How does bg matchmaking work?

CederCeder Member Posts: 668 ★★★
I was playing bg under the assumption that it's prestige based matchmaking (which is honestly dumb) but I keep encountering people with way higher prestige then me, this guy had 17000 prestige and I only had 14000, that's a huge account difference

Comments

• PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,350 Guardian
    It has parameters based on roster for matchmaking that get looser the higher up you go. By platinum roster matchmaking is basically non-existent
  • LordSmasherLordSmasher Member Posts: 1,524 ★★★★★
    Well for a start you can only match against other players attempting to match at the same time. That creates a limited pool of possibilities. If there isn't an equivalent match amongst them then by definition it will be lopsided.
    I'd expect at some point Kabam might add bots to the lower brackets to flesh it out more.
  • ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Member Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    Why do weaker rosters complaining about going against stronger accounts ALWAYS leave out what tier they are on?
  • Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Member Posts: 1,097 ★★★★★
    It doesn’t
  • JT_SupremeJT_Supreme Member Posts: 1,167 ★★★★
    I feel like they changed matchmaking halfway through this season. I started getting easier matchups and not just 15-18k prestige guys. Getting through diamond was way easier than getting out of bronze.
  • Crine60Crine60 Member Posts: 1,412 ★★★★
    I was wondering why Kabam had to make a post saying players are constantly searching for matches and then canceling it and they have to stop it. I don't understand what benefit a player would get from doing that. Does it affect their own matches somehow? I thought you can't see your opponent until after you both accept the match so I don't see how it would allow them to avoid stronger opponents or anything.
  • PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,350 Guardian
    Crine60 said:

I was wondering why Kabam had to make a post saying players are constantly searching for matches and then canceling it and they have to stop it. I don't understand what benefit a player would get from doing that. Does it affect their own matches somehow? I thought you can't see your opponent until after you both accept the match so I don't see how it would allow them to avoid stronger opponents or anything.

2 accounts can matchmake and you can cancel until both pop up the accept at the same time, additionally, at the top of GC you can prevent others from doing matches by hogging the matchmaking queue and just rejecting everyone causing them to not be able to do matches.