**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Update: Adjustments to AW S42

2»

Comments

• Options
    GabeZRodGabeZRod Posts: 72 ★★
    I think they just messed up updating the defense tactic description. I did a test run against Kitty with OS and let her build up prowesses and the power gain isn’t nearly as horrid as it was before. The time elapse between two photos was ~7 seconds where she had between 5-9 prowesses within that time. Pre-nerf she would’ve jumped to 3 bars of power right away.

• Options
    GabeZRodGabeZRod Posts: 72 ★★
    Can we revisit why there are 13 Skill champs on the defense tactic and only 4 Mutant champs on the attack tactic? Magneto, Sunspot, and Colossus are all to varying degrees reliant on parry/heavy combos in their rotations, and none of these champs have any abilities to reduce purify mechanics besides Magneto for the 2 #Metal champs on the defense tactic (Zemo & Crossbones).

I’m grateful for the power gain reduction but this tactic leaves very few counter opportunities. You either have to choose champs that will (kind of) prevent power gain or champs that counter the nodes and/or champs. There’s very little overlap especially when looking at most of these Skill champs on the defense tactic.

• Options
    SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,424 ★★★★★
    GabeZRod said:

Can we revisit why there are 13 Skill champs on the defense tactic and only 4 Mutant champs on the attack tactic? Magneto, Sunspot, and Colossus are all to varying degrees reliant on parry/heavy combos in their rotations, and none of these champs have any abilities to reduce purify mechanics besides Magneto for the 2 #Metal champs on the defense tactic (Zemo & Crossbones).

I’m grateful for the power gain reduction but this tactic leaves very few counter opportunities. You either have to choose champs that will (kind of) prevent power gain or champs that counter the nodes and/or champs. There’s very little overlap especially when looking at most of these Skill champs on the defense tactic.

My question is why are the devs INSISTING on keeping Korg as a relevant defender? Korg, in himself, is a problematic defender if you don’t know how to handle him. Last war defense tactic, Planetary Endurance, he was on the list. Now he has an additional defense tactic through Prowess Power? It’s a bit unnecessary in my opinion.
  • Options
    StarSmasher2001StarSmasher2001 Posts: 234 ★★
    Siliyo said:

GabeZRod said:

My question is why are the devs INSISTING on keeping Korg as a relevant defender? Korg, in himself, is a problematic defender if you don’t know how to handle him. Last war defense tactic, Planetary Endurance, he was on the list. Now he has an additional defense tactic through Prowess Power? It’s a bit unnecessary in my opinion.
    If you are looking for an answer to this, look no further than the 7* base pool. Korg is in it. Of course they have to keep him ag least somewhat relevant.
  • Options

Changes to the Tactics:

Prowess Power - 3: Prowess Power - 3: Each Prowess on a #Prowess Power Defender gives them 2% of a Bar of Power a second, maxing at 10 Prowess. When the Defender is Struck by a Critical Hit, or Purifies a Debuff, gain a 10 second Prowess Passive increasing Special Attack Damage by 5%.

Prowess Power - 2: Prowess Power - 3: Each Prowess on a #Prowess Power Defender gives them 1.6% of a Bar of Power a second, maxing at 10 Prowess. When the Defender is Struck by a Critical Hit, or Purifies a Debuff, gain a 10 second Prowess Passive increasing Special Attack Damage by 5%.

Prowess Power - 3: Prowess Power - 3: Each Prowess on a #Prowess Power Defender gives them 1% of a Bar of Power a second, maxing at 10 Prowess. When the Defender is Struck by a Critical Hit, or Purifies a Debuff, gain a 10 second Prowess Passive increasing Special Attack Damage by 5%.

-Game Team, this is still not fixed

It is just a UI glitch. The tactics have been fixed. Tested it out myself.
  • Options

Siliyo said:

GabeZRod said:

If you are looking for an answer to this, look no further than the 7* base pool. Korg is in it. Of course they have to keep him ag least somewhat relevant.
    THat isnt a right take. Korg requires high/max sig to be good, so a 7* korg is probably the worst pull outta there. Your 6r4 Korg is much much better.
  • Options
    Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Posts: 2,559 ★★★★★
    I think this was changed too much. 1.6% of a bar of power per second isn’t noticeable. I fought Toad today with Hulkling and it was just a normal fight.

I think you should change it again maybe 7.5% or something?

Also of note, the description in game reads 10% of a bar of power and 1.6% prowess potency. That is definitely not correct.
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,156 ★★★★★
    Yeah the power gain now makes the tactic worthless to run. Only in seriously unique situations will it even matter .. and I mean a player would have to be seriously terrible in order for this tactic to matter. I understand the nerf was the necessary but it has made it irrelevant and will not be something we run much if at all in season.
  • Options

Yeah the power gain now makes the tactic worthless to run. Only in seriously unique situations will it even matter .. and I mean a player would have to be seriously terrible in order for this tactic to matter. I understand the nerf was the necessary but it has made it irrelevant and will not be something we run much if at all in season.

Yep. If they wanted higher kills, this tactic will produce 0 except in the rare event Bishop gets a random kill with iDoom and Warlock banned.
  • Options
    Old_Man_Deegan44Old_Man_Deegan44 Posts: 9
    Any update on when the fix is coming out for the broken tactic yet or are u gonna leave it for as long as possible to piss us off even more 🤔
  • Options
    Ayushman1999Ayushman1999 Posts: 32
    edited May 2023

It's still showing 10% Power gain per prowess, when will be fixed tactics coming in the game???
    @Kabam Miike
    @Kabam Jax
  • Options
    Just wondering if there has been any discussion about tweaking the new defense tactic again. This power gain isn't an issue and this tactic seems pointless.
  • Options
    Bump
  • Options

Bump

@Yodabolt21 there has been discussion, but it wont be touched this season at the very least.
  • Options
    Bump

Bump

@Yodabolt21 there has been discussion, but it wont be touched this season at the very least.
    Ugh. Oh well