**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

now what

u take 7 hours from us .
how to get anything from arenas mow??????

Comments

• Options
    DongowarriorDongowarrior Posts: 94
    Pretty sure they didn't take 7 hours from your life. I quite enjoyed the spare time and went outside to get some sunlight :smile: The game is back now. Please move on
  • Options
    danijel91danijel91 Posts: 4
    i want that sl so bad, and now when i can get him ,you dont let me do it
  • Options
    danijel91danijel91 Posts: 4
    bro this is first time i play that arena, i wait almost 2 years to get him
  • Options
    DongowarriorDongowarrior Posts: 94
    @danijel91 alot of people are in the same boat. I'm sure they will extend or do another round to make up for lost time
  • Options
    KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    Kabam hasn't done right by us in a long time. The issues with today are proof. Don't expect anything from them that will come close to fixing any issues. They lack integrity.
  • Options
    VTA92VTA92 Posts: 374 ★★★
    Or they will just close any post that they don't like because it calls out their lack of quality control and ability to connect with its client base.
  • Options
    Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    You can still get him. I know you aren't s player that can put up 15 mil in 3 days but it is possible to get sl with the android down time
  • Options
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    You can still get him. I know you aren't s player that can put up 15 mil in 3 days but it is possible to get sl with the android down time

no its not as ios players had a 10 hour advantage its broken the fairness of the arena
  • Options
    Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    It's still possible to get him if you put more time into the arenas. I know some people can't but some can and have time to get him. I'm not talking about fairness because I think Kabam will add an extra arena. I'm talking about whether it's still possible to get sl
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,671 Guardian
    Not to make excuses for the downtime, but if they do what they did the last time a major problem screwed up an arena event they'll probably add a third arena round like they did with Cable. If they do, given how the new arena events work ironically they may have made it easier for players to get Voodoo. First of all, in the old arenas top 5% got the basic, now it is 10%. Three rounds means a collective 30% of players have a shot at getting Voodoo. Now some players will go for him twice if they don't have him and want to dup him. But many will just go for him once. Even the people who want him twice won't go for him three times. And when you look at the scoring for Mordo, you see that when people drive very hard for a champ in round one, there is usually a lot less effort in round two - again, because some people want him twice but some only need him once.

The combination of the fact that Voodoo was likely going to score really high in round one, plus the fact that the pattern in the new arenas is that if round one is really high then round two is lower because we simply run out of high scorers that want or need that champ, combined with three rounds in a row for that champ which means a combined 30% of them is being given out to the grinders, means it is very likely that people have a better shot at landing Voodoo at least once than they did before the downtime. I wouldn't be surprised to see round three go for closer to 3 million than 5 million because of that.

I'm not saying we should be thankful for downtime. But if Kabam remedies this in the same way they did Cable, then the net result will be that more people will get Voodoo than would have before - that is a certainty - and many of them will do so with significantly lower scoring effort. I should point out that while the basic was a less desirable champ when the Cable arena was rerun (Colossus), Cable himself as the featured scored about 15-16 million in the first two rounds, and dropped to less than 7 million in round three. For a new featured champ in the old arenas where only the top 400 got him.

Given that this specific arena week had both Voodoo and StarLord in it, the unplanned downtime could end up with a silver lining. More players are going to be awarded both champs, possibly 50% more players. If you were an Android player that got screwed by the downtime in round one, you might still get two shots at Voodoo and Star Lord, and a significant number of high scoring iOS players who already get them in round one will drop out of the competition in either round one or round two.

Again: I'm not thanking Kabam for unexpected downtime. I'm just suggesting a strategy for the Android players most affected by the downtime. You could try to kill yourself to catch up in round one. Or, if you think Kabam might add a round three, you could save your energy and shoot for round two and three to have better odds. I don't know how Kabam is going to address this problem: they could add a third round, or they could do something different. So I cannot say what the best strategy definitely is. But I can say that if a round three is announced, the scores in that round are likely to be significantly lower than in rounds one and two, and that's an opportunity for players that have trouble getting the basic or were impacted by the downtime in round one.