Add 1/25 7*s as an optional substitute for the 6* r4 paragon requirements!l?

whotfareyouthowhotfareyoutho Member Posts: 6
Same requirement of three but it should be three of 6* r4s and/or max r1 7*s

Add 1/25 7*s as an optional substitute for the 6* r4 paragon requirements!l? 161 votes

Yes
8%
Il_JooOphillgreencausticDisthene_TRIBKAZZItsyaboyStephy05Crow9074PhunkEqLacerosYogesh_123NinjadestructerHalpyPhilia 13 votes
No
91%
GroundedWisdomDL864Crys23BigPoppaCBONESnizzbarLeNoirFaineantKeonexxNigNikkoJerryJiverPerfectExampleccrider474Vegeta9001crogsFrankWhiteCat_MurdockSylarKanamePwf57Vergeman78klobberintyme 148 votes

Comments

• CrusaderjrCrusaderjr Member Posts: 1,059 ★★★★
    No
    if you are able to open enough 6* to get enough 7* shards i think you should be able to be doing enough content to get 3 r4 champs. BG, AQ, AW, side quests, and monthly quests within a month you should be getting enough for 1 r4 imo
  • whotfareyouthowhotfareyoutho Member Posts: 6
    points taken bro mb 💀
  • CoppinCoppin Member Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    No
    Lol
  • JChanceH9JChanceH9 Member Posts: 852 ★★★
    edited May 2023
    No
    I’m paragon with 2 r5, 4 r4, and 4 7*, and still wish the requirement was just to complete the content.

With that said, they set the price of entry. To alter it would be unfair to those who paid it.
  • KingSageThe1stKingSageThe1st Member Posts: 102
    No
    Horrible idea
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,423 Guardian

This is a very sticky problem, which will be interesting to see how Kabam addresses this.

On the one hand, if you allow 7* R1s to count for Paragon 6* R4 requirements, then a player could conceivably achieve the Paragon requirements without having to rank anything up at all. 7* R1 by definition doesn't require catalysts, just gold and ISO. A player could just buy a bunch enough crystals and level up three champs to hit this mark instantly. And while at the moment this would be very expensive, it won't be in two years, or three, or four, when this requirement will still be around.

On the other hand, if you don't count them, then in that same future where 7* shards are more common, players could arrive at a situation similar to the situation some players are in now: they are earning 5* shards and 6* shards, and deciding to skip ranking up 5* champs to jump straight to 6* rank ups. One day, players will be doing that and choosing to rank up 7* champs over comparable 6* champs. Such players could conceivable never reach the Paragon requirements, and actually hit the requirements for whatever comes after Paragon *before* completing the Paragon requirements.

My guess is that Kabam will have to use some game design spackle here to try to accommodate the rank overlap between 6* and 7*. They could decide that for now, 6* R4 is still the requirement, and anyone who can snag a bunch of 7* champs can also easily achieve (or have already achieved) the R4 Paragon requirements. And then down the road, they could decide that players who skip past 6* R4 will have to get at least, say, two 7* R2s to force at least some catalyst usage. By then 7* R2s might require comparable effort that 6* R4s required a year ago.

Its hard to say, because you don't want it to be too easy, but you also do not want to require players to backtrack, and whatever solution you implement has to not just address today, but a future where the game economy will be much different than it is now.
  • whotfareyouthowhotfareyoutho Member Posts: 6
    DNA3000 said:

This is a very sticky problem, which will be interesting to see how Kabam addresses this.

On the one hand, if you allow 7* R1s to count for Paragon 6* R4 requirements, then a player could conceivably achieve the Paragon requirements without having to rank anything up at all. 7* R1 by definition doesn't require catalysts, just gold and ISO. A player could just buy a bunch enough crystals and level up three champs to hit this mark instantly. And while at the moment this would be very expensive, it won't be in two years, or three, or four, when this requirement will still be around.

On the other hand, if you don't count them, then in that same future where 7* shards are more common, players could arrive at a situation similar to the situation some players are in now: they are earning 5* shards and 6* shards, and deciding to skip ranking up 5* champs to jump straight to 6* rank ups. One day, players will be doing that and choosing to rank up 7* champs over comparable 6* champs. Such players could conceivable never reach the Paragon requirements, and actually hit the requirements for whatever comes after Paragon *before* completing the Paragon requirements.

My guess is that Kabam will have to use some game design spackle here to try to accommodate the rank overlap between 6* and 7*. They could decide that for now, 6* R4 is still the requirement, and anyone who can snag a bunch of 7* champs can also easily achieve (or have already achieved) the R4 Paragon requirements. And then down the road, they could decide that players who skip past 6* R4 will have to get at least, say, two 7* R2s to force at least some catalyst usage. By then 7* R2s might require comparable effort that 6* R4s required a year ago.

Its hard to say, because you don't want it to be too easy, but you also do not want to require players to backtrack, and whatever solution you implement has to not just address today, but a future where the game economy will be much different than it is now.
    amazing answer thank you for the effort, far more than what some others did lmao. 1/25 was definitely a lack of judgement on my part, but yeah we can already see r4 materials becoming more accessible, shouldn’t be impossible for a change in requirements somewhere down the line

• TheLightBringerTheLightBringer Member Posts: 453 ★★★★
    It's so hard to react LOL or just Disagree
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Member Posts: 1,540 ★★★★
    No
    I'd say yes to 2 7r2s. The t6b and t3a may be less than with 3 6r4s but the 8 t6ccs should even things out.

But naw to 7r1s.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Member Posts: 7,423 ★★★★★

points taken bro mb 💀

Welcome to the alligator pit.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Member Posts: 3,985 ★★★★★
    edited May 2023
    Yes
    I picked the least likely option so that if I'm wrong my alt can get paragon by doing nothing much and if I'm right it makes the effort it took me to get 3 x R4 as a very, very light spender (<50 AUD a year) zero AW and very little AQ worthwhile.

There are enough materials in permanent content to get you paragon, go and do it. BG's has made obtaining a useful 6* to rank up far easier than it has ever been.
  • VaniteliaVanitelia Member Posts: 452 ★★★
    I don't think it would be something they'd do. You don't need to complete content to acquire 7* shards. Same can be said now with the resource materials laying around from unit deals and what not. Back in the day, most materials were only earned through completing content. If you waited long enough, you'd be able to access those rank up materials much later than everyone else as the game economy makes those resources readily available.

I'm pretty sure Kabam mentioned the end goal is for summoners to have well-developed rosters as they progress through the various tiers. They put in gate requirements to reinforce that idea. That argument is moot with the removal of those gates and with all the unit deals for resources at a much faster pace. We can assume the next tier will be exploration of Act 8 with a certain number of 7* rank 2's. With those just coming out, I think the focus will be on 7*r2's and we won't see anything related to r3's for quite awhile.

If you've been around long enough (for me it was December of 2014), progression was painfully slow. I don't think I got my first 4* until 4 months into playing (I see you OG CM). Today's game looks much, much different than it used to be. We all love progress, new shiny champs, and satisfyingly our obsession of completing everything that comes out (minus some of the Everest content). This is the way.