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,820 ★★★★★
    edited April 2023
    For the love of God, clarifications or fixes to descriptions/abilities are not nerfs. Everything is a freaking nerf with this community.
  • Ackbar67Ackbar67 Member Posts: 445 ★★★★

For the love of God, clarifications or fixes to descriptions/abilities are not nerfs. Everything is a freaking nerf with this community.

This is the textbook definition of a nerf. Nimrod is now weaker than what he was a patch ago.

I'm usually with Kabam, and I'm by no means saying they're wrong for having changed this as presumably it was intended the whole time. That doesn't change the fact that it is a nerf from what we had.
    So do you think they buffed Galan in this update? The posted picture clearly shows that he was not getting as many resistance buffs as desired, so now he is stronger than he was a patch ago. Personally, I don't see that as a buff, just as I don't see the Nimrod change as a nerf
  • VestasCureVestasCure Member Posts: 137 ★★
    Ackbar67 said:

This is the textbook definition of a nerf. Nimrod is now weaker than what he was a patch ago.

I'm usually with Kabam, and I'm by no means saying they're wrong for having changed this as presumably it was intended the whole time. That doesn't change the fact that it is a nerf from what we had.
    So do you think they buffed Galan in this update? The posted picture clearly shows that he was not getting as many resistance buffs as desired, so now he is stronger than he was a patch ago. Personally, I don't see that as a buff, just as I don't see the Nimrod change as a nerf
    What are you looking for here? Technically yes, it is a buff. I don't really know what was going on with Galan before or how prevalent that issue was. Presumably it's extremely small, but a buff is a buff - it is a change that benefited the character.
  • GinjabredMonstaGinjabredMonsta Member, Guardian Posts: 6,479 Guardian
    Hahah finally removed the coming soon
  • VaniteliaVanitelia Member Posts: 447 ★★★
    As with most things, it's a matter of perspective. Nerf, tuned down, fixed a bug, corrected the wording in a description...they all do the same thing. Will it impact his kit in every mode? Not really. He will still do what he was supposed to do, which is eradicate mutants (most of them anyway).