**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Act 8 - Chapter 2: Blinding Light - Capture Nodes and Rewards Revealed!

Comments

• We just have to wait one day for the rewards lol
  • Thanks_D19Thanks_D19 Posts: 1,480 ★★★★
    Dang why didn’t y’all mention those path rewards on stream lol. Those are rlly good
  • ZeiramMRZeiramMR Posts: 103
    edited April 2023
    Wait, there are 7 path rewards listed but 6 paths per quest.

Are some of those rewards only appearing in some quests? Double up for certain lanes? Typo?
    Path Rewards
    These rewards can only be picked up on paths inside a given Quest once.

2x Gold Pickups (200 000 Gold each)
    2x Tier 5 Class Catalyst Crystals (25%)
    2x 6-Star Shard Pickups (2000 shards each)
    2x Tier 3 Alpha Catalyst Fragment Pickups (11 250 Fragments each)
    1x Tier 6 Basic Catalyst Fragments Pickup (28 500 each)
    1x Tier 6 Class Catalyst Fragment Crystal (5%)
    2x Unit Pickups (45 units each)
    My initial guess is that the T6B and T6C are both on the same lane.
  • MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 3,887 ★★★★★
    ZeiramMR said:

Wait, there are 7 path rewards listed but 6 paths per quest.

Are some of those rewards only appearing in some quests? Double up for certain lanes? Typo?

Path Rewards
    These rewards can only be picked up on paths inside a given Quest once.

2x Gold Pickups (200 000 Gold each)
    2x Tier 5 Class Catalyst Crystals (25%)
    2x 6-Star Shard Pickups (2000 shards each)
    2x Tier 3 Alpha Catalyst Fragment Pickups (11 250 Fragments each)
    1x Tier 6 Basic Catalyst Fragments Pickup (28 500 each)
    1x Tier 6 Class Catalyst Fragment Crystal (5%)
    2x Unit Pickups (45 units each)
    My initial guess is that the T6B and T6C are both on the same lane.

Yes that would be my assumption also with the 1x rewards.
  • WfpkstevezillaWfpkstevezilla Posts: 121 ★★
    4k 7* shards in total? Am I reading that pittance of a number correctly? 3-4 mats are solid though.
  • I am sure I am above average, but probably not in the top 5%... and have 72K 7 star shards already, and probably could get to 80K if I popped all my 6 star shards as basics (saving for next featured).

4K shards... yawn. That would have been great in November or earlier before people built them up for many months... but its more of a joke now.

That's the main reason to increase the costs of 7* shards. Gains have increased massively. I'm sure they will balance it out.
  • Deamon1337Deamon1337 Posts: 143
    edited April 2023
    MCOC Team said:

Welcome to Act 8 Chapter 2 of Marvel Contest of Champions!

Choice Nodes return to give players a chance to swap out a non-KO’d 5 or 6-Star Champion for another in their roster.

So does that mean, we wont be able to swap 7* here, when they'll be released in may?
  • bdawg923bdawg923 Posts: 753 ★★★★
    I assume this will be easier than 8.1 since revive farming was demolished
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    Can someone like @Kabam Jax confirm that the global node for 8.2 operates exactly the same as the one from 8.1?

I get that you don’t wanna spell out attack bonuses for 5 different ranks on every node, but it’d be good for my peace of mind to confirm that the boost to ranks 2/3/4 haven’t changed.

(Based on my math, it was roughly 100-200-500-1000-2000)
  • JonBlackJonBlack Posts: 26
    Hmm, maybe it's just me... but the rewards sounds weak... no r5 materials?! Like full tier 6 or rank up gem... And you are going to introduce 7*. That's very low in my opinion.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,745 ★★★★★
    JonBlack said:

Hmm, maybe it's just me... but the rewards sounds weak... no r5 materials?! Like full tier 6 or rank up gem... And you are going to introduce 7*. That's very low in my opinion.

Theres 8 25% t6c crystals. At very worst that's 25% of each and 50% of 2 classes. At best that's 2 full t6c of one catalyst
    Buttehrs said:

JonBlack said:

Theres 8 25% t6c crystals. At very worst that's 25% of each and 50% of 2 classes. At best that's 2 full t6c of one catalyst
    When you need 3 full t6 to do one rankup, that’s not a comfort. And it also requires a boatload of t6b and t3a
  • Tinnr95Tinnr95 Posts: 58
    Don’t get me wrong the rewards looks great and I have no issue BUT the exploration gold seems to be on the little small side as ranking up 6*s is not cheap. I think as for exploration gets 3m, it should be respectively be on at least the 1m side. Just a thought…
  • PhiliaPhilia Posts: 87
    It’s already 10 am ust. Where’s 8.2
  • Philia said:

It’s already 10 am ust. Where’s 8.2

10 am PST / 1pm EST is release time. Patience young padawan.
  • PhiliaPhilia Posts: 87
    MCOC Team said:

RELEASE DATE

You can expect Act 8 Chapter 2 to go live on Wednesday, April 19th at 10:00AM UST.
  • H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,879 Guardian
    TyEdge said:

Buttehrs said:

JonBlack said:

When you need 3 full t6 to do one rankup, that’s not a comfort. And it also requires a boatload of t6b and t3a
    TyEdge said:

Buttehrs said:

JonBlack said:

8.2 has 7 t6b and 7 t3a as well as the 3-4 gem. That's 1 r5 and 1 r4 or 3 r4s worth.
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,059 ★★★★★
    glanced through the live 8.2 nodes and didn't see any Capture Node. at least in 8.2.1
    In 8.2.4 on the venom path. White mags passive stun isn't converting the weapon node to my champions when it says any stun debuff or passive will do it.
  • Madman_marvinMadman_marvin Posts: 647 ★★★★
    Anyone else seeing the choice node bugged? I select my champ, hit select, it resets, and the champ I picked is missing.
    H3t3r said:

In 8.2.4 on the venom path. White mags passive stun isn't converting the weapon node to my champions when it says any stun debuff or passive will do it.

Are you using Wags against a metal champ? Or just the prefight for someone else?
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,171 ★★★★★
    Did a path in each of first three chapters. Fun. Watched a video breakdown of the big boss, and that looks like a lot of fun. Good work, Kabam.

Also, the path rewards are dope. Was able to rank 4 a champ (Mole God).
    TyEdge said:

H3t3r said:

Are you using Wags against a metal champ? Or just the prefight for someone else?
    Was using it against the arkkus for my nick fury.
    H3t3r said:

TyEdge said:

H3t3r said:

Was using it against the arkkus for my nick fury.
    Pacify mastery or disorient from sp1? Those are my only logical explanations.