**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

8 hours downtime - which zone benefits most for Arena grind?

winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,736 ★★★★★
Are arena scores likely to be reduced?

Comments

• Nexus_UY_ScutiNexus_UY_Scuti Posts: 480 ★★
    Well it hits most asian countries' 11am to 7pm.

If you are one of those who believe that the gaming conpetitive scene is dominated by asians, then you would believe that arena cutoff would at least 70% lower.
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    edited November 2017
    I highly doubt it effects cutoffs that much. people will still find time. 8 hours less maybe a mil or so for feature?
  • RedRoosterRedRooster Posts: 337 ★★
    Yeah, so basically my prime playing time... but the word on the street is that down time affects all players equally :|
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,759 ★★★★★
    For me its between 3am and 11am
  • superunknown012superunknown012 Posts: 413 ★★
    10 PM to 6 AM for me. US east coast - probably "benefiting" the most.

I'll be sleeping through most of it anyway. Not usually much of a grinder but will make a point to at least hit milestones in both featured and basic to reap any extra shards from rank rewards.
  • ImranImran Posts: 587 ★★★
    east American benefiting most.For asian it's whole day.
  • Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★

If you are one of those who believe that the gaming conpetitive scene is dominated by asians, then you would believe that arena cutoff would at least 70% lower.

Would be curious to see how many players in the Asian countries play in the midnight times. But a whole day, like legitimate day, sun, school, work, lunches and al that prime play time.........gone.
    10 PM to 6 AM for me. US east coast - probably "benefiting" the most.

I'll be sleeping through most of it anyway. Not usually much of a grinder but will make a point to at least hit milestones in both featured and basic to reap any extra shards from rank rewards.

My thoughts exactly I am asleep for most of the down time, but I am one of those players who is kind of like the mid shifter so to speak. I will be the last of the "day players" to log out and sleep, but the first of the "night players" to call it done. I work from home so j can play whenever I want.
    Imran wrote: »
    east American benefiting most.For asian it's whole day.

They will invest heavily in Red Bull and Monsters to stay awake.
  • gohard123gohard123 Posts: 998 ★★★
    Primmer79 wrote: »
    I highly doubt it effects cutoffs that much. people will still find time. 8 hours less maybe a mil or so for feature?

LOL wrong. One round is typically 800k-1m for higher rated players (4* and 5*)... 4* only round is around 400-600k.. thats a lot of points to miss out on
    gohard123 wrote: »

LOL wrong. One round is typically 800k-1m for higher rated players (4* and 5*)... 4* only round is around 400-600k.. thats a lot of points to miss out on

I'm talking feature, where most people pushing the cutoff higher will be pushing as much as possible, aka recharge 5*. Forget about waiting for a round. Then you get to basic where people usually wait for recharge, I can see that one being affected more, less people in the pool, less people pushing
    @Dropfaith thats my point though, you could. but you're not trying for hulk. I'm saying those trying will get the points somehow
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    Not trying for hulk but in 8 hrs I can slam out 4m points without refreshes in either feature or basic

Dang I must be doing something wrong I make like half that lol
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    4pm to midnight for those of us in NZ. Starts and hour before I get off work and ends an hour after I'll go to bed. Right through the heart of prime time.

I have to do all of my grinding tonight and Thursday night because Wednesday is shot for me. (Shut down is on Wednesday here).
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,677 ★★★★★
    2pm to 10pm tomorrow for me.

It is 9am local time for reference
  • Dropfaith wrote: »
    Not trying for hulk but in 8 hrs I can slam out 4m points without refreshes in either feature or basic

Dang I must be doing something wrong I make like half that lol

Ignoring the 5* champs, someone with a lot of 5/50 and 4/40 champs can probably average around 20k per round with the 4/40s and closer to 30k per round with the 5/50s, depending on masteries and which champions. On an iPhone about 20 rounds in an hour is a reasonable arena pace. That's between 400k and 600k per hour. Since 4* champs recharge in about 2 hrs or so, if you have a larger roster you could press harder than one hour up and one hour break: if you do 90 minutes and then break for 30 that's closer to between 600k and 900k every two hour cycle all without spending units to recharge. In 8 hours that's between 4.8 million and 7.2 million depending on what percentage of your 4* champs is 5/50. And none of this counts 5* champs which would be usable in featured but not in basic.

If I'm pushing really hard and in theory if I could play eight hours straight like on a Saturday, I think I can probably do 5-6 million with my roster and my fingers. Pushing really hard I can do about 700k per "cycle" of two hours. But I usually don't do that back to back to back. 3.5 million in an eight hour period is probably closer to my avoid-carpal-tunnel pace.

If you are only doing two million in eight hours that's probably a roster thing. Larger and stronger rosters will significantly increase your point earning capabilities over time. Arena feeds arena: half my 4* champs probably were snagged in the arena, and there's no such thing as a bad 4* champ if you grind arena. Each one makes it easier to get the next one.

