The first batch of 7* looks like this (75% guaranteed)

2»

Comments

• ChovnerChovner Member Posts: 1,218 ★★★★★
    Wicket329 said:

This was the original 6* basic pool, released at the end of January 2018. I believe that this was before any of these champions had received a rework, including early updates like Luke Cage and Red Hulk. By today’s standards, it very obviously leaves a lot to be desired.

But at the time, it really wasn’t miserable. I remember Angela, Yellow Jacket, and even Cap WWII being considered solid pulls. The game back then was much, much simpler. Utility wasn’t as big of a factor outside of basic immunities. Damage was king, and sustainability was a distant second. It was just about hitting your opponent and not getting hit. And since R4 and R5 5* champions were still scarce, any champion at that power level was going to get used at least sometimes.

This doesn’t hold true today. You could double the stats on a champ like Beast and he still wouldn’t be better than even the midtier mutants. And I believe (maybe too optimistically) that Kabam recognizes that fact and will put champs into the crystal who are at least useful.

I could very easily see champions like Hulkbuster, Red Hulk, Cull Obsidian, and others around that caliber in the first 7* crystal. Champions that are fun to use, have their legitimate uses in the game, but might otherwise be overlooked when it comes to a 6* R4 decision. That’s my hope, anyway.

Man I forgot how garbage that initial set of 6*s was.... I'm not looking forward to Friday now... lol
  • CoppinCoppin Member Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    Congratulations, u managed to list some of the most useless champs on each class...
    The new pool will have decent champs... Now having rng in favor.. total different story
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,489 ★★★★★
    I think if history serves, it won't be a Crystal full of OP Champs. This is most likely done to ease the game into their introduction. I'd say they'll probably be "average to low" at first. (Quotations because I still can't bring myself to Tier Champs. Lol.)
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Member Posts: 3,322 ★★★★★

I think if history serves, it won't be a Crystal full of OP Champs. This is most likely done to ease the game into their introduction. I'd say they'll probably be "average to low" at first. (Quotations because I still can't bring myself to Tier Champs. Lol.)

I don’t know that we can use the introduction of 6* champions as an example. It was a very different game at the time.

I don’t think we’ll see champions like Hercules or Magneto in there, but I also don’t think we should. It should be full of champions that people have wanted to try out but couldn’t justify investing in (unless they were personal favorites).

Aarkus, Elsa, Emma Frost, Hawkeye, Hulkbuster, Jabari Panther, King Groot, etc. Champions who are genuinely good in their own right, but are just overshadowed by the heavier hitters in their class.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,489 ★★★★★
    Wicket329 said:

I don’t know that we can use the introduction of 6* champions as an example. It was a very different game at the time.

I don’t think we’ll see champions like Hercules or Magneto in there, but I also don’t think we should. It should be full of champions that people have wanted to try out but couldn’t justify investing in (unless they were personal favorites).

Aarkus, Elsa, Emma Frost, Hawkeye, Hulkbuster, Jabari Panther, King Groot, etc. Champions who are genuinely good in their own right, but are just overshadowed by the heavier hitters in their class.
    Gonna disagree about Elsa. Hahaha. ;)
  • DrZolaDrZola Member Posts: 8,893 ★★★★★
    @Wicket329 generally I tend to agree, but my thinking probably is a bit less-regarded champs than most of those you listed.

I’d think something like the following would be the type of champs the team will include:

Fixit/WW2/MODOK/OGSpidey
    Ronin/Karnak/DDHK/OGBP
    Sabretooth/Capt Britain/Gambit/Sinister
    Ock/War Machine/Vulture/Yondu
    BSSM/Aarkus/Cull/Champion
    Man-Thing/Jane Thor/Loki/Mordo

None of those champs are getting anyone’s pulses racing—but neither are they the bottom of their classes. They are boring, average, somewhat useful—however you want to put it.

Dr. Zola
  • 13579rebel_13579rebel_ Member Posts: 2,715 ★★★★★
    My guess
    Mutant Toad Storm PX Old Man L Havok Blue Cyc

Tech Doc Ock, OS, P99 Silver Centurion Red skull

Cosmic Red Goblin Knull Terrax Ikaris Drax

Mystic Wong Longshot Iron Fist Man Thing Mordo

Science S99 Invisible Woman Anti Venom iHulk Fixit

Skill Jabari Thrags Hawkeye Taskmaster Black Cat
  • SquirrelguySquirrelguy Member Posts: 2,653 ★★★★★
    A list of bangers that I would happily pull:

Nightcawler, Carnage, Mordo, Iron Fist, Doc Oc (not sure why people spell it Ock when it's not ocktopus, but tbh we should spell octopus like ocktopus), Howard tD, Joe Fixit, Yellow Jacket, Hawkeye, Gwenpool.

The best part about a "less desirabe" pool of 7* champs is that they probably will tend to be champs I don't already have ranked up super highly, so I can enjoy them at 6* R3/R4 power levels without the catalyst dump that that would require.
  • rockykostonrockykoston Member Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    6* launch was at a different time, and I do feel that the list of champs at release won't be this bad.
    Even the second batch of 6 stars was pretty meh, if I remember correctly. It was so bad that I quit the game for a year.

I think they will launch some good 7 stars if not top tier ones.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Member Posts: 3,085 ★★★★★

Stebo_79 said:

“75% guaranteed”

Source: I made it up

80% of all statistics are made up
    But 60% of the time they work every time.
    Considering that line was said by Paul Rudd, I want the 2024 April Fools champion announcement to be Ant Man: Sex Panther edition. Give him the ability to place incinerates since it smells like pure gasoline.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,302 Guardian

I say you’re 90% off on this.

Out of all the guesses in the thread to this point, yours is ironically the most accurate.
  • OmedennOmedenn Member Posts: 890 ★★★
    Expect some newer champs in it as well
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Member Posts: 13,935 ★★★★★
    75% guaranteed was a bit off
  • FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Member Posts: 2,784 ★★★★★
    Shamir51 said:

Rvz said:

As a very old veteran player, my prediction for the initial 24 7* champs pool is just like this.

First batch of 7* champs

Mutant: Red Cyclops, Psylocke, Nightcrawler,
    Old man Logan

Cosmic: Ronan, Carnage, Phoenix, Superior Iron man

Mystic: Doctor Strange, Mordo, Jane Foster, Iron Fist

Tech: Punisher 2099, Doc Ock, Civil Warrior, Howard the Duck

Science: Rhino, Joe Fixit, Yellow Jacket, Abomination

Skill: Hawkeye, Karnak, Gwenpool, Winter Soldier

And I’m quite sure about my anticipation. The pool might have 1–2 decent champs, but overall it will be as horrible as what they did to the first batch of 6*. Let’s see.

This aged well 🤣
    At the very least, only 1 person was surprised.
  • Hector_1475Hector_1475 Member Posts: 1,794 ★★★★★

Imagine pulling Red Cyclops, Drax, Phoenix, Rhino or Winter Soldier as your first 7*...
    If the crystal is that bad, I'm hoarding my shards, very easily.

I'm VERY happy to see that I won't have to hoard a single shard. I'm opening both that I can get on May 8th. Every single champion in the first batch is usable and there are some bangers in there, too.