Support deciding to punish lifelong players, instead of help.

UnowinsUnowins Member Posts: 14
Look, I requested a refund and I got it. I was mad, the game was disconnecting, glitching and truly unplayable (Battlegrounds).

In a frustrated state, I asked Kabam support to refund my entire account (was a shot in the dark haha). They agreed to refund some purchased and redirected me to Apple.

Apple would only allow my recent two purchases; Deadpool’s Loot Bag and Platinum Pass.

Kabam decided to take 2,000 units from my account and put my account in another -2,000 debt.

I responded informing them I ONLY got $30 back from Apple. And they said, no worries we’ll give your units back BUT you will still remain -2,000 in debt.

Basically, they want me to SPEND far more $$$!than I was refunded to play the game again.

Punishing lifelong players. Classy move Kabam

Comments

• CoppinCoppin Member Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    Its not 2000 units... Its kabam credits, not the same
  • MackeyMackey Member Posts: 1,597 ★★★★★
    I kinda agree tbh, I got a refund, don't regret it one bit and I'd do it again under the circumstances. But if I want to get out of the negative contest credits I have to pay just under double the amount I had refunded in order to do so. Its actually disgusting and further helps to stop.you from doing so, if I could settle the refunded amount I might do it but no way I'm spending an extra 80% to do so..

Also, it say any excess credits will be exchanged to units at a set rate ..... what exactly is that set rate, they don't give any info anywhere about that set rate
  • UnowinsUnowins Member Posts: 14
    Coppin said:

You’re right! Can you provide the conversion rate because they have failed to do so
    Mackey said:

I kinda agree tbh, I got a refund, don't regret it one bit and I'd do it again under the circumstances. But if I want to get out of the negative contest credits I have to pay just under double the amount I had refunded in order to do so. Its actually disgusting and further helps to stop.you from doing so, if I could settle the refunded amount I might do it but no way I'm spending an extra 80% to do so..

Also, it say any excess credits will be exchanged to units at a set rate ..... what exactly is that set rate, they don't give any info anywhere about that set rate

Exactly, I have to pay double the amount I was refund to remove the credits.

PLUS, any units earned during that period are lost! (Arena milestones, arena crystals, monthly calendar)

Seems like Kabam are saying, “oh you’re frustrated at the game? Well, you should just leave”
    edited May 2023
    Unowins said:

Coppin said:

You’re right! Can you provide the conversion rate because they have failed to do so
    Check the store it will have the price to buy the credits they penalized u with.. but i think 2000 is like 20 bucks
    Unowins said:

Mackey said:

PLUS, any units earned during that period are lost! (Arena milestones, arena crystals, monthly calendar)

Seems like Kabam are saying, “oh you’re frustrated at the game? Well, you should just leave”
    And no u still earn units.. when u get out of jail u will have the units earned during the jail period
    Coppin said:

Unowins said:

Coppin said:

Check the store it will have the price to buy the credits they penalized u with.. but i think 2000 is like 20 bucks
    Unowins said:

Mackey said:

And no u still earn units.. when u get out of jail u will have the units earned during the jail period
    That’s great to know but the value of the credits in store is double what I was refunded.

They punishing me for twice as much as I was refunded. Pushing their bottom line and not the longevity of players.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,808 ★★★★★
    There's no chance support told you to contact Apple for refunds.

How do you know that? Do you work in that department? Is it not feasible that they could have said we can't do anything but you could take it up with Apple themselves but this will result in you being put into negative credits?
    Unowins said:

Coppin said:

Unowins said:

Coppin said:

Unowins said:

Mackey said:

That’s great to know but the value of the credits in store is double what I was refunded.

They punishing me for twice as much as I was refunded. Pushing their bottom line and not the longevity of players.
    I really want to know what the credits are worth vs the units. I'm somewhat tempted to settle my debt with my credit card, spend my units and then get a refund again through credit card in order to find out the conversion rates 😂
    Unowins said:

Love it mate, he can't argue with that one lmao
    Mackey said:

How do you know that? Do you work in that department? Is it not feasible that they could have said we can't do anything but you could take it up with Apple themselves but this will result in you being put into negative credits?
    100% agree. They don’t outline the punishment or mention that it will restrict your account and the only way to remove the restriction is pay.

I would’ve reconsidered if Kabam was informative with their support. No surprise it’s hidden info so they can score more $$$
    Unowins said:

Mackey said:

100% agree. They don’t outline the punishment or mention that it will restrict your account and the only way to remove the restriction is pay.

I would’ve reconsidered if Kabam was informative with their support. No surprise it’s hidden info so they can score more $$$
    I mean there is a post on these forums saying you will enter that unit jail upon getting refunded in fairness lol
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,294 Guardian
    Not sure why Support included that very last bit in there “and we’ll investigate returning the items to your account”. That's actually a head-scratcher.

Either Kabam issues the refund and adjusts your items themselves, or Apple does refund but that would not be tied to being reflected in your account items (except for getting negative status).

Sounded like you were just DONE with the game, wanted refunds of what you had spent, and wouldn’t be playing anymore.
    Of which Kabam might have only been able to do refund of “unspent” items purchased.
    And any additional Refunds go thru Apple to try and get back anything you’ve spent on game. But don’t expect to continue playing afterwards.
    Mackey said:

Unowins said:

Mackey said:

I mean there is a post on these forums saying you will enter that unit jail upon getting refunded in fairness lol
    Fair but I’m not reading the forums. I’m directly contacting the support and being informed by a paid employee.

Todays my first day on the forums!

Lord knows this game already requires so much external reading/watching 😂
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ★★★★

That's so funny
    Unowins said:

Mackey said:

Unowins said:

Mackey said:

Fair but I’m not reading the forums. I’m directly contacting the support and being informed by a paid employee.

Todays my first day on the forums!

Lord knows this game already requires so much external reading/watching 😂
    It's not exactly the easiest post to find tbh, you'd think they'd make things like that extremely well known ... not just a forum post but like you too much external reading 😂

Not sure why Support included that very last bit in there “and we’ll investigate returning the items to your account”. That's actually a head-scratcher.

Either Kabam issues the refund and adjusts your items themselves, or Apple does refund but that would not be tied to being reflected in your account items (except for getting negative status).

Sounded like you were just DONE with the game, wanted refunds of what you had spent, and wouldn’t be playing anymore.
    Of which Kabam might have only been able to do refund of “unspent” items purchased.
    And any additional Refunds go thru Apple to try and get back anything you’ve spent on game. But don’t expect to continue playing afterwards.

Why can't one expect to play afterwards? I got refunds through Google knowing full well about the negative units and I'm still playing everyday 🙃
    Mackey said:

Unowins said:

Love it mate, he can't argue with that one lmao
    Someone is losing guardian points
    Mackey said:

Because I've never seen in the history of me being on these forums and Kabam has verbally stated from MODs that they don't recommend getting refunds from Apple or Google because you will be hit with contest credits.

I still find it very odd Support told OP that. This just causes people to ask for returns because they're mad at the game or throwing a fit. Kabam shouldn't encourage refunds through the stores at all. Those or for legal issues and nothing OP listed is a legal issue.

Mackey said:

Because I've never seen in the history of me being on these forums and Kabam has verbally stated from MODs that they don't recommend getting refunds from Apple or Google because you will be hit with contest credits.

I still find it very odd Support told OP that. This just causes people to ask for returns because they're mad at the game or throwing a fit. Kabam shouldn't encourage refunds through the stores at all. Those or for legal issues and nothing OP listed is a legal issue.
    Wow dude.. they showed u a screenshot.. who cares if u find it odd or not . Just say "first time i see it i guess i was wrong" 🤣
    Coppin said:

Mackey said:

Wow dude.. they showed u a screenshot.. who cares if u find it odd or not . Just say "first time i see it i guess i was wrong" 🤣
    I know they showed a screenshot. We talk all the time on here how support is wrong but some how this is ironclad correct? Mmmmk.

Mackey said:

I agree with you that Kabam support should’ve outlined options, I was not aware of being hit with contest credits; might have reconsidered.

Support just guided me to continue getting a refund through Apple.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,387 Guardian
    Unowins said:

Mackey said:

I agree with you that Kabam support should’ve outlined options, I was not aware of being hit with contest credits; might have reconsidered.

Support just guided me to continue getting a refund through Apple.
    If you are willing, please PM me. I would like to discuss this situation further, but it is not allowed to discuss specific account details on the public forums.
  • GoldenDadGoldenDad Member Posts: 92
    I was double charged by Kabam a couple of years ago. Contacted support who directed me to got to apple store and put a refund request though. I can also provide screenshots shots.

They then placed me into negative units. When I contacted support again that said I had done it without authorisation and would close the ticket. I ended up contacting my country’s consumer support organisation to assist, and then sent a copy to support. (mods - please delete if this comment breaches any forum rules)
  • JChanceH9JChanceH9 Member Posts: 852 ★★★
    So, I had negative units at one point… recently. Once you get below the $100 threshold it gives you cheaper options. I think mine went as low as $10 toward the end. Point being that it may not cost you as much as you’re thinking.