Also, if you intend to grind arena I strongly recommend the glass cannon mastery. Even if you do not want to go full suicides, it has only a minor reduction in health for a significant increase in points, and rarely do you need more health in the arena. It also helps everywhere else in general, so it is not a bad mastery to commit to even if you don't go full suicide mastery. Its probably increasing my arena points by a good 10% or more, first because it increases my PI and second because it increases my kill speed slightly. The combination means more points per hour.
  • Also, the downtime sucks balls for my time zone. For me, its 5:15pm to the worst case scenario of 1:15am, which is essentially the entire rest of my waking day starting two hours from now.
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    edited November 2017

Yes, precisely, each and every maintenance down time actually impacted me.
    I have 30min times during lunch break to grind, but kabam'ed, I couldn't
    I have ~1 hour time after work around 6-7pm to grind, again kabam'ed, I couldn't

Even for the usual 2 hour maintenance down, it ALWAYS coincide with my lunch break availability and this has happened for more than a dozen times. Since Kabam is not going to rotate the maintenance time, for players located in Asian timezone, we'll always get impacted the same way.

Of course, there are always exceptions, for example players in Asian country that CANNOT play during their lunch break and can only play at night after 9pm, so in this case the down time will be irrelevant to them.

I suppose this down time period may also impact some folks from European timezone, as some may have a short availability windows/time for them to play during their morning breakfast or commute time before their work or school.
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    If you are only doing two million in eight hours that's probably a roster thing. Larger and stronger rosters will significantly increase your point earning capabilities over time. Arena feeds arena: half my 4* champs probably were snagged in the arena, and there's no such thing as a bad 4* champ if you grind arena. Each one makes it easier to get the next one.

48 4* champs total
    23 3/30
    17 4/40
    8 5/50

That's a total of 16 teams in basics. I think what my problem is, is not team but time. In the last few arenas I have been high enough to receive or awaken each champ I have gone after. But I just have the drive to play arena right now. Call it being pregnant, over worked, or just wanting family time, the arena side has taken a substantial back seat.

The most I did was back in Mordos 2nd arena and dropped 7.9m with 338 fights. That would be an average of 23,000~per round. And if my math is correct 72 hours in the arena minus 10 for sleeping and about 4 hours missed each day for work/life that would be around 11hours it took me to hit 7.9m
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Also, if you intend to grind arena I strongly recommend the glass cannon mastery. Even if you do not want to go full suicides, it has only a minor reduction in health for a significant increase in points, and rarely do you need more health in the arena. It also helps everywhere else in general, so it is not a bad mastery to commit to even if you don't go full suicide mastery. Its probably increasing my arena points by a good 10% or more, first because it increases my PI and second because it increases my kill speed slightly. The combination means more points per hour.

My GC is at 1/3 right now. I have been meaning to redo my masteries but I get sucked into buy featured crystals and pulling them sexy 2*'s
    edited November 2017
    I usually end up around 450k per round in the basic.

roughly 21 streak. 39 of usable 4* (KK and AM will stay at R1 lol), No 5/50's and the rest maxed 3*
    phillgreen wrote: »
    I usually end up around 450k per round in the basic.

roughly 21 streak. 39 of usable 4* (KK and AM will stay at R1 lol), No 5/50's and the rest maxed 3*

That's about where I sit too. I think it's more of a will and want than anything for me. I know I can do it in basic but the drive just isn't there
    Absolutely agree.

I normally only grind for cheap **** on weekends and only if I think i'll get enough rounds in to make the cutoff. Then I stop at rank rewards for most of the next week because i'm bored with the game.

Just have to be happy with slowed progress compared to others but my thumbs thank me and really, I got so much more stuff to do than spend all day basing my real world interactions around refreshes.
  • X_ScottX_Scott Posts: 732 ★★★
    On my jet, staying miles ahead of the maintenance. I'm gonna win! Mwuahahahaha!
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    We’ve known about this for several days now so most people that plan on grinding probably planned around this
  • JustusCastrumJustusCastrum Posts: 149
    I live in the country Georgia, so that means maintenance always start at the moment I wake up, around 7am.
    So, yes some timezones are screwed and some benefit.

Seeing as Kabam always boasts about being fair they should start every maintenance an hour later then the last.

But they won't. Because in reality Kabam is only fair to themselves.
  • Seeing as Kabam always boasts about being fair they should start every maintenance an hour later then the last.

Representing ops people everywhere:

u4w44abyql95.png
  • xoRIVALoxxoRIVALox Posts: 247
    Nice math.
    4* is 8000-10000 each
    5* is 18000-22000 generally with my masteries

Arenas effect everyone differently. I can now sleep at a normal time then wake up and grind. Others may lose a full day of play. So it can matter

Realistically however, the only major effect will be towards people just chasing milestones (who barely make them in 3 days). The prize pool shouldn't vary much, if you were chasing a champ, you will likely get them.... Just at a much reduced overall score

It's the same 110,000 of us who do arenas every time
  • Dino7878Dino7878 Posts: 32
    There should be a change of maintenance time, its been like that for years, affecting those in asia timezone the most. especially when it's a long maintenance. Ends up this group has to spend extra time in the night losing sleep to catch up. Some rotation should be done to be fair to others that are in other timezone.
  • xoRIVALox wrote: »
    It's the same 110,000 of us who do arenas every time

Since the new format of the arena, the basic cutoff has fluctuated between about 10,000 players and 15,000 players, implying that the number of players that participate in the arena and make the ranked cutoff fluctuates between about 100,000 and 150,000 players. That does not count players that participate in the arenas but do not make the rank cutoff, and that's only players that participate in the basic 4* arena.