relic concerns

CavemanOOGCavemanOOG Member Posts: 31
Just wanted to voice a concern I have about relics. I have no relics equipped, I cannot use relics because of the striker button being right between where I tap to block and special. One of these paths in EQ is effectively punishing me for not having relics equipped. I'm already punished for not using them in battlegrounds. I hope kabam goes easy on punishing me for not using them in quests. If the game gets to the point where it's unplayable without using relics I'll have to be done playing.

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,793 ★★★★★
    Just ignore the node. You don't really need them.
  • CavemanOOGCavemanOOG Member Posts: 31

Yeah for this specific path in EQ it's not THAT punishing, I'm just saying I feel like this is becoming a trend. I'm worried 8.2 is going to have paths you can't do without relics
  • PandingoPandingo Member Posts: 1,041 ★★★★
    What's your hot fix solution? Speak to hit. Like. Summon sw by voice? Lil. I love relics btw. So I'm biased
  • ChiliDogChiliDog Member Posts: 892 ★★★
    I have issue with both special and relic letting off my block with the tuned ai, but also my hands cover mojo tasks, so I don't use him. I would like the relic and special button on the opponents side to also set my own abilities off.
  • PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,393 Guardian

Yeah for this specific path in EQ it's not THAT punishing, I'm just saying I feel like this is becoming a trend. I'm worried 8.2 is going to have paths you can't do without relics
    8.2 has 0 relic paths. The beta for it was in November and kabam doesn't really change the nodes for the paths in the beta. The biggest change I saw was in the 7.4 beta to 7.4 release. In that change they just removed apoc from a paradox line where you needed debuffs on the enemy and jt was difficult having apoc there because you couldn't parry him if you brought a mutant or died to him. You also didn't want to use someone who naturally places debuffs either because you'd max out the charges and die quick to paradox.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,793 ★★★★★

So they have these nodes in 1 MEQ and all the sudden it's a trend? I was in the 8.2 beta, these nodes weren't anywhere in the quest. The nodes don't change that much from beta to release.
  • AMS94AMS94 Member Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★

Yet
    Pandingo said:

What's your hot fix solution? Speak to hit. Like. Summon sw by voice? Lil. I love relics btw. So I'm biased

My solutions would be a) don't make content punish you for not using relics or b) move the striker button to somewhere we don't already tap or c) don't have relics be strikers

So they have these nodes in 1 MEQ and all the sudden it's a trend? I was in the 8.2 beta, these nodes weren't anywhere in the quest. The nodes don't change that much from beta to release.
    They changed incursions to have powerful pro-relic hacks, and then the next month there's a path in EQ that punishes you for not using a relic. Two months in a row seems like a trend to me